ADVERTISEMENT

Toure is N

Right here ^^^^^^. You said "when has he let newcomers jump in and make a difference". I gave you names like Wandale, AM, Mo Washington who all jumped right in as Freshman. They had every chance to make a difference. You are the one saying this kid will be on the sideline, based on ????

Yep so there are a few. Washington and Wandale both made a difference. Shit, now they are both gone by year 3. You are correct. Based on the 2 that he did let play and they made a difference vs the 39 that have transferred out because they didnt get that chance.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’ve been warming up to this a little.

Plenty of FCS guys go to NFL and they’ve at least proven they can perform basic football skills (run, pass, catch, tackle) at the college level.

They get less attention than other players so many other teams are vying for.

I saw Bailey Zappe’s numbers and thought “regardless of competition, he’s proven he can throw completions and TDs.”

Same with Touré. He’s proven he can catch balls. Right now that’s a missing component from our team.
Not that we’d fill a team like this, but certainly worth injecting those basic skills and see where it leads.
One of our most consistent WRs this past year was Levi Falck who was a grad transfer from South Dakota. He put up nice numbers there but sure wasn't an All American. The Vikings' Adam Thielen played at Minnesota-Mankato.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Yep so there are a few. Washington and Wandale both made a difference. Shit, now they are both gone by year 3. You are correct. Based on the 2 that he did let play and they made a difference vs the 39 that have transferred out because they didnt get that chance.

Every kid with a pulse has had a chance to play. Show me a kid that left and is producing somewhere else, because they didn't get to play here.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
every season Frost has landed a grad transfer at WR (Noa, Falck), they've played a lot.

this kid should do the same.

Yeah, when two 4* types in Houston and Nance aren’t sniffing the depth chart in a thin room after two years, then I’m much happier taking a Touré who’s proven he can catch a ball.

Reactions: SkerInCo
They got talent in the room. Getting a spring practice season in, along with a normal fall camp should help their development tremendously.
Good QB play is all about timing with your wide receivers. Two of these wide receivers are virtually unknown at B10 level and Betts has got very few snaps. Until one of these quarterbacks develop some timing with these guys it's all for not.

every season Frost has landed a grad transfer at WR (Noa, Falck), they've played a lot.

this kid should do the same.
I think this kid will bring more to the table than Noa. Forgot about him but he was another option that helped Adrian. Man we need these new WRs to get a full spring in and we need to DITCH the f'n COVID protocols for spring ball.

Every kid with a pulse has had a chance to play. Show me a kid that left and is producing somewhere else, because they didn't get to play here.
Wandale will produce I think. Tyjon has played and the best plays I've seen him in on were when he carried the ball on jet sweeps for OSU. Hasn't done much as a receiver I don't think. Gebbia really has kind of looked like Adrian when I've watched him. Gebbia made a mistake in leaving IMO. He would have had a tremendous chance to win the job Adrian's freshman year and keep it. If not then, last year for sure.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Wandale will produce I think. Tyjon has played and the best plays I've seen him in on were when he carried the ball on jet sweeps for OSU. Hasn't done much as a receiver I don't think. Gebbia really has kind of looked like Adrian when I've watched him. Gebbia made a mistake in leaving IMO. He would have had a tremendous chance to win the job Adrian's freshman year and keep it. If not then, last year for sure.

Avery Roberts has been successful at OSU, but I don't think he was around long enough to say he wasn't given a chance.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Avery Roberts has been successful at OSU, but I don't think he was around long enough to say he wasn't given a chance.
modestly successful I would say. His head was out of the door from the minute Bray was let go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT