ADVERTISEMENT

Win Now vs. Build a Program

CU will make a bowl game this year and NU will not. Deion will do it in year one, after taking over arguably the worst P5 team in the history of P5. NU will miss a bowl for 7 straight years, and counting.

I would say Deion is really doing it.
Let's revisit this after the season.

As has been said, these things (win now, build) are not mutually exclusive. Who thinks the best way to build a program is to lose all the time at the start of a “build?”

Win games, get excitement up, players want to come and the build goes much better.

Building and maintaining a program is desirable but there is no good reason why we shouldn't be winning at least 6 games a year during that build. We have the facilities & resources.

Reactions: BigRedTed
Trev wanted build a program. Fans needed win now. This is what we got.

Yes, win now is possible. Deion is doing it, Mel Tucker did it. Many other coaches have gotten poorer teams bowl eligible in year 1.

I am a fan, and I love DONU, but if it takes three years, I think I'd prefer to leave and come back. I don't mean support a different team, just do other things on Saturdays and check the scores later. I did that today. While disappointed, I'm also feeling no emotion about it, which is better than being amped up about something I have no control over.
It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. We have a good enough defense we should be winning now. As for if we're building a program for the future, who the **** knows. The last two coaches said that too and look how that turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT