ADVERTISEMENT

Trev to Texas A&M?

I really REALLY hope this has nothing to do with that Women's basketball Coach/Player lawsuit. If we lose Trev because an Assistant Coach on the Women's basketball program couldn't keep it in his pants I will go ballistic!

I guess we'll see what year 2 brings. You troll a free football board. Not sure how that a better relationship with reality. But do you bud. You and kong are amusing. This will be a big day for you 2.
21 years of service on a message board. i can see why conflict makes you so emotional, soldier.

hoping for the best, recognizing the potential for the worst. such is the burden of honesty.

No President. No AD. Middle of massive stadium renovations.

Gotta figure this sh*t out. Hoiberg is back in the spotlight and Rhule will be after an improved season. Hopefully Cook wants the gig.

21 years of service on a message board. i can see why conflict makes you so emotional, soldier.

hoping for the best, recognizing the potential for the worst. such is the burden of honesty.
What conflict? I'm here the laughs.

end of the day, the guy's overseen, what, 2 somewhat successful seasons in sports that matter over 3 years?

zero successful football seasons
1 okay baseball season
1 good basketball regular season

adios, blockhead.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
No President. No AD. Middle of massive stadium renovations.

Gotta figure this sh*t out. Hoiberg is back in the spotlight and Rhule will be after an improved season. Hopefully Cook wants the gig.
Change has happened way too often in Lincoln. The dominos never stop falling

Reactions: JabroniBlvd
i saw this on another board this morning and immediately asked why? our own collin klein went down there as offensive coordinator. but that was rational to get sec level experience before taking a head job somewhere. what your guy is after is beyond me? aTm is not a cultural fit. it's always second fiddle to texas. and he's leaving his alma mater. i don't get it.

Reactions: ssmill777
end of the day, the guy's overseen, what, 2 somewhat successful seasons in sports that matter over 3 years?

1 okay baseball season

adios, blockhead.
His biggest successful decision so far is retaining Hoiberg. He didn’t hire Bolt. He didn’t hire hoiberg. His football hire went 5-7 with one the easiest schedules in Husker history. Hope rhule is a stud, but as of now Trev hasn't had much success

Man, this really moved the needle off of that thread poking fun at Minny for cancelling their spring game. We may not have an AD but dammit at least we have a televised practice you can get drunk at!

Wait... is it possible Trev is leaving because Rhule doesn't want to have a spring game???

Cost of living in and around College Station has to be low. Its a dump
there are worse places to live in Texas, namely Lubbock & Waco.

went to a gameday at College Station (sister is an alum), and it was a pretty fun atmosphere. the brutalist architecture isn't for everybody.

1 okay baseball season

adios, blockhead.
If he has done such a terrible job, why would others want him? Especially a team in a much more respectable conference like the SEC?

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
I can read people like a book and it was obvious he lost all passion and love for the university in the AD position. Easy to tell in fact from his very first presser. Being a miser in some instances so he could support his pet projects in others is the only thing he cared about.

• Haha
Reactions: maly and Danimal4NU
To me, this is very telling about the administration. Alberts was a legacy guy and jumped ship at the first opportunity he received from a big school that threw money his way.

I understand in this era, money is the only thing that matters. But I have to think if Alberts felt at home at his alma mater, he'd be staying.

Of course, it could be more about who Alberts is rather than anything else.

If he has done such a terrible job, why would others want him? Especially a team in a much more respectable conference like the SEC?
others don't want him, Texas A&M wants him

a place that's as poisonous for administrators as it gets who had to sink to their 5th or 6th option at head football coach just last year after an embarrassing PR snafoo

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Why would you hire an AD who is in the middle of a lawsuit about a sex scandal? I guess I would wait until that sorts itself out.
Ooooooh, I didn't know about that. I wonder if that had anything to do with this. If so this is starting to make sense.

Administration is a mess. No system president...the AD no longer answers to UNL president but the BOR ( just say it.... Pillen). Maybe this is about the womens BB incident. But what AD would want to work in chaos?

Is it really a big deal?

I mean, for donations, I guess...but you are not bringing in a new AD that has to hire a new FB or BB coach, so really, who cares?

Things felt like they were trending in a good direction for athletics. Never like to see unnecessary shake ups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT