ADVERTISEMENT

Trev to Texas A&M?

Maybe also some autonomy from the new president. I could believe this is more about that hire or potential hire than general political climate.
I’d love to see how this stuff works behind-the-scenes, but I don’t blame Trev, if some egg head is constantly meddling in his business and his ability to succeed. Football put this university on the map. Never forget that.

I’d love to see how this stuff works behind-the-scenes, but I don’t blame Trev, if some egg head is constantly meddling in his business and his ability to succeed. Football put this university on the map. Never forget that.
It would be very funny if after all this they bend the knee to him

my respect-o-meter would go sky high

He’s possibly playing a high-level game of chicken and making A&M look stupid in the process if he does indeed turn down that job.

Didn’t he trim a lot of the fat in the department and shake up the old guard? I like his style.

He’s possibly playing a high-level game of chicken and making A&M look stupid in the process if he does indeed turn down that job.

Didn’t he trim a lot of the fat in the department and shake up the old guard? I like his style.
That's what I thought. He was streamlining things and that's why Rhule made recent changes in the recruiting/visits category. They had heard from recruits how disjointed the visits were from structural purposes

And I thought Nebraska fans lived in the past… showing video from espn from 25-30 years ago as evidence Trev was never serious about Nebraska? Whatever fan base you’re from, you are REALLY living in the past…
if you truly loved Nebraska football like i do, you'd be willing to reconcile your thoughts on it with reality.

treating it like a special needs child that needs to be coddled and congratulated for moral victories is subconsciously admitting it'll never go anywhere.

you should want Nebraska to make the hires that Ohio State and bigtime SEC schools make. Trev clearly didn't, and many of you don't either.

Rhule wasn't the worst hire to make, but his track record is marginally better, if not worse, than Pelini's.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
if you truly loved Nebraska football like i do, you'd be willing to reconcile your thoughts on it with reality.

treating it like a special needs child that needs to be coddled and congratulated for moral victories is subconsciously admitting it'll never go anywhere.

you should want Nebraska to make the hires that Ohio State and bigtime SEC schools make. Trev clearly didn't, and many of you don't either.

Rhule wasn't the worst hire to make, but his track record is marginally better, if not worse, than Pelini's.
Calling bull$&it to this..

Calling bull$&it to this..
maxresdefault.jpg

Rhule wouldn’t have been picked up by an SEC team trying to rebuild??? Come on.

So at 330 today both schools deny any talks, and you know how that goes with college coaches and AD’s no exception, he probably accepted the position

Sounds like Trev is staying to me. It’s saving face time, aTm doesn’t want it to look like Trev turned them down, Trev doesn’t want it to look like it was ever really a thing. But then again what do I know, these things are weird…?

Reactions: timnsun
Alabama? no
LSU? no
Georgia? no
So are you in the camp that Nebraska could land one of the top 5 coaches in the country? After the dumpster fire our program has been? None of them would touch us because any amount we could pay - one of the other top schools could pay and they wouldn’t have to be a part of a 2-4 rebuild. Top coaches don’t take on projects.

there are worse places to live in Texas, namely Lubbock & Waco.

went to a gameday at College Station (sister is an alum), and it was a pretty fun atmosphere. the brutalist architecture isn't for everybody.
it's like a russian gulag, isn't it. my gosh, i was never so disappointed in a university visit than seeing that one.

Could this be the whole reason Nebraska has been down the last two decades plus; too much “meddling” from the higher ups?

Reactions: Huskertransplant
So are you in the camp that Nebraska could land one of the top 5 coaches in the country? After the dumpster fire our program has been? None of them would touch us because any amount we could pay - one of the other top schools could pay and they wouldn’t have to be a part of a 2-4 rebuild. Top coaches don’t take on projects.
"top coaches don't take on projects"

Alabama was 6-7 the year before they hired Saban.
Ohio State was 6-7 the year before they hired Meyer.

top coaches take blue-blood jobs and revel in the idea of resurrecting a sleeping giant. you think like a loser that hasn't experienced greatness of your own making, which is not how these guys operate at all.

If Trev is swinging and slapping foreheads for athletic backing - he will have few naysayers when all is said and done. I really hope that’s the case.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Reactions: Frozone
Could this be the whole reason Nebraska has been down the last two decades plus; too much “meddling” from the higher ups?
Politics happen at every work place. The dynamics are different depending on the organization. It takes skill to navigate it. At times, you need to know when to move on. Pick your battles.

If Trev is swinging and slapping foreheads for athletic backing - he will have few naysayers when all is said and done. I really hope that’s the case.

Proud Of You Yes GIF
He did have an interview recently, think it was the one with Callahan, where he talked about stadium renovation and said was going to regents soon. That and get a president hired

There has to be more to the story that the public doesn't know about.

When top leaders start exiting the program, it's usually because they see something down the highway that they want to avoid. When there are clashes with others, power, politics or whatever, these types of people usually stay and fight. So while there may be power struggles going on, I don't see that as a reason to exit.

Usually there is something else coming, or something has happened and they want to remove themselves from a situation that hasn't been made public.

Directly or indirectly, money is probably involved as well. The stadium renovation has a massive price tag to it.. and is likely central to whatever is actually going on.

Definitely not good timing for the athletic programs, but Trev is replaceable.. the only problem is, you have about a 50-50 shot of getting it right or screwing it up.. There are always a bunch of Steve Pedersons and Sean Eichorsts that can damage a program.

If more shoes start to drop, then I start to become a lot more concerned that someone has shouted Fire in the theater.

"top coaches don't take on projects"

Alabama was 6-7 the year before they hired Saban.
Ohio State was 6-7 the year before they hired Meyer.

top coaches take blue-blood jobs and revel in the idea of resurrecting a sleeping giant. you think like a loser that hasn't experienced greatness of your own making, which is not how these guys operate at all.
Please….with that garbage.

Ohio state was 66-11 the 6 years before their 6-7 year, including a 12-1 season the year before 6-7. HUGE project for UM.

Alabama was 10-2 the year before their 6-7 year and 40-33 the 6 years prior to their 6-7 year. Obviously a heavier lift than O state but no where near the fire we had in Nebraska ….

Nebraska was 4-8 the year before Rhule came and was 22-41 the 6 years. Hopefully you can see the difference that there wasn’t near the resurrection that had to happen with those other programs.

Context matters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT