ADVERTISEMENT

B10 West is Garbage: We Can Still Win This Division

We aren't good.

However, we can still win the very shit awful West division of the Big 10.

Other than we stink, convince me we can't.
In 2 big ten games this year, we still haven’t been able to not beat ourselves.

Minnesota we had 4 turnovers, no need to beat that dead horse.

Michigan - we weren’t going to beat them even if we played clean and perfect. However, in the first half we threw an INT, turned it over on downs on a 4th and 1 and then shortly after half missed a FG.

Big Ten teams have feasted on waiting for Nebraska to beat itself for the last 5 years - sadly we have made almost no progress in this area this season.

For that reason, Nebraska will not win the big ten west. Because to win the west we would need to win turnover battles and eliminate back breaking mistakes (not beat ourselves) and i don’t see the Huskers doing that.

Last edited:
We ain’t winning the division. Would love it but it’s not happening. We could, maybe, win another 4 games and make a bowl though…

Reactions: huskercabby
Who knows what will happen? The past five years do not determine our destiny. We have seven winnable games ahead. Let’s get after it and see if we can’t flip the script of our recent history.

I totally agree. Friday is the make it or break it game of the season.
100% agree. It will be very tough game bc of the mental and physical beat down we took last week (just like DONU used to do to other teams which would lose the week following week after playing us). If we can win Friday we could prove some toughness and get some wins. If lose we may not win again this year

We aren't good.

However, we can still win the very shit awful West division of the Big 10.

Other than we stink, convince me we can't.
....we cannot.
a bowl berth would be a MONUMENTAL accomplishment. We'll be favored in one, MAYBE 2 games yet this season, and are more than capable of losing both of them.

We'll be favored in one, MAYBE 2 games yet this season, and are more than capable of losing both of them.
I bet you will be a slight favorite against Iowa.

All depends on how our new QB plays I guess.

I'm expecting a very close game, either team can win.

Reactions: ssmill777
Reasons we could win the division:
It really sucks.

Reasons we won’t win the division:
We really suck worse.

Are there several games that look winnable on paper? Yes. But we have lost many more games like that than we have won in recent memory.

As bad as the West is I don't think it will happen. My money is probably on Wisconsin to win the tallest midget contest.

Just focus on beating Illinois and then getting to six wins. Maybe that's a bad mentality to have. But at this point I think it's realistic and what we can hope for in year 1. Getting those extra practices from a bowl game (even a crummy one) is valuable going forward.

I bet you will be a slight favorite against Iowa.

All depends on how our new QB plays I guess.

I'm expecting a very close game, either team can win.
I expect a blowout like last year

Your team is crap, defense is overrated

There is no reason we can’t get hot against our peers

Worst division in all of cfb by a long shot
We've been in the worst division of cfb across two different conferences for 20 years. We've never been able to capitalize despite numerous opportunities to do so. They'd have to prove they can do it before I'll believe it at this point.

It boils down to whether Nebraska gets better as the season goes on. They really have not done that in recent years. In fact, most of the past 8 seasons, NU has limped to the finish line - never having developed or improved along the way. With a new coaching staff, we can hope NU will get better in October and November - at least until proven otherwise.

Friday's game certainly could shape the rest of the season. Win that, and NU gets a bye week, followed by the probably the softest stretch of conference games we've seen in a long time. I'm not including Maryland in that stretch. But a win at Illinois could certainly propel NU to a 6-3 record heading into the last 3 weeks of the season.

It's a great opportunity for NU...please, please, please take advantage.

We've been in the worst division of cfb across two different conferences for 20 years. We've never been able to capitalize despite numerous opportunities to do so. They'd have to prove they can do it before I'll believe it at this point.
Well, when you put it like that..........
Animated GIF

The same guy who came in overweight and out of shape a mind was sent home? The guy with one big play/carry that now defines his legacy? That guy?
I don't disagree with you but it's not like we have tons of guys who have had even that one big play. Are you saying that he can't redeem himself no matter what just because he showed up out of shape? I think it's pretty unlikely that he's some hidden gem but Grant sucks and everyone else is hurt so yeah - get him more carries and see what happens.

You say this every year. But the B1G West wins 2/3 of their Bowl games.
Against .500 teams, teams whose coaches have taken better jobs and teams whose players opted out

Nobody gives a shit about mid-Dec bowl games except B1G west squads stacked with players/coaches with zero future and zero demand for their services

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT