ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey health..

So many things can cause Rhabdo. Unfortunately I know a lot about it having had it. With me, it wasn’t all caused by a hard work or “pushing myself” too hard. Mine was caused more due to what I did after my workout and you’d be surprise that’s in a lot of cases. Not hydrating after a heavy workout could be the cause of Rhabdo just as much (if not more) then “being pushed or pushing yourself too much”.

One does need to drink a lot of fluids to help prevent it to keep the protein and metabolic bi-products from concentrating and forming somewhat of a semi-solid, so to speak. In other words, keep them diluted, which would allow the urine to be more free flowing in that case. The heavy workout concentrated the proteins that broke down from the muscles and the lack of fluids allowed them to stay concentrated and, obviously, not diluted and flowing out in the urine.

What if you get "sick" and want to leave school to "recover", but then you feel a lot better?
He should just have stuck it out and possibly died on the field, because he ain't tough enough for YOU

Maybe I missed something, but when did race enter into it?
Nobody would be giving their cute, veiled shots at the kid if he was, let's just say a "local". It's downright BS what some will say about these kids if the keyboard jockeys think they "don't have heart or toughness". You can all save the fake outrage.

Please take that kind of bulls**t somewhere else. So tired of everything under the sun triggering the “racist” accusations.
You think people would have been taking their shots at him if he was a white kid from Norfolk? Seriously, take a second to think how people talk about our players. I don't give a shit where they are from, the BS assumptions about their effort and buy-in are disgusting.

You think people would have been taking their shots at him if he was a white kid from Norfolk? Seriously, take a second to think how people talk about our players. I don't give a shit where they are from, the BS assumptions about their effort and buy-in are disgusting.
Well they did in fact take plenty of shots about a white kid's effort from just 2 hours north of Norfolk who is going to be on the active roster in the Super Bowl......Just sayin....

Maybe in your mind it would be because I don't live in Nebraska, but I would look at it the same way whether it was a local, white kid or an out of state kid be they White, Black, Hispanic, etc..

Look at how people look back on Eric Crouch "quitting" before being talked into coming back and given the starting QB position, and he was a local, white, eventual Heisman winner. People to this day will crap on him for quitting the team, not wanting to compete, questioning his heart, etc. even though it ended up working out pretty darn well in the end.

Rather than race being the issue, I think it is much more a generational thing and people think Millenials/Generation Z are soft and always crying for attention through social media. They aren't necessarily incorrect in that either, and I'll be honest when I read Tyjon's tweet I figured that's what it was, but didn't comment on it because I didn't know the whole story. I'm glad I held off, because my initial assumption was completely wrong.

I think much more than a racial issue, it is an issue of jumping to conclusions without knowing the whole story. That tendency extends into many issues in our society such as race relations, police/public relations, politics, etc., so it's not surprising to me.

Last edited:
I can’t read their minds or intentions. If they post an opinion it may be right, wrong, or ill informed, but it’s unfair to play mindreader. The OP could be a minority for all we know.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Maybe in your mind it would be because I don't live in Nebraska, but I would look at it the same way whether it was a local, white kid or an out of state kid be they White, Black, Hispanic, etc..

Look at how people look back on Eric Crouch "quitting" before being talked into coming back and given the starting QB position, and he was a local, white, eventual Heisman winner. People to this day will crap on him for quitting the team, not wanting to compete, questioning his heart, etc. even though it ended up working out pretty darn well in the end.

Rather than race being the issue, I think it is much more a generational thing and people think Millenials/Generation Z are soft and always crying for attention through social media. They aren't necessarily incorrect in that either, and I'll be honest when I read Tyjon's tweet I figured that's what it was, but didn't comment on it because I didn't know the whole story. I'm glad I held off, because my initial assumption was completely wrong.

I think much more than a racial issue, it is an issue of jumping to conclusions without knowing the whole story. That tendency extends into many issues in our society such as race relations, police/public relations, politics, etc., so it's not surprising to me.
I'm simply sick of the mindset that just because a kid is not from here, that they don't have the will to do what it takes. It's stupid, and the idiots that say that crap apparently don't remember all of the kids we had in the past giving all they had for their team. Sorry, but it seems like no matter what those kids do, it will never be good enough for the Busch Light guzzling "good old days" crowd.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well they did in fact take plenty of shots about a white kid's effort from just 2 hours north of Norfolk who is going to be on the active roster in the Super Bowl......Just sayin....
In the classroom, and that was an actual fact. "Just sayin"

One does need to drink a lot of fluids to help prevent it to keep the protein and metabolic bi-products from concentrating and forming somewhat of a semi-solid, so to speak. In other words, keep them diluted, which would allow the urine to be more free flowing in that case. The heavy workout concentrated the proteins that broke down from the muscles and the lack of fluids allowed them to stay concentrated and, obviously, not diluted and flowing out in the urine.
There can also be multiple contributing or causative factors including everything from influenza virus, alcohol consumption, drug use to genetic predisposition. There are varying degrees of the condition and I would guess that lots of people have had it but just thought they were unusally stiff and sore because they were so out of shape. Muscle breakdown with a strenuous workout is normal to a degree. Personally I have always been concerned about some of the creatine and protein supplements "health" stores sell. I don't think they do any good and are potentially harmful to your kidneys. IF you feel you need more protein eat a cheeseburger and drink a glass of milk for heaven's sake.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I'm simply sick of the mindset that just because a kid is not from here, that they don't have the will to do what it takes. It's stupid, and the idiots that say that crap apparently don't remember all of the kids we had in the past giving all they had for their team. Sorry, but it seems like no matter what those kids do, it will never be good enough for the Busch Light guzzling "good old days" crowd.
That mindset rarely exists anywhere. The only people talking this way is YOU.
Jason Peter says something and you are triggered to apeshit mode as usual.
It doesnt mean that many people think it.
You re really, really good at reading everyones mind I guess. Not really, but you are a Hypocrite.
Take the damn tinfoil hat off already and grow up.

That mindset rarely exists anywhere. The only people talking this way is YOU.
Jason Peter says something and you are triggered to apeshit mode as usual.
It doesnt mean that many people think it.
You re really, really good at reading everyones mind I guess. Not really, but you are a Hypocrite.
Take the damn tinfoil hat off already and grow up.

Weird that someone pulled “racism” out of this thread, which contains tons of well wishes for TL and tons of arguing about social media.

Guess you can find anything anywhere if you just look hard enough.

Weird that someone pulled “racism” out of this thread, which contains tons of well wishes for TL and tons of arguing about social media.

Guess you can find anything anywhere if you just look hard enough.
I know. This thread went south fast.

There can also be multiple contributing or causative factors including everything from influenza virus, alcohol consumption, drug use to genetic predisposition. There are varying degrees of the condition and I would guess that lots of people have had it but just thought they were unusally stiff and sore because they were so out of shape. Muscle breakdown with a strenuous workout is normal to a degree. Personally I have always been concerned about some of the creatine and protein supplements "health" stores sell. I don't think they do any good and are potentially harmful to your kidneys. IF you feel you need more protein eat a cheeseburger and drink a glass of milk for heaven's sake.

Yes, back in the 80's or maybe it was the 70's, weight loss and body building workout theories were perpetrated for a while that encouraged and sold drinks and solutions that were a mixture of concentrated amino acids as "building blocks for protein and muscle" if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, I think there were people who actually lost kidney function over it and some people died because of it. The proteins would be readily absorbed and then precipitated out in the kidneys. One of those "sounds like a good idea" theories that didn't work out.

Yes, back in the 80's or maybe it was the 70's, weight loss and body building workout theories were perpetrated for a while that encouraged and sold drinks and solutions that were a mixture of concentrated amino acids as "building blocks for protein and muscle" if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, I think there were people who actually lost kidney function over it and some people died because of it. The proteins would be readily absorbed and then precipitated out in the kidneys. One of those "sounds like a good idea" theories that didn't work out.
Unfortunately I still see giant jugs of "protein supplements" on the kitchen counters of high schoolers and I am VERY sure they're still being used by college kids too. Unfortunately the FDA doesn't regulate them like they should. It's a travesty and people unwittingly will buy the stuff based on testimonials from paid hucksters.

Reactions: jlb321
You are the only one of that mindset. I have never seen anyone question a kids effort because of his race. Its no wonder you are always starting arguments because you make up your own mindset on things that aren't even there.

You are the only one of that mindset. I have never seen anyone question a kids effort because of his race. Its no wonder you are always starting arguments because you make up your own mindset on things that aren't even there.
I see people question kids from certain states all the time. That has happened many times here.

I see people question kids from certain states all the time. That has happened many times here.
im sure it has everything to do with the state they come from and their race.... you are racist just admit it. Trying to say because someone questions the efforts or will is soley based on race is in of itself racist. Seems you are racist against white people.

No one took more heat in the short time they were here than Santino Panico

we are clearly racist against Italians ..... and people from Illinois

also probably anyone with the initials SP --- Steve Pederson never had a chance

No one took more heat in the short time they were here than Santino Panico

we are clearly racist against Italians ..... and people from Illinois

also probably anyone with the initials SP --- Steve Pederson never had a chance

Not sure that is what he is talking about. Panico just wasn't a very good football player and was put in a position to fail, that is why he took heat.

My opinion is that Nebraska fans tend to root for the home town guy and believe that somehow that the home town guy has more heart simply because he is from Nebraska. Nebraska fan will also give that home town guy the benefit of the doubt far more often than they will the out of state guy.

If Adam Taylor was a running back from Fremont, there would way fewer complaints about how he was a bust and ate up a scholarship for 5 years. I don't think it is necessarily racism though. It is simply a byproduct of the demographics of the average Nebraska town outside of Lincoln and Omaha.

Not sure that is what he is talking about. Panico just wasn't a very good football player and was put in a position to fail, that is why he took heat.

My opinion is that Nebraska fans tend to root for the home town guy and believe that somehow that the home town guy has more heart simply because he is from Nebraska. Nebraska fan will also give that home town guy the benefit of the doubt far more often than they will the out of state guy.

If Adam Taylor was a running back from Fremont, there would way fewer complaints about how he was a bust and ate up a scholarship for 5 years. I don't think it is necessarily racism though. It is simply a byproduct of the demographics of the average Nebraska town outside of Lincoln and Omaha.
Of course we give special treatment to the local kid. Whether he's black,white, or yellow. There isn't any human being in the world that doesn't have a special place for their home town hero in their heart. That has NOTHING to do with racism.

I completely disagree

on an unrelated topic if Wyatt Mazour isn't our feature back next year then this staff has no eye for talent

May be slightly true

However Off the top of my head:
Matt OHanlon
Sean Fischer
Dylan Utter
Niles Paul
Judd Davies
Eric Crouch and the Cottons- say hello

im sure it has everything to do with the state they come from and their race.... you are racist just admit it. Trying to say because someone questions the efforts or will is soley based on race is in of itself racist. Seems you are racist against white people.
Yup. That's me. I admit it.

#TRIGGERED

Crutch.jpg

Of course we give special treatment to the local kid. Whether he's black,white, or yellow. There isn't any human being in the world that doesn't have a special place for their home town hero in their heart. That has NOTHING to do with racism.
I guess once they get here, I consider them all Huskers, and members of the team. No more, no less. Except the racist part, cause I am racist.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Taylor had some rather terrible injuries early on and never had a chance to develop fully. I haven't seen a lot of bust talk concerning him. Maybe would have been better for him to move on but he didn't, for what ever reason.

Taylor had some rather terrible injuries early on and never had a chance to develop fully. I haven't seen a lot of bust talk concerning him. Maybe would have been better for him to move on but he didn't, for what ever reason.

He missed his Senior year of HS with a pretty horrific knee injury. Everyone but NU backed off- and just like we did with Darlington- honored our committment. The guys in white hats- which Im 100 percent COOL with- but for 4 years- not 5

It's like the people on the TV show American Pickers. Mike finds an item- the seller says I'll take $100 for it. Mike says NO, that item is worth more- that isnt fair, I'll give you $200 for it, Then the buyer comes back and says- how about $250? After the seller had agreed to sell the very same item for $100 but the honest and compassionate buyer offers to buy it for a HIGHER- not lower amount- True story. I dont get the greed and lack of appreciation from some people.

NU gets far too little credit for not being the sharks other programs are when it comes to roster paring- Dwayne Johnson says hello- 3 straight years without making the 105

Last edited:
He missed his Senior year of HS with a pretty horrific knee injury. Everyone but NU backed off- and just like we did with Darlington- honored our committment. The guys in white hats- which Im 100 percent COOL with- but for 4 years- not 5

It's like the people on the TV show American Pickers. Mike finds an item- the seller says I'll take $100 for it. Mike says NO, that item is worth more- that isnt fair, I'll give you $200 for it, Then the buyer comes back and says- how about $250? After the seller had agreed to sell the very same item for $100- True story. I dont get the greed and lack of appreciation from some people.

NU gets far too little credit for not being the sharks other programs are when it comes to roster paring- Dwayne Johnson says hello- 3 straight years without making the 105

Adam missed his junior year, he still had an offer from LSU, when he committed to Nebraska. His senior year he rushed for 2700 yards and had like 280 and 5 TDs in the state title game his senior year.

As for getting too little credit for not being sharks, meh. You can get credit for that when you are winning titles, until then, I look at it as a weakness.

I stand corrected- Taylor had injury in Jr year then had surgery after his senior year- cant remember if it was knee or athletic hernia. That from someone connected to Taylors HS, that went to all the games- knew the kid- not me. But a number of his offers backed off late. Never panned out- cool for a 4 year scholarship- NOT 5

cool for a 4 year scholarship- NOT 5
With the academic support and possibility of summer classes, there is no excuse not to complete a degree in four years. But I don't know the particulars of how the honoring of the scholarships works wrt the B1G. Is it the case that as long as the player is in good academic standing that his support be honored as long as he has years to play (or not play/only play special teams)?

#yup. #youareright

The award for most posts in a thread goes to this guy ^^^^
I stand corrected- Taylor had injury in Jr year then had surgery after his senior year- cant remember if it was knee or athletic hernia. That from someone connected to Taylors HS, that went to all the games- knew the kid- not me. But a number of his offers backed off late. Never panned out- cool for a 4 year scholarship- NOT 5

Not cool at all, go on medical hardship and free up the scholarship for someone on the roster.

Reactions: davecisar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT