ADVERTISEMENT

How will Husker Nation react when Sims starts?

If Rhule is Mr. Foundational decisions for a better tomorrow. Wouldn’t you want to get HH as much experience as possible in this building year 1

Reactions: SomedayHusker
When 90K people boo, how do they indicate if it's toward the players or toward the coaches? 🤔
That'll be up to the players and coaches alike to interpret. Good coaches (unlike Pelini) will assure their players that the boos were the coaches alone and own it, allowing players like Fidone to focus on improving rather than tweeting. Er...X'ing? Idk how that works now and I could care less lol

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Will I support Sims if he starts. Yes.
Will I understand it. No.
Will I be yelling for him to be benched after his first turnover. Hell yes.

Is HH the worst practice player ever and that's why they are afraid to give him a real chance in games unless someone is injured? Or do they just not like him? I find it weird how his potential is always talked about, yet we never get to see it.

Have you watched him on the sidelines. It may be #2.

Yes, because my primary concern is what this tard thinks

DRmfdJPUQAAEReE.jpg

Couple things here.

1. It’s LA Tech. Their defense is bad. We won’t find out a ton about either QB. As I’ve said about Sims, his numbers through 2 games are far worse than his total body of work that he had at G-Tech. That will revert to the mean at some point which means he’ll have some pretty good games here (unless Satterfield’s offense really is just an atrocious fit for him, which could easily be the case) but that’s how his career went prior. Great games and bad games.

2. Look at the other “free agents” that were brought in and the lack of loyalty to them on the other side of the ball. Corey Collier, Chief Borders, MJ Sherman were all listed as big playing time guys before the opener and all have been unseated rather quickly/rotated often by dudes that have been here, with great success. There’s something about Sims with Sat or Rhule that keeps his name in their mouths.

Could be that he was promised the starting job and those other guys weren't? I don't know that, but I could easily see promises being made to get a QB and not those other guys.

If Rhule starts Sims he’s making a massive gamble on the kid. If Jeff starts and continues to struggle, he will lose confidence from a lot of fans and players. And if he does that and does put in HH and HH does well again, forget about it. He will look like he has no idea what he is doing.

Yes he’s seen Jeff in practice but I hope he’s been around long enough to understand the difference between practice and a game.

Willing to jeopardize a lot for one player just doesn’t seem to be worth it. But on the flip side, if Jeff did come in, ball out, it could really send a positive message too. I just don’t know id mess with a winning hand for that gamble

Last edited:
I hope sims doesn't play. Use this week to get healthy. Might need him more later than risk tweaking and then out more weeks

Reactions: BleedRed78
Judging by the presser today.. Sims is going to start if he can run. That’s what I took out of it. Will be UGLY in Lincoln if he even screws up a little... and many fans want HH to start with. I sensed from teammates that they love HH and playing with him. Rhule has his work cut out for him for sure..
I hope they give the kid a chance before booing the coaches if he starts to f it up.

We probably need both QB's. Word from GT fans is Sims can have a monster game where he looks fantastic, but then isn't consistent at all with his performance in other games. Maybe you we get lucky and he has a monster performance against a Michigan or other foe this year, helping get us bowl eligible.

I can see them start Sims and pull him if he starts turning the ball over, or HH to start and they slide him into the game maybe in the second half for a series if we have a good margin of points.

It will be interesting to see how Rhule deals with this..
If Sims starts against tougher teams, then turns over the ball that won't be fair to HH and the rest of the team to try to overcome a deficit to get a win. The Huskers are not good enough to overcome a handicap. I hope Sims plays well and stops turning the ball over, but I have my doubts.

It's not that hard. Sims was the deemed the better QB after a long look in camp. Sims had two sloppy games but was hurt. Let him start. Give HH a few series, too.

If Sims turns the ball over or makes some stupid decisions, he may be done as the starter.

Rhule knows neither can be the long term answer. It will have to be someone else if we hope to get in the top 25 in the coming years.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
It's not that hard. Sims was the deemed the better QB after a long look in camp. Sims had two sloppy games but was hurt. Let him start. Give HH a few series, too.

If Sims turns the ball over or makes some stupid decisions, he may be done as the starter.

Rhule knows neither can be the long term answer. It will have to be someone else if we hope to get in the top 25 in the coming years.
Sims was promised the job in order to get him to enroll

Camp was nothing more than theatre

Have yet to see any of you geniuses explain why HH can’t be the answer long term aside from “that’s how I feel”

Reactions: Wasker77

Mmmmm I don't know. TO's rule was you don't lose your spot due to injury. Haven't heard Rhule say that. HAVING SAID THAT, most returning starters tended to have a short leash. We'll see

If Sims starts against tougher teams, then turns over the ball that won't be fair to HH and the rest of the team to try to overcome a deficit to get a win. The Huskers are not good enough to overcome a handicap. I hope Sims plays well and stops turning the ball over, but I have my doubts.
it will be interesting to see how Rhule deals with this.. In your situation, it indeed might not be fair, but the coach can sell everything as a team game, next man up, but even he has to know that it might build resentment.

Judging by the presser today.. Sims is going to start if he can run. That’s what I took out of it. Will be UGLY in Lincoln if he even screws up a little... and many fans want HH to start with. I sensed from teammates that they love HH and playing with him. Rhule has his work cut out for him for sure..
I will be booing the TV from my house. Would serve them right if he had 3 or 4 more give aways in Saturdays game.

Sims was promised the job in order to get him to enroll

Camp was nothing more than theatre

Have yet to see any of you geniuses explain why HH can’t be the answer long term aside from “that’s how I feel”

You're just guessing that like the rest of us though, right? Or have you heard that's in fact the case?

You're just guessing that like the rest of us though, right? Or have you heard that's in fact the case?
Do you think a 3 year starter at an ACC program transfers to a new staff to compete for the job?

Use your brain, guy

Do you think a 3 year starter at an ACC program transfers to a new staff to compete for the job?

Use your brain, guy

When it's Georgia Tech? Who also got a new staff? Maybe.

Look, dude...I'm on your side and also assume the same and I've said as much. You just stated it as fact, so I was curious if you'd heard that or if you're just still using deductive reasoning like the rest of us.

Settle down, guy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT