ADVERTISEMENT

We just lost to a better team

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Let's face it. The better team won today and won convincingly. They just have better athletes than we do and that is a credit to Sanders for using his name and fame to bring in top tier talent. Matt Rhule does not have the same name or fame and was unable to do the same. We hired a developmental coach and not a splash hire. Perhaps in the age of the portal and NIL it is not wise to hire a developmental guy. Time will tell.

We will be hard pressed to win three games this year with the talent we have on offense. So buckle up guys because it is going to be another really long and sad season. We just do not have the talent on offense to compete. And it is not just the QB, although he is not a good QB at all.

This year is not the year for judging Rhule, although some of his decisions are fair game for criticism. Keeping Sims in the game today seems like a brain dead decision to me. But we hired a developmental coach and that is what we need to be patient about. This experiment will show its true results in three years or so. I know, I know, we have been saying that for years now. But hey, it is what we are stuck with. No way we fire Rhule after two games. No way he gets fired even if he loses every game this year.

Rhule is here to rebuild the program over time. Therefore, for me, the key will be to see how well this next recruiting class measures up. Rhule's first one was not bad at all. Top 25. So as much as we hate to lose this year it is just what it is. We have zero talent on offense to speak of. No real playmakers and an average offensive line. We can piss and moan all we want about Rhule, but we are stuck with him. And two games is not a good judge of how he will turn out.

Here is to next year....

Let's face it. The better team won today and won convincingly. They just have better athletes than we do and that is a credit to Sanders for using his name and fame to bring in top tier talent. Matt Rhule does not have the same name or fame and was unable to do the same. We hired a developmental coach and not a splash hire. Perhaps in the age of the portal and NIL it is not wise to hire a developmental guy. Time will tell.

We will be hard pressed to win three games this year with the talent we have on offense. So buckle up guys because it is going to be another really long and sad season. We just do not have the talent on offense to compete. And it is not just the QB, although he is not a good QB at all.

This year is not the year for judging Rhule, although some of his decisions are fair game for criticism. Keeping Sims in the game today seems like a brain dead decision to me. But we hired a developmental coach and that is what we need to be patent about. This experiment will show its true results in three years or so. I know, I know, we have been saying that for years now. But hey, it is what we are stuck with. No way we fire Rhule after two games. No way he gets fired even if he loses every game this year.

Rhule is here to rebuild the program over time. Therefore, for me, the key will be to see how well this next recruiting class measures up. Rhule's first one was not bad at all. Top 25. So as much as we hate to lose this year it is just what it is. We have zero talent on offense to speak of. No real playmakers and an average offensive line. We can piss and moan all we want about Rhule, but we are stuck with him. And two games is not a good judge of how he will turn out.

Here is to next year....
I haven’t given up completely on this year. It isn’t going to be what I hoped but there are changes we can make to maybe get us to 6 wins still.

This year is not the year for judging Rhule, although some of his decisions are fair game for criticism. Keeping Sims in the game today seems like a brain dead decision to me. But we hired a developmental coach and that is what we need to be patient about. This experiment will show its true results in three years or so. I know, I know, we have been saying that for years now. But hey, it is what we are stuck with. No way we fire Rhule after two games. No way he gets fired even if he loses every game this year.

Here is to next year....
You are an idiot, they weren't very good. Our offense is just that pathetic from our staff to our players. Our defense played well when it mattered. Colorado is so over hyped, they are NOT good.

Reactions: Bruce1981
It's simply Jimmy and Joe's winning. Good lord you know it was a rebuild right. It's 3 yrs like it or not. Rhule isn't going anywhere. Colorado beat Nebraska, Big Phuckin deal , anybody with a pulse does.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I agree, however, they are better only because of how poor we are.

We have another really bad quarterback. Really bad, and they do not bench him.

This season is done, this coach was a mistake, and this program will continue to lose donors until they find someone who can bring in Talent. This game was a *PERFECT* caricature of the dichotomy between Talent vs ‘Development’. Jesus F*cking Christ. TALENT…

You are an idiot, they weren't very good. Our offense is just that pathetic from our staff to our players. Our defense played well when it mattered. Colorado is so over hyped, they are NOT good.
I never claimed that CU was a great team or that they are world beaters. They will get beaten by the first really complete team they face this year that can play both offense and defense. I think they are in for a rude awakening. But there is no questioning that Sanders has brought in some pretty elite offensive talent. And there is not question that we did not do that and it showed today. And so I repeat. We got beat today by a better team. Our defense played great but got gassed because our offense was awful. And it is awful because it lacks talent. And over the course of the game CU's superior offensive talent to ours won the day. The better team won.

Couldn't disagree more. Even a competent qb for Nebraska today and this game may have been over by half. Honestly believe the D kind of quit in the second half. Will be interesting to see what happens the next couple weeks.
But we do not have a competent QB and they did. Hence, my point. They were better than us at the most important position on the field.

We were beat by a far superior athletic department with a vision of how to actually build a winning program where talent acquisition is priority 1-2-3

We instead declared ourselves a developmental program and were handing out scholarships to walkons

The game went exactly how you would expect when 2 programs with those opposite approaches play

Quarterback play makes a difference. Put Sanders on Nebraska’s roster, and Sims on Colorado’s roster, and the score would have been 36-14 the other way.
Yes, and their QB was much better than ours. Again ... my point. Their wide receivers are also better than ours. Again ... my point. They have better offensive talent than we do by far.

Reactions: 54T
They still beat Nebraska and they are a better team, or did you miss the game today? Defense played well but not enough to stop cu when it mattered, right?

Sanders is pretty ****king good guy, if we have him on our team we win a lot of games this year.
How long will Sanders be in Colorado? What prevents all of his players from transferring along with him again and leaving the next coach at ground zero?

We were beat by a far superior athletic department with a vision of how to actually build a winning program where talent acquisition is priority 1-2-3

We instead declared ourselves a developmental program and were handing out scholarships to walkons
We?
How long will Sanders be in Colorado? What prevents all of his players from transferring along with him again and leaving the next coach at ground zero?
I was referring to sheduer

Here is to next year....
Rhule is not the answer but at some point money matters. What is needed is for the fans to show up at the game with paper bags over their heads to let the leaders know that patience has RUN OUT. We suck and we know it.

Good grief people. Did some of you watch the same game I did? Yes, our defense played well in the first half. But our offense sucked in both halves and our defense wore out. That is called football. Remember when we used to do that to teams under Osborne? There were many, many games under Osborne where we were not blowing out a clearly inferior team in the fist half. But by mid way through the third quarter we were. Why? Because we were the better f$cking team and we eventually wore the opponent down. I wonder how many times a Kansas or an Iowa State left our field after losing 45-14 or so and saying to themselves -- "Hey, we are just as good as them. We just ran out of gas eventually." If they said that they were wrong.

We were not the better and more talented team today. We were not. Turnovers in the first half killed us. Yep. But at one point in the third we were just down 13-7. Then what happened?? Our more talented roster just decided to give up? Nonsense. We got worn down by a better team today.

The game went exactly how you would expect when 2 programs with those opposite approaches play
This. I’ve given A LOT of money to this program, and I’m done until they prioritize Talent over all else. And I hope other donors do the same.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Sims’ decision making and ball handling. HH’s accuracy. My fear is that they trot Sims out next week and he has a big game cementing his starting spot. He’s been bad.
Rest assured - he is not going to have a big game.

I never claimed that CU was a great team or that they are world beaters. They will get beaten by the first really complete team they face this year that can play both offense and defense. I think they are in for a rude awakening. But there is no questioning that Sanders has brought in some pretty elite offensive talent. And there is not question that we did not do that and it showed today. And so I repeat. We got beat today by a better team. Our defense played great but got gassed because our offense was awful. And it is awful because it lacks talent. And over the course of the game CU's superior offensive talent to ours won the day. The better team won.
We spotted them 20 with our QB giving them a short field then the refs spotted them 7 by not calling roughing on our punter. Congratulations to CU for struggling against a team that has a high school offense. Can't wait til they play Oregon then USC back to back

Reactions: BleedRed78
It's simply Jimmy and Joe's winning. Good lord you know it was a rebuild right. It's 3 yrs like it or not. Rhule isn't going anywhere. Colorado beat Nebraska, Big Phuckin deal , anybody with a pulse does.
You know, your last sentence is well
Worth noting. Really no point to get upset over this, 75% of teams beat Nebraska. The ones that don’t just make too many uncharacteristic mistakes, like Iowa last year.

Let’s not make excuses. The team is ran by a garbage staff. Blame sims all you want. He is our starter because of this staff
I do not agree with your assessment that this is a garbage staff. Too early to tell. But I will grant you this: how in the hell did Rhule and his offensive coaches think Sims was a good guy to target in the portal? Perhaps they are not good judges at all of QB talent. Because Sims is truly awful

This. I’ve given A LOT of money to this program, and I’m done until they prioritize Talent over all else. And I hope other donors do the same.
Ever thought that maybe we cannot get all of the talent, regardless of how much we covet it? I can name a minimum of 25 schools that are a more attractive destination. That’s at a very minimum.

Here is to next year....
This will sound very bad but the best thing Sims has done all year is get hurt. It gave HH needed reps and a chance to show something.

they are a below ave team. Our defense shut them down. Our offense single handedly lost the game by their complete incompetence.

Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Rhule is not the answer but at some point money matters. What is needed is for the fans to show up at the game with paper bags over their heads to let the leaders know that patience has RUN OUT. We suck and we know it.
JFC…2 games in of a rebuild…something our coach said would take time, and you are ready to jump ship? GTFO with that garbage take…Judas

This will sound very bad but the best thing Sims has done all year is get hurt. It gave HH needed reps and a chance to show something.
I sure hope Haarberg starts next week. At the very least I would like to see what he can do. He can't be any worse than Sims so why not give him a shot? Unless like so many coaches Rhule is a stubborn ass who won't give up on "his guy" like Frost with AMart or Pelini with TMart playing against OU in the title game in 2010 with his right ankle wrapped up to his balls and walking like a peg-legged pirate.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT