ADVERTISEMENT

What Quarter Do Fans Leave?

TheBeav815

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
If the OSU game plays out like we expect it to (and it will), will fans stick around into Q3 or leave at halftime?

If we're down 3 td's or more at 1/2, I guess a good 10k are gone and don't come back.

The correct answer would be post game. True fans don't leave early. I'm not talking about the last two minutes of a blowout in either direction. I'm talking about leaving at half, staying home because they think we'll get beat, etc. Sorry if you disagree. That's my opinion. We always stay for every play of a home game regardless of score. We may leave a minute or two early of an away if it's decided and we are driving all the way home that night.

Reactions: HuskerO
I am coming out from LA for the game and honestly the game is the least exciting part of the trip...Hope its a MSU type game but fully expect to be in the parking lot by the 3rd quarter

The correct answer would be post game. True fans don't leave early. I'm not talking about the last two minutes of a blowout in either direction. I'm talking about leaving at half, staying home because they think we'll get beat, etc. Sorry if you disagree. That's my opinion. We always stay for every play of a home game regardless of score. We may leave a minute or two early of an away if it's decided and we are driving all the way home that night.

I agree with you but how else will husker fans show they are not happy with the program? We keep buying tickets, keep buying gear, and NU keeps being in the top 10 revenues in college football, does the school really care if we when or lose as long as they keep making tons of money?

Reactions: saluno22
Only 10k? So you're saying people will stick around just to watch Ohio State in person?
I shouldn't have said "or more." I'd say the 10k leave right around 21 point mark. If it's Oklahoma State'ish, then many more will be gone at 1/2.

I agree with you but how else will husker fans show they are not happy with the program? We keep buying tickets, keep buying gear, and NU keeps being in the top 10 revenues in college football, does the school really care if we when or lose as long as they keep making tons of money?
I was about to say the same thing then saw your post. All those empty seats at halftime of the 2007 Oklahoma State game certainly sent a message.

I posted about the money issue in another thread: If programs are making a profit at a margin they are comfortable with, what's the motivation to improve the product? That's where fans can have their impact ("true" fans or not).

We could be down by 28 at half time. If so I say at least 10k will leave.

I guess a third of the stadium will be empty by the start of the 4 qtr.

Soooo what you're saying is we are the Dallas Cowboys? Good ol' Jerry Jones runs the cowboys the same way.

People need to stay for the entirety so we can be sure to give the Buckeyes a loud and warm applause as they leave the field as is our tradition.

you know the whole "through these gates pass the greatest fans ...." thing

:eek:

Last edited:
i hope the vast majority stay until at least well into the 4th.
OSU a few years ago hen some fans left early led to Pelini tape scandal, right?
Fans caught heat and he caught heat.
This could be a good game, wisky was for awhile although frustrating as heck in 1st

The giddiness of some of you is almost sickening. Be careful what you wish for.
I gave them full buy-in last Saturday, and they showed me what kind of a team they are. There is zero reason to believe they will keep it respectable against OSU nor that the fans will keep turning out to watch a team that peaks in the middle of their division.

We have one of those not far from me. They play at a quaint little place called Ryan Field, and when they sell out a game it's because the other teams' fans filled it up. Here but for the grace of Ws go the Huskers. It's a testament to the fans that they've kept the streak going through all this.

Only 10k? So you're saying people will stick around just to watch Ohio State in person?
Or they would stick around to support the team. Personally I wouldn't leave early. Even if Solich, Callahan or Pelini were still our head coaches.

OSU a few years ago hen some fans left early led to Pelini tape scandal, right?
Fans caught heat and he caught heat.
I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure why fans caught heat from that game? Stadium was 98%-99% full to start the 2nd half.

I gave them full buy-in last Saturday, and they showed me what kind of a team they are. There is zero reason to believe they will keep it respectable against OSU nor that the fans will keep turning out to watch a team that peaks in the middle of their division.

We have one of those not far from me. They play at a quaint little place called Ryan Field, and when they sell out a game it's because the other teams' fans filled it up. Here but for the grace of Ws go the Huskers. It's a testament to the fans that they've kept the streak going through all this.

Great. Where were your seats? When did you leave Saturday?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT