ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey health..

I get why people say don't talk to recruits but I don't see the problem with reading twitter. I mean they actively ask for the follows and put stuff out in the open and the info is coming straight from the horses mouth.

People who think twitter users are borderline on line predators are also the ones telling you to sit down on game days.
I follow recruits on twitter, just so I can see what they are saying about visits and teams, but I will never tweet at them or anything like that. I feel its a good source of info and getting a feel for which way a recruit might be leaning.

Christ you can tell some of you guys are truly “old men”. Twitter is a thing now, almost everyone has a twitter account. No offense but if you don’t it’s probably because your an old man or truly old school, one or the other. This twitter bashing thing gets old. There is nothing wrong with some one having twitter and keeping up with today’s tends. I do agree there’s a line between being a creeper and a Husker fan that chats with his friends and has Husker info show up on his account. It’s really no different then this message board. Now if guys are directly following, stalking and crap like that to our recruits, I agree knock it off. But if you simply Read Husker info that comes acrossed your feed, there’s not one thing wrong with that. Not even in the slightest bit.
I don't have a Twitter account. Probably because I don't have a smart phone that includes the cost of a data plan. i don't buy $5 gourmet coffee. I eat in restaurants like once a month, if that. I drive a 14-year-old car and nurse a 25-year-old Harley. I am in my late 50s. I would no more bash someone for being on Twitter, than I would expect someone to bash me for the way I live or my age. Society works better when people are tolerant.

I don't have a Twitter account. Probably because I don't have a smart phone that includes the cost of a data plan. i don't buy $5 gourmet coffee. I eat in restaurants like once a month, if that. I drive a 14-year-old car and nurse a 25-year-old Harley. I am in my late 50s. I would no more bash someone for being on Twitter, than I would expect someone to bash me for the way I live or my age. Society works better when people are tolerant.
I had a twitter account before phones got smart.

Most weren’t being “tolerant” when they were called creepy for having Twitter.

Should also say I agree with you.

Last edited:
Very evolved thinking, in an old school, "golden rule" type of way.

Hey..........up that Harley Buddy. :)

Oh yeah, well screw you buddy.

(/s)

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
I thought Twitter was the dumbest thing ever invented, however if you follow the right people or organizations you can get a steady stream of information or news that is important to you.

I love it to keep up on news, sports or otherwise. I stay off the Twitter feed of recruits and players, because I find that immature and a waste of time.

This may have some legs
And why NU is still on more WRs at this late date
Im uping my class size prediction from 23-24 to 25
NU is at 19 now and seems to still be closing hard on multiple kids at a variety of positions while still making some late hard runs for kids NU offered early and had thought to have cooled on
These guys are showing up 2-3, 6 at a time in some cases
WOuldnt be surprised if NU took 1 LB- even 2
then:
1 S
1 RB
1 WR
1 CB
1 OL

Which would put us at 25

This may have some legs
And why NU is still on more WRs at this late date
Im uping my class size prediction from 23-24 to 25
NU is at 19 now and seems to still be closing hard on multiple kids at a variety of positions while still making some late hard runs for kids NU offered early and had thought to have cooled on
These guys are showing up 2-3, 6 at a time in some cases
WOuldnt be surprised if NU took 1 LB- even 2
then:
1 S
1 RB
1 WR
1 CB
1 OL

Which would put us at 25
tyjon probably has a cold.
i hope its nothing worse
he has always spent his life and all his drama on twitter
social media makes our kids attention whores

Reactions: davecisar
Visiting about recruits on a message board.

Reading what recruits are saying directly on twitter.

Commenting or messaging to recruits on twitter.

3 different things that get exponentially creepier as the list goes on.
It isn't like people are peeping through recruits windows at night. It is twitter, what you mentioned are basically the sole purpose of what twitter was created for. These recruits join and a literally begging for people and fans to follow them. If they didn't want the attention they can easily not be on it. As long as fans are respectful there is no problem with it.

Reactions: FeelingFrosty

Just be yourself. Pushing tolerance is a good thing. :)

He was hospitalized. Liver issue related to over training/muscle breakdown. Somewhat serious. One other player was hospitalized as well.
rhabdomyolysis is the diagnosis I believe

I believe this was the same issue (rhabdo) that landed those Iowa players in the hospital and on dialysis. Hope this is an isolated incident

Reactions: HuskerLLM
He was hospitalized. Liver issue related to over training/muscle breakdown. Somewhat serious. One other player was hospitalized as well.

Thankfully It's not this...
Uromysitisis poisoning – (related terms: urinator) 1. a very serious urinating condition one has no control over 2. especially while in parking garages 3. Doctors recommend that one just relieve themselves or death is a possibility 4) quote: “Do you think I enjoy living like this?…the shame, the humiliation…You know I have been issued a public urination pass by the city because of my condition.”

tyjon probably has a cold.
i hope its nothing worse
he has always spent his life and all his drama on twitter
social media makes our kids attention whores
I remember a kid knocking a Wisconsin defender on his ass way down the field springing Morgan for a TD. You asswipes that crap on these kids need to get over yourselves.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Thankfully It's not this...
Uromysitisis poisoning – (related terms: urinator) 1. a very serious urinating condition one has no control over 2. especially while in parking garages 3. Doctors recommend that one just relieve themselves or death is a possibility 4) quote: “Do you think I enjoy living like this?…the shame, the humiliation…You know I have been issued a public urination pass by the city because of my condition.”
I have that. Couldn't find my car in time and my damn goldfish died as well!

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I remember a kid knocking a Wisconsin defender on his ass way down the field springing Morgan for a TD. You asswipes that crap on these kids need to get over yourselves.
Some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet turn into real nasty people when they get behind their keyboards in the privacy of their homes.

Ex-Iowa Player Sues over Rhabdo Effects

Part of the article:

It became a major story at the time, sparking a university investigation that concluded a squat-lifting workout caused the condition but that Iowa's strength and conditioning staff didn't intend to punish players with the regimen, which had been conducted before without medical problems. The school found no wrongdoing among trainers, coaches or players and recommended that the football strength and conditioning staff abandon the workout, which it has.
The lawsuit part:

Lowe alleges in his lawsuit that he and others reported "substantial leg pain and stiffness as well as abnormally dark urine" after that workout and fatigue that was atypical. Despite such reports, Lowe says he and the others were required to participate in a mandatory intensive workout the next day focusing on their upper-body muscles.

After taking the weekend off, players had another mandatory workout Jan. 24. Within hours, Lowe and others started showing up at the hospital and were diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis.

Lowe says he was released from the hospital Feb. 2, but he still suffered from weight loss, pain in his lower back and legs, headaches and high blood pressure over the next several months. The 24-year-old says he suffered mental and physical pain and anguish that has required ongoing expenses for medical care, therapy, drugs and other treatment.

"The injuries and damages sustained by Plaintiff William Lowe ... arose from the same general types of danger that Defendant should have avoided through safe and proper athletic training and supervision," Lowe's lawsuit reads.
Doesn't sound good no matter how you spin it, especially if it can affect the person long-term. Hope Lindsay and the other player fully recover.

Rhabdo sounds right. It is most common in Crossfit type workouts.
I've had Rhabdo. Got it the day of the NU vs Indiana game last year. I had to stay in the hospital for a week and took about another month to really get my legs right. Mine was extrem and they were basically giving me morphine shots constantly. If he truly has Rhabdo, he's in the hospital then.

I think in rhabdomyolysis, the kidneys are involved as they attempt to filter out the broken down muscle proteins, which precipitate in the microscopic nephrons (blood filters) and can seriously damage the kidneys.

Yes, this can, obviously, be very serious and Duval and the trainers must, obviously, be very careful.

Reactions: spinner4
I think in rhabdomyolysis, the kidneys are involved as they attempt to filter out the broken down muscle proteins, which precipitate in the microscopic nephrons (blood filters) and can seriously damage the kidneys.

Yes, this can, obviously, be very serious and Duval and the trainers must, obviously, be very careful.

By the way, I believe in some cases, it can be serious enough to lead to kidney failure.

Sooo...basically, Tyjon is pushing himself hard. The strength and conditioning staff is pushing hard. Don't judge the kids heart or want-to...and yes, the staff needs to be cautious, as well.

Sooo...basically, Tyjon is pushing himself hard. The strength and conditioning staff is pushing hard. Don't judge the kids heart or want-to...and yes, the staff needs to be cautious, as well.
But he's soft because the last staff recruited him, and he was highly rated. Didn't you get the memo? It's how the borderline racist rednecks operate around these parts.

So many things can cause Rhabdo. Unfortunately I know a lot about it having had it. With me, it wasn’t all caused by a hard work or “pushing myself” too hard. Mine was caused more due to what I did after my workout and you’d be surprise that’s in a lot of cases. Not hydrating after a heavy workout could be the cause of Rhabdo just as much (if not more) then “being pushed or pushing yourself too much”.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
I believe it can, also, be a rare side effect in some patients of statin drugs used to lower blood cholesterol. That can be pretty painful. I know my brother had a lot of pain on statins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT