ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey health..

May explain why we are still offering receivers for this class. Strangely enough, the recruit we offered today is from the same high school as Tyjon:

Last edited:
Hopefully he's ok. I have a feeling this is gunna be his ticket home.

Maybe he is just "going through" winter conditioning.

Honestly, that could be it. His tweet is phrased oddly. He never says "I'm sick" just "I've been going through something I've never experienced ever". His tweet could be more tongue in cheek than an actual medical issue.

*If* however it is an actual health issue, my best thoughts are with him and wish him a speedy recovery.

I expected everyone to assume it was about winter conditioning. That's what I did anyways. Prayers TL

Reactions: jpsm03
Do I have any Idea? Yes, my idea would be to stay off these kids' Twitter accounts. I'm not kidding. It's creepy.
I am not following any of these kids, but occasionally their stuff pops up in my feed. The term "social media" applies. They are free to put up whatever they want and people are free to follow them. So Tyjon has an illness. Certainly hope it's not life threatening.

Do I have any Idea? Yes, my idea would be to stay off these kids' Twitter accounts. I'm not kidding. It's creepy.

Says the anonymous guy on a message board designed to talk about these same kids. Like somehow talking crap about where 18-22 year olds will go to school or how much they lift or perform on a football field is somehow above reading a twitter post from that same kid. Ha ha ha

Reading and discussing a twitter post is one thing, responding to that stranger via twitter is quite a bit different.

Says the anonymous guy on a message board designed to talk about these same kids. Like somehow talking crap about where 18-22 year olds will go to school or how much they lift or perform on a football field is somehow above reading a twitter post from that same kid. Ha ha ha

Reading and discussing a twitter post is one thing, responding to that stranger via twitter is quite a bit different.

Yup

I hope the kid is ok.

I would guess that 90 percent of us (me included) don't have twitter accounts and only catch wind of these things via a message board. I know there is a fine line between fan and creepy. I think the majority of people mean well.
Why do you think 90% of people on here don’t have twitter accounts?

Reactions: huskerssalts

Taking the time to check off each current player to each recruit that is either committed or uncommitted, so their posts show in your 'feed,' vs coming here to get the news every couple days is quite a bit different if you ask me. But I'm more patient to wait for the news vs following kids that closely I guess. It's even sorta creepy that I come here that often to be honest.

Yes I discuss football here but I don't hang out in kids' Twitter space. Sorry you can't see the difference.

For those that don't like the social media stuff why don't you sign up for the Husker Online newsletter...it comes out once a week and is mailed to you.

Yes I discuss football here but I don't hang out in kids' Twitter space. Sorry you can't see the difference.

Based on your comments, you don’t understand how social media works. That’s ok. Again if I want to read what a kid is sharing is not any more creepy than you hiding behind a screen name on here talking about the performance of a 16-22 year old. If the player didn’t want to have the info out there to be read, put the shit on lock down.

As long as I am not sending him DMs like we are boys or posting on his time line, I am simply consuming accessible information. No different than you reading what Clouse or Callahan post. A lot of what they post comes from those dudes reading and following twitter.

Just part of the new Information Age, hopefully tyjon health issue isn't serious myself my prayers are with him hoping for a speedy recovery. Let's get back to the op and all huskers fans support a young man in a his time of trouble

Sounds good. You be you and I’ll be me.

Christ you can tell some of you guys are truly “old men”. Twitter is a thing now, almost everyone has a twitter account. No offense but if you don’t it’s probably because your an old man or truly old school, one or the other. This twitter bashing thing gets old. There is nothing wrong with some one having twitter and keeping up with today’s tends. I do agree there’s a line between being a creeper and a Husker fan that chats with his friends and has Husker info show up on his account. It’s really no different then this message board. Now if guys are directly following, stalking and crap like that to our recruits, I agree knock it off. But if you simply Read Husker info that comes acrossed your feed, there’s not one thing wrong with that. Not even in the slightest bit.

What if you get "sick" and want to leave school to "recover", but then you feel a lot better?

Visiting about recruits on a message board.

Reading what recruits are saying directly on twitter.

Commenting or messaging to recruits on twitter.

3 different things that get exponentially creepier as the list goes on.

Reactions: davecisar
I get why people say don't talk to recruits but I don't see the problem with reading twitter. I mean they actively ask for the follows and put stuff out in the open and the info is coming straight from the horses mouth.

People who think twitter users are borderline on line predators are also the ones telling you to sit down on game days.

He'll be fine. This team will be light years ahead of where they were last fall when next season drops.

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
ADVERTISEMENT