ADVERTISEMENT

What Rhule should do with his asst coaches

What? Are you kidding me? Fire Raiola ASAP! The Oline is horrible. Tired of them getting pushed around every single game. No push whatsoever. The Offense is among the worst in College Football. Something needs to change!!!

I do still see a path for coach Rhule to bring in someone on offense without really “firing” someone. Josh Martin is more of an interim coach. He should not be retained. I feel like Martin isn’t really owed a chance to try to watch how things turn out, like how some of you think the others should be given that.

They should move McGuire to TE coach and hire an experienced WR coach. WR is too much for a kid whose never coached. What’s MJ doing now? It’s been a year since the incident. I’ve said it many times, a man of faith should forgive if the person has truly repented.
Mickey hasn’t repented he has done this shit literally his whole adult life . He beat the shit out of multiple women when coaching at Wayne state. Just because his wife didn’t go forward doesn’t mean he is innocent. Would your wife let your son go play for a woman beater?

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
Mickey hasn’t repented he has done this shit literally his whole adult life . He beat the shit out of multiple women when coaching at Wayne state. Just because his wife didn’t go forward doesn’t mean he is innocent. Would your wife let your son go play for a woman beater?
MJ is NEVER happening at DONU.

Dingle, you lost me in all of this buddy. I am in the same boat, on the fence about Satts, but what is the problem? You want to blame him and then switch to WR's then TE's. What did Satts do that made him have a "bad game"? Was he having a bad game when they rolled down the field for three straight drives to start the game? They didn't turn the ball over until the very end. They ran the I with power and a full back like many have been begging for. I guess you could complain we didn't run any FB traps. So exactly what is the issue?
Not dingle, but for 3 qrtrs it literally looked like Wisconsin D had our O's signs. Literally. That's either cheating, or our O.C. is getting out coached, you make the call.

It seems as though we’re in a position as fans that we’ll cut off our noses to spite our face! We give Tony White all the credit for the improvement on the defense and we give Rhule all the blame for the trouble on the offense! Time and again Rhule has stepped up and accepted responsibility for this teams failures. He hasn’t thrown anyone under the bus, yet too many fans are going berserk because of where we’re at. This season is going just as most people projected. We all know with the injuries and problems we’ve been in most every game. I hate being the best five win team in the country, yes better coaching could have made a difference in four games. But better play could have done the same thing. We’ve had four games where any player on this team or any leader on the sideline, could have said, “let’s get it done”. No one has accepted that mantle. Yes, I agree that Rhule could make some personnel changes, that discussion should be after the season and we should focus on Iowa for now. We can win this one, we can make a bowl. Then Rhule can fire Foley and who ever he wants. A great man once said, “it ain’t the chef it’s the ingredients”, I think that was Gordon Ramsey

It takes a lot of different attributes to be a great coach, and most coaches do not have all of them. I can understand why someone coming in to "build" a program would a) want guys he trusted, and b) want guys he felt fit the desired culture and could help build it. Eventually though you've also got to have recruiters, teachers, motivators, and some high-level schemers and play-callers, too.

Need to get rid of the ST coach, McGuire, and Raiola. For those who are alive and still kicking, we've witnessed the worst offensive performance at DONU in memory. Heads need to roll.

• Haha
Reactions: MissoulaHusker
At mimimum bring in a QB coach and have Satterfield coach TEs like the original plan.
If this doesn't happen this off season, fans will have every right to complain, criticize, and even BOYCOTT Nebraska football.

Clearly need a dedicated QB coach. If not, then this coaching staff just aren't serious people and are just here for the check that coaching at Nebraska has become. TW and staff being the exception.

We'll see. One more game to prove it and go bowling in a season where it's clearly been possible and the next step this season, not next.

I've said it a 100 times before... the WRs have suffered since Dub left... I have no idea what Williams is doing now but I for one would LOVE to see that man come back... if that means moving McGuire to TE coach then fine... and then help these dudes by getting a real QB coach...

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
but is the poor offensive performance strictly a coaching issue?
No but that doesn't make a difference. Receivers aren't very talented, but they're also poorly coached. Same goes for the OL. Not exactly happy with Satt's performance either, but OC's are a lot harder to replace. That's just the reality.

No but that doesn't make a difference. Receivers aren't very talented, but they're also poorly coached. Same goes for the OL. Not exactly happy with Satt's performance either, but OC's are a lot harder to replace. That's just the reality.
if they aren't very talented, and also very young, how can we know they are being poorly coached?

Reactions: dinglefritz
if they aren't very talented, and also very young, how can we know they are being poorly coached?
Because it is very clear what shows up on game days. I watch a lot of college football from around the country on Saturdays. The technique I've seen from the OL and WR groups are not indicative of positions that are well coached. For example, the wide receiver group get bumped off of their routes easier than any team I've seen around the country. It's not a talent issue, it's being piss poorly coached with poor technique. With the OL, it's the same story. Just watch Corcoran earlier in the year, dude is completely lost. You can't tell me he doesn't have talent because he was damn near a 5 star recruit.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Need to get rid of the ST coach, McGuire, and Raiola. For those who are alive and still kicking, we've witnessed the worst offensive performance at DONU in memory. Heads need to roll.
Boy that sounds like something I wrote three months ago! I 100% agree Foley has to go, there are too many Power 5 teams that are always GREAT on special teams, WVU, ASU, K State, Arizona, Boise we have to be able to find some one that can get a return game going! But, by chance or choice the o-line looks better, I hope Raiola has something to do with it. Agreed, McGuire and Satterfield need a look, McGuire is young and still has some development to go through. Satterfield should be there already.

Because it is very clear what shows up on game days. I watch a lot of college football from around the country on Saturdays. The technique I've seen from the OL and WR groups are not indicative of positions that are well coached. For example, the wide receiver group get bumped off of their routes easier than any team I've seen around the country. It's not a talent issue, it's being piss poorly coached with poor technique. With the OL, it's the same story. Just watch Corcoran earlier in the year, dude is completely lost. You can't tell me he doesn't have talent because he was damn near a 5 star recruit.
so young, inexperienced players in year 1 of a program is 100% indicative of poor coaching?
Star talent sometimes peaks before college. We have gotten our fair share of 4 star transfers from elite schools who never did anything.

Just a question, how long does it take for the S & C to actually show the benefits of a good development program? Seems as though our players are in good shape, but there doesn’t seem to be anyone on either side of the ball who has the ability to dominate! Is this something we should be able notice in the next year?

so young, inexperienced players in year 1 of a program is 100% indicative of poor coaching?
Star talent sometimes peaks before college. We have gotten our fair share of 4 star transfers from elite schools who never did anything.
No it's not just young guys. The OL group can hardly be considered young. There's little excuse for how bad they were in the first half of the season. Raiola got lucky and an injury forced his hand in finally replacing Corcoran, and the unit did improve somewhat in the latter half. Don't think that had to do anything with Raiola other than forced decision-making.

For the receiver group, not all of them are young and they all run the same piss poor routes. McGuire isn't cutting it there. I don't mind the idea of moving him to the TE group, but I don't think we can afford to have him at the WR group next year.

1) get rid of the 22 year old WR coach and bring back Mickey Joseph so we can have a fighting chance at dynamic playmakers

2) fire Satterfield, like he has been before, and hire someone like Bobby Petrino/Dan Mullen as their rehab.

if you disagree you just enjoy losing.

Even worse than the Frost years? Honest question.

Also, wtf does DONU stand for. lol

Even worse than the Frost years? Honest question.

Also, wtf does DONU stand for. lol
"Dear Ole Nebraska University"

you have to undersand that husker oldtimers have this weird fetish for acronyms. when referring to coaches, instead of using their last names (Pelini, Riley, Frost, Rhule), they say HCBP, HCMR, HCSF, and again HCMR.

nebraskans, and likely iowans by proxy, are naturally subservient people who love to kowtow to coaches and admin because they're "nebraska nice" and criticism feels like a borderline terrorist attack.

you won't get honesty like this from anyone else.

Yes? The AD was preparing a very nice package and he would have helped close a nice class.

I’ve been pretty defensive about Satterfield but he got outcoached last night. IF we can get good Qb play maybe he gets better but I don’t see guys getting open like I did earlier this fall. Is it the WRs? Is it the WR coach? Clearly we lack bodies at TE. I thought Satterfield had a bad game but crowd noise appeared pretty clearly to be hurting our offense.
I feel like if there are changes, it might be due to losing the DC. That would be a major loss. Keeping Satterfield is fine with me. He's apparently no genius, but he's probably good enough that it would be better to keep him, let him take the hard lessons of this season and move on.

Whatever he wants.
Whatever he deems necessary.
Even if that means no changes.
Because he’s in charge
Because he’s more qualified than all of us.

Fight me.
Take one million from Satterfield's salary.

Give that million to White.

If Satterfield doesn't like it, he can take his resume to the open market.

well-bye.gif

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
This team needs to learn the play book. I watched a dozen games this weekend ( parts of different games). It’s amazing to me that 90%of all the plays we run the offense seems totally out of sync. A player goes the wrong way, someone misses a block, runs the wrong route, misses a cut that could lead to a better run, misses a pass. The odd thing is it absolutely was the same way under Frost. Very rarely do I say what a great run, or great play. Kansas and Kansas State, it seemed every drive saw terrific execution. Yes, we’ll see it now a then, but it honestly seems as though there is no consistent execution on the offensive side of the ball. So is there anyone (other than the coaches) who can speak to the fact that they “don’t make those mistakes in practice”. You gotta believe you play like you practice. That is the reason some media should be allowed at every practice. I can’t believe we execute any better in practice then we do in a game.

He had trouble getting plays in that last few plays of regulation for one. I hated the double pass when we were running downhill and gashing them in the run game. Too cute. I’m not saying fire him but at crunch time he apparently couldn’t come up with his play calls.

Somebody asked a long time NFL coach why coordinators would get fired one place then resurface elsewhere. His answer was “because play calling in game is a difficult job and not every coach can do it”. It’s a talent and I’m not sure Satt has it. Time will tell.

It’s tough to say based on this game in part because the camera views TV provided we’re terrible. I never could get a sense of whether or not we didn’t have open receivers or if Purdy just wasn’t seeing them. All year long our offense has been a dysfunctional mess. QBs had a huge role in that but Purdy has been healthy enough for 3 weeks to run the scout team. Seems like he should have played earlier. Satt?
Look, I am not a defender of Satterfield, but it seems you want to lay everything at his feet. It may belong there, I don't know.

Your example of the double pass is one you need to reconsider. Satts had them all set up. Wisconsin was playing the run, they bit on it and Coleman was streaking wide open down the middle. Surely you saw that. We were one block from our LT in that being a huge play. He just whiffed. What guarantee is there that a running play would have been positive but you assume it to be. It just doesn't work that way.

On getting the plays in, do you know where the glitch is? Is it him or his assistants on the sidelines or thr QB interpreting?

I know everyone is looking to blame someone, Satts is handy and he deserves some criticism. I called plays at the HS level and it was amazing how much better of a game I called when the players were executing because they were just better. I got smarter one game and not as smart the next, hmm. Surely you know someone who has called plays?

• Love
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Look, I am not a defender of Satterfield, but it seems you want to lay everything at his feet. It may belong there, I don't know.

Your example of the double pass is one you need to reconsider. Satts had them all set up. Wisconsin was playing the run, they bit on it and Coleman was streaking wide open down the middle. Surely you saw that. We were one block from our LT in that being a huge play. He just whiffed. What guarantee is there that a running play would have been positive but you assume it to be. It just doesn't work that way.

On getting the plays in, do you know where the glitch is? Is it him or his assistants on the sidelines or thr QB interpreting?

I know everyone is looking to blame someone, Satts is handy and he deserves some criticism. I called plays at the HS level and it was amazing how much better of a game I called when the players were executing because they were just better. I got smarter one game and not as smart the next, hmm. Surely you know someone who has called plays?
As I’ve stated in other threads, I think the problem is multi factorial. Rhule has stated that last week that they wanted to give Purdy one read and if it wasn’t there he needed to throw it away. Also they wanted a play where it was either complete or out of the endzone.

On that 3rd down in regulation that was clearly the intent with that fade. That’s an EXTREMELY low percentage play for a young QB. It looked to me that the second Purdy threw that ball Coleman flashed open in front of the goal post which would have been a high percentage easy completion.

That’s what I meant by saying I didn’t like those last few plays. Why bother sending anybody else in the pattern if you’re throwing that fade? I think we were too worried about an interception to give our QB a chance with the play. Too tight.

It’s extremely tough to judge Satt, the WRs or Purdy based on the camera views TV gave us. It was horrible production by their TV crew. Rarely did we get any sense of what Purdy was looking at.

I stated multiple times last spring and summer that I was concerned about the complete change of staff and systems. I’m hoping another year in the system will help but that last 40 seconds of regulation didn’t boost my confidence.

Not dingle, but for 3 qrtrs it literally looked like Wisconsin D had our O's signs. Literally. That's either cheating, or our O.C. is getting out coached, you make the call.
And it couldn't be they had better players? So you are saying the first quarter when we ran all over them they hadn't stolen our signs yet but later they did?

I miss the days of rotating WRs or a back and being quick enough with a play call to have a player bring it in from the sideline.
Satt has either a confidence issue, too many cooks in his kitchen or is very indecisive

At least get your personnel group in so we can get to the line if you need an extra 10 seconds to call a play

Satt has either a confidence issue, too many cooks in his kitchen or is very indecisive

At least get your personnel group in so we can get to the line if you need an extra 10 seconds to call a play
That or he was getting second guessed at times by the head coach. Hopefully it wasn’t just the pressure getting to him. I do think Wisconsin’s DC had him flummoxed

Reactions: king_kong_
That or he was getting second guessed at times by the head coach. Hopefully it wasn’t just the pressure getting to him. I do think Wisconsin’s DC had him flummoxed
Not just a last game issue, though I agree wisc’s entire staff put ours through a coaching clinic last week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT