Turner Gill > Tommie Frazier : Prove me Wrong

Redblood23 said:

Frasier
Tommy

I give up.

t9WESa8.gif
Voice to text. My apologies.

Reactions: TFrazier
In the immortal words of the computer on the 80's classic movie.......

Shall we play a game?

This is akin to a computer playing tic tac toe against itself, there is no winner. No one can prove Frazier wins titles with the teams Gill played on and no one can say that Gill, or anyone else for that matter, wins titles with the teams Frazier played on.

Reactions: mgbreis and kidofSN
National championship Nebraska QB records as starters:
  1. Jerry Tagge 32-1-1*
  2. Tommie Frazier 33-3**
  3. Scott Frost 24-2***
*Tagge did not start the 1969 opening-game loss to USC or the second game against Texas A&M. His only loss in three years was the 1969 conference opener to Missouri, his second start as a Cornhusker.

**Frazier did not start the first five games of the 1992 season, but then started every game the rest of '92 and all of '93. He started the first four games and the final one of 1994 and every game in 1995.

***Frost generally avoided injuries at Nebraska, unlike Frazier and Gill, who missed two games at the end of 1981, including the Orange Bowl.
Tagge did start the Missouri game in 69 but Brownson started the rest of the games starting with Colorado after that during year.. And Brownson started some games during the 1970 season till he had a injury when Tagge took over from there..

Both Tagge and Brownson had injuries during their carrier’s when the other took the reins for the other..

So I think your record with Tagge is in correct..

Reactions: 9and4
Tagge did start the Missouri game in 69 but Brownson started the rest of the games starting with Colorado after that during year.. And Brownson started some games during the 1970 season till he had a injury when Tagge took over from there..

Both Tagge and Brownson had injuries during their carrier’s when the other took the reins for the other..

So I think your record with Tagge is in correct..
Thanks.

Reactions: scarletred
Gill emulated Osborne. Nothing wrong with it but it took TF's cockiness to stop Colorado's emergence in this conference and the national landscape. I don't think Gill is telling Shields to stfu in the huddle as a freshman while taking complete control of the offense. In Osborne's offensive philosophy I have to go with the tougher and better runner. Then you have the titles, the MVPs and should have been Heisman.

I would have loved to have seen Frazier run read option.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT