ADVERTISEMENT

Toure is N

Kinda shocked he came here, but man do we need him. Awesome news.
very shocked. Frost has to be an elite salesman to get top WRs to come to a program that finished dead last in every passing category. although i dont think most recruits do their research and due diligence. they are very apt to be easily influenced by recruiters and not current facts

Our scholarship numbers are going to be way high, like 6-7 over the limit I believe so don’t be surprise to see some attrition from the receiver position.
haven't heard anyone mention this before. neb is way over the limit right now?

very shocked. Frost has to be an elite salesman to get top WRs to come to a program that finished dead last in every passing category. although i dont think most recruits do their research and due diligence. they are very apt to be easily influenced by recruiters and not current facts
we finished 12th in passing, yet you willingly ignore that very available fact to post fake news like this.

sad!

Wow! This is exactly what Mike Ferrell was talking about last week-- that Nebraska should be looking to add accomplished transfers from lower levels. What a fantastic get. This kid is already a good to great college football player and we're getting him at a position of need. I hope they play this kid opposite Betts so that he can have both on the field at the same time.
I’ve been warming up to this a little.

Plenty of FCS guys go to NFL and they’ve at least proven they can perform basic football skills (run, pass, catch, tackle) at the college level.

They get less attention than other players so many other teams are vying for.

I saw Bailey Zappe’s numbers and thought “regardless of competition, he’s proven he can throw completions and TDs.”

Same with Touré. He’s proven he can catch balls. Right now that’s a missing component from our team.

Not that we’d fill a team like this, but certainly worth injecting those basic skills and see where it leads.

1 and done. Could be the same with Manning. Then we have Findone by himself and no QB 🙄
Yep, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere we are not gonna recruit QBs anymore. Martinez was so bad the coaches no longer are recruiting the position. They are even actively shipping the QBs on the roster so AM doesn’t have any competition. That’s why Fidone won’t have a QB the following year.

To other business... Do people like you even have a brain?

coaches need to get off their lazy asses and bring in a couple qb's that dont turn it over every other drive and can toss a football over 30 yards. we could have 3 all americans at wr and nobody would ever know it
Or they could actually COACH the ones we have. I have seen NOTHING out of Mario that warrant him being a div1 qb coach

The point is that there were plenty of downfield pass options called but not taken advantage of.
hard when the guy trying to take advantage of them has proven to be the literal worst in the entire league at doing so.

Doesn’t mean they weren’t called. Just not taken.
So he wasn’t coached well? If Frost was supposedly calling all these deep passes and Adrian never took them isn’t that on the coach? I guarantee we called less plays that stretched the defense compared to others. Maybe that’s why Wandale left because in the NFL you have to take some deep shots and we don’t.

So he wasn’t coached well? If Frost was supposedly calling all these deep passes and Adrian never took them isn’t that on the coach? I guarantee we called less plays that stretched the defense compared to others. Maybe that’s why Wandale left because in the NFL you have to take some deep shots and we don’t.
do you call alley-oops for a guy who can't dunk?

You don’t “call” deep passes. This isn’t the field on the corner with your friends. There were deep pass options that were not taken or missed. That’s not the offenses fault. It’s on the player(s) and/or the coach.

do you call alley-oops for a guy who can't dunk?
Adrian can throw the ball 60 yards easily. I don’t think it’s the player but I think it’s the calls. Hence why Wandale didn’t leave and say I need a QB who can throw to me. He said he wants to play in an offensive system that will help him in the nfl.
So by your thinking of running an alley oop for a guy who can’t dunk wouldn’t it make sense for Frost not to run a guy 5’7 160 pounds up the middle? So I’m sure Frost didn’t call all those wandale runs it was Adrian who called them right?

You don’t “call” deep passes. This isn’t the field on the corner with your friends. There were deep pass options that were not taken or missed. That’s not the offenses fault. It’s on the player(s) and/or the coach.
You do call deep passes. Coaches literally have a section on their play sheet for them.

Wandale, Washington, Mills, Adrian.

heck, tell me who he hasn't let jump in and play? Just this year Freshman Betts, Brown, Felming, Scott all got touches. So did newcomers Falck and Martin.

How many of those you mentioned made a difference? Wandale? Washington? Damn he has made a huge difference. None of those others you mentioned got more than a small number of meaningful snaps. He has had 4 times more than that transfer without being given a chance.

How many of those you mentioned made a difference? Wandale? Washington? Damn he has made a huge difference. None of those others you mentioned got more than a small number of meaningful snaps. He has had 4 times more than that transfer without being given a chance.

What are you talking about? AM was the starting QB as a Freahman. Wandale was a Hornug Award finalist as a freshman. How can you say freshman aren’t given a chance to make an impact right away?

haven't heard anyone mention this before. neb is way over the limit right now?

Everyone is with the returning seniors, the new “line” will be 85 plus returning seniors. The big question is what happens in 2022 and beyond.

Reactions: dinglefritz
What are you talking about? AM was the starting QB as a Freahman. Wandale was a Hornug Award finalist as a freshman. How can you say freshman aren’t given a chance to make an impact right away?

Oh I forgot about our Heisman hopeful for his sophomore season. So you named 2 that have made a difference (if you want to call it that).
You should start drinking beer instead of kool aid.

Oh I forgot about our Heisman hopeful for his sophomore season. So you named 2 that have made a difference (if you want to call it that).
You should start drinking beer instead of kool aid.
You said they weren’t given a chance to play, now you are changing your tune. Like I said, no reason to think this guy won’t get the chance to play and make a difference right away.

Reactions: SkerInCo
You said they weren’t given a chance to play, now you are changing your tune. Like I said, no reason to think this guy won’t get the chance to play and make a difference right away.

How am I changing tune? Go back and read my original post. I know reading isnt a strong point for you but try it again.

2 straight years as the worst rated passer in the conference on throws 20+ yards downfield is enough for me.

I'd seen enough of AM prior to his well-deserved benching, and can't wait for him to be permanently removed from his post as starting QB.

he will be (already is?) the losingest quarterback in Husker history for the rest of his life, and hopefully for the rest of this program's existence.
So true! I love AM’s heart but facts are facts. Just one less INTs than TDs the last two years. What is going on with this regression??

Maybe you should do some research and due diligence before posting 🤡.

The Kenny Bell comparison is a good one I think.

He got's some nice jukes in his pass routes to get open. I don't know if that's considered good route running in a FBS/NFL or not? Need someone who knows this stuff to educate me on this point.

How am I changing tune? Go back and read my original post. I know reading isnt a strong point for you but try it again.

Stacked on the sideline. Show me where Frost has let newcomers jump in and make a difference. My god the Kool-Aid on this board must have cocaine in it.

Right here ^^^^^^. You said "when has he let newcomers jump in and make a difference". I gave you names like Wandale, AM, Mo Washington who all jumped right in as Freshman. They had every chance to make a difference. You are the one saying this kid will be on the sideline, based on ????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT