ADVERTISEMENT

Trev to Texas A&M?

He’s such a football AD, call it what it is. He knows he can’t win at Neb the way he can elsewhere. Can’t blame him. Dude loves football and knows Neb is never getting back to how he knew it and probably won’t ever compete for confidence titles let alone NC.
it is not easier winning at aTm than N. he has texas to deal with now and oklahoma, although i think sooner glory days are on the wane.

N has four new west coast teams who have to show they can compete over here plus the likes of iowa, minnesota and wisconsin locally. seems to me as an objective observer that N is better positioned in football than aTm which has never really excelled on the grid and has to deal with the whorns, boomer, lsu, bama, uga, and the rest.

I'll go back to Trev came from UNO. Not some large Power 5 with a lot of experience. When he came, half of the fan base was pissed because of his time at UNO and half of the fan base loved him, not because of his AD traits, but because he was a Husker great. He did good things at NU, but its not like he is irreplaceable. There are plenty of people that can do his job and can probably do it better. We shouldn't act like the sky is falling. Get a good AD that the coaches like and go from there. There are plenty of good AD's that will come to Nebraska, especially because their pay is going to be a big step up.
Agreed, But let’s get this President hired so we can move on..
Shouldn’t be taking 7 months to figure out who the next university President is..

He’s such a football AD, call it what it is. He knows he can’t win at Neb the way he can elsewhere. Can’t blame him. Dude loves football and knows Neb is never getting back to how he knew it and probably won’t ever compete for confidence titles let alone NC.
goat-goats.gif

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
You're splitting hairs to try and make the point that a blue blood with tons of resources is unable to land a top coach.

"I'm not going to take that historic job because winning might not be a total cakewalk from day 1" is how 0 elite coaches think.

Whether or not you agree, there is no reason Nebraska shouldn't be aiming to get the best and pay them accordingly.
I actually do agree that we should be aiming to get the best and pay them accordingly. Where did I suggest otherwise?

I actually do agree that we should be aiming to get the best and pay them accordingly. Where did I suggest otherwise?
my mistake, you didn't. mistook another users post for your own due to the avatar color being similar.

Reactions: timnsun
my mistake, you didn't. mistook another users post for your own due to the avatar color being similar.
Everybody agrees we should be going after the top coaches. My contention was 6 years of garbage doesn’t put you in the running for top 5 coaches nationally. If you can name even one situation where a team was bowl-less for 6-7 years and they hired, at the time, a top 5 coach I will be quiet and say you were right.

You cited UM and NS as exceptions to that rule. You were shown evidence they are in no way comparable to our situation, yet somehow tried to defend your logic.

Rhule is a great coach for our situation - we need culture built, we need work ethic instilled and we need a coach who walks the walk. This will be a big year for him and I’m anxious to see the Huskers in action!

Hiring Callahan and Mike Riley were utter failures when we could and should have been swinging much higher than we did. In these situations I would 100% agree with you that we did not pay up to get the best as O State and Alabama did. Had different decisions been made during that time it would have drastically changed the outlook of our program.

it is not easier winning at aTm than N. he has texas to deal with now and oklahoma, although i think sooner glory days are on the wane.

N has four new west coast teams who have to show they can compete over here plus the likes of iowa, minnesota and wisconsin locally. seems to me as an objective observer that N is better positioned in football than aTm which has never really excelled on the grid and has to deal with the whorns, boomer, lsu, bama, uga, and the rest.

A&M has direct access to better recruiting. And the Aggie fans are almost as passionate.

Everybody agrees we should be going after the top coaches. My contention was 6 years of garbage doesn’t put you in the running for top 5 coaches nationally. If you can name even one situation where a team was bowl-less for 6-7 years and they hired, at the time, a top 5 coach I will be quiet and say you were right.

You cited UM and NS as exceptions to that rule. You were shown evidence they are in no way comparable to our situation, yet somehow tried to defend your logic.

Rhule is a great coach for our situation - we need culture built, we need work ethic instilled and we need a coach who walks the walk. This will be a big year for him and I’m anxious to see the Huskers in action!

Hiring Callahan and Mike Riley were utter failures when we could and should have been swinging much higher than we did. In these situations I would 100% agree with you that we did not pay up to get the best as O State and Alabama did. Had different decisions been made during that time it would have drastically changed the outlook of our program.
bad is bad.

I'm not interested in splitting the hairs between 5-7 vs 6-6, and I'm not sure confident, incoming coaches are either

the irony being, we just lost our AD on account of terrible administration, yet you're arguing no amount of administrative competence could've improved Nebraska football fortunes.

Rhule will never win the Big 10 at Nebraska. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. Hopefully he delivers us some fun wins, and hopefully I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, I never am. My posts in this thread will age like fine wine, and many will be pissy when I bring that up.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
bad is bad.

I'm not interested in splitting the hairs between 5-7 vs 6-6, and I'm not sure confident, incoming coaches are either

the irony being, we just lost our AD on account of terrible administration, yet you're arguing no amount of administrative competence could've improved Nebraska football fortunes.

Rhule will never win the Big 10 at Nebraska. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. Hopefully he delivers us some fun wins, and hopefully I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, I never am. My posts in this thread will age like fine wine, and many will be pissy when I bring that up.
I’m gonna lie to myself too… I may be disappointed, but no reason to start the season disappointed. That’s gotta suck.

Never wrong… Are you King Kong’s alter ego?

A little beside the point here, but if NU is gonna make a run at anything good in the next couples years, they need to ditch some of the Offensive coaching personnel. even though Rhule won't of course.

I personally think Raiola is a very good OL coach, and he has a chance to prove it this year with a mostly veteran group of players.

I'm not at all a fan of the RB coach. I'll cut the young WR coach some slack because he's young, but NU needs to play some big boy football for a change.

No doubt Satterfield didn't have much to work with at QB, but the best looking QB of the three was Bubba and he lingered in 3rd position as he seems prone to injury.

NU just can't hand the job to Raiola either. He needs to earn it, and I hope he does cause NU is going nowhere with HH.

I must be bored as shit, its Saturday night at 12:15 and I just did my taxes too.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’m gonna lie to myself too… I may be disappointed, but no reason to start the season disappointed. That’s gotta suck.

Never wrong… Are you King Kong’s alter ego?
I've learned that being honest mitigates the disappointment and can divorce yourself from a lot of the uncomfortable feelings. I still enjoy watching great football and that brings me joy, even if my favorite team does not.

Kong and I get compared because we have similar convictions. We've disagreed plenty of times but share a mutual respect for the truth.

bad is bad.

The post you replied to literally said our admin had a huge blunder in hiring Callahan and Riley and not swinging for the fences and cost our program massively down the way.

“…hopefully I’m wrong. Unfortunately I never am”. You were straight up wrong about a top 5 coach coming to our dumpster fire.

If we can get a decent AD and Rhule sticks around he will build something we can be proud of as husker fans. Which will include competing for championships and playoff appearances.

I've learned that being honest mitigates the disappointment and can divorce yourself from a lot of the uncomfortable feelings. I still enjoy watching great football and that brings me joy, even if my favorite team does not.

Kong and I get compared because we have similar convictions. We've disagreed plenty of times but share a mutual respect for the truth.
Twinning Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF by Laff

Last edited:
A&M has direct access to better recruiting. And the Aggie fans are almost as passionate.
i see it as a lateral move at best. N is the only game in town. aTm has to deal with texas and all the other p4 schools in that state. N has a far better tradition. thus, as an outsider i can see why many here believe there's something else at play with trev's move.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivan brunetti
bad is bad.

I love it when people say… “I’m never wrong.” 🤣 Your lack of self awareness stunning.

bad is bad.

What’s funny is that I read this post before seeing who posted it. I knew it was you. Scrolled up and sure enough.

You’re so negative on here man. I would pay money to get a glimpse of who you are and what you are like in real life. I can’t imagine anything other than absolutely miserable.

The post you replied to literally said our admin had a huge blunder in hiring Callahan and Riley and not swinging for the fences and cost our program massively down the way.

“…hopefully I’m wrong. Unfortunately I never am”. You were straight up wrong about a top 5 coach coming to our dumpster fire.

If we can get a decent AD and Rhule sticks around he will build something we can be proud of as husker fans. Which will include competing for championships and playoff appearances.
This post of yours will age poorly. Mine will not.

What’s funny is that I read this post before seeing who posted it. I knew it was you. Scrolled up and sure enough.

You’re so negative on here man. I would pay money to get a glimpse of who you are and what you are like in real life. I can’t imagine anything other than absolutely miserable.
There's a difference between being negative and being realistic.

I love life, it's a beautiful thing. Each day is a gift full of avenues to pursue happiness. I would have a great time hanging out with most of you, I'm sure.

i see it as a lateral move at best. N is the only game in town. aTm has to deal with texas and all the other p4 schools in that state. N has a far better tradition. thus, as an outsider i can see why many here believe there's something else at play with trev's move.
I don't often agree with you. But, I think you are right on this one.

Reactions: AVeritas

I love life, it's a beautiful thing. Each day is a gift full of avenues to pursue happiness. I would have a great time hanging out with most of you, I'm sure.
You must have an extremely poor perception of Matt Rhule if you don’t think he can get us to a top 12 team in the country.

You must have an extremely poor perception of Matt Rhule if you don’t think he can get us to a top 12 team in the country.
I have a realistic perception that will change provided new evidence to the contrary.

He was unable to win what was a pretty weak conference in the Big 12, so I have to see something more to believe he can get it done in a conference like this.

images

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT