ADVERTISEMENT

Tua

The hit he took Sunday was a hit every QB takes in the NFL, and he got concussed, or had some neck/vertebrae problems.

He came back and played the entire 2nd half.

Now he gets hit like any other QB in the NFL and clutches up. Doesn't look good. I think we all want him to be absolutely 100% fine.

Tua wanted to play. First and foremost. His livelihood and his contract depend upon it. If guys sat every time a doctor said they couldn't play in the NFL, we'd have 7 on 7 games. And maybe that is the end goal I guess.

Reactions: FissionReaction
Posturing from brainstem and cortical damage. Probably a bit of second impact syndrome going on. They keep talking about him having feeling in his extremities like he’s out of the woods. That is the least of his concerns right now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-impact_syndrome
I've seen that happen in person twice. Both times the guy slammed the back if his head against the turf.

First time freaked me out. Happened right at my feet, kid was out cold with his eyes open and his fingers all locked out.

The hit he took Sunday was a hit every QB takes in the NFL, and he got concussed, or had some neck/vertebrae problems.

Now he gets hit like any other QB in the NFL and clutches up. Doesn't look good. I think we all want him to be absolutely 100% fine.

Tua wanted to play. First and foremost. His livelihood and his contract depend upon it. If guys sat every time a doctor said they couldn't play in the NFL, we'd have 7 on 7 games. And maybe that is the end goal I guess.
Ummm no. All players play with some degree of injuries. This is a different animal

This is precisely why the NFL has protocols in place to prevent players and coaches from making these kinds of decisions. They need to be enforced better. If it was up to the players, they’d go out there with their intestines trailing behind them and say it was a flesh wound.

Two concussions in 5 days can kill you. This was horrific.

Five days ago, dude hit his head on the ground in what appeared to be a minor collision and came up doing the stanky leg. They somehow let him play the second half after something that anyone watching knew was a concussion. This last one looked like a nastier hit, and he was throwing up gang signs. That is brain trauma right there. Dude will be out minimum half the season now is my guess. Miami should have known better. They just didn't care.
Fd3c5reWIAEi_Ph.jpg:large

Five days ago, dude hit his head on the ground in what appeared to be a minor collision and came up doing the stanky leg. They somehow let him play the second half after something that anyone watching knew was a concussion. This last one looked like a nastier hit, and he was throwing up gang signs. That is brain trauma right there. Dude will be out minimum half the season now is my guess. Miami should have known better. They just didn't care.
Fd3c5reWIAEi_Ph.jpg:large
I was wondering how soon they will have him come back. Since he was discharged all of his vitals and image studies must have been unremarkable. I’d have to imagine there will be lingering effects from this for a long time. If this happened to a nobody high school kid you would tell them their career is over but I bet the NFL will be trying to get him cleared in a month or two. Hopefully Tua has some counsel from people looking out for his best interests.

Reactions: FissionReaction
I didnt mean the hit was bad. I meant the NFL needs to bring the hammer on the dolphins organization for playing him.
I was just making a random comment that I thought the hits looked pretty normal. We see similar all the time. Obviously not the case for Tua.

I was just making a random comment that I thought the hits looked pretty normal. We see similar all the time. Obviously not the case for Tua.
A lot of times it's the hits that don't "look" bad that end up being the worst. 2 nascar drivers that were in the playoff are currently sidelined from concussions from wrecks that looked really tame... just like how Dale Sr.'s wreck didn't look bad at all and killed him

the latest hit looked horrible, the dude was swung like a rag doll. Just because a helmet didnt hit him, doesnt mean it wasnt a bad hit, you need to consider the force required to slam him into the ground like that. He crumpled like he fell off a 15ft ladder. scary shit

The NFL - "we care so much about everybody"

"Now go out an play through brain damage you degenerate!"

Praying for Tua. Health is more important than football. If anyone disagrees with that, they need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Spinal/head trauma can make sure fingers/hands club like that. Scary stuff.
The doctor that evaluated him after the bills game has been fired. They claim he made several mistakes in his evaluation. My money says he was influenced to be lenient on the diagnosis.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The doctor that evaluated him after the bills game has been fired. They claim he made several mistakes in his evaluation. My money says he was influenced to be lenient on the diagnosis.

Lawsuit coming from the NFLPA soon.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT