ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Games

Yeah, it’s easy to forget DR is just a true frosh.
I do wish our OL play would improve but it isn’t very good and hasn’t been
Our improvement in turnovers changes the feel of the team in a good way, but our O will hold us back unless we change our OC.
JMO
There is irony there….the OL doesn’t perform well and it would be just to be critical of O line coach….yet it is because of that coach we have the caliber of QB we have.

Rutgers run defense is terrible. Wisconsin has now taken two teams to the woodshed we struggled with.

We really didn’t struggle that much with Purdue. We dominated the game by every metric. Couldn’t finish drives in the 1st half, special teams, and we did in the second.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
We still haven’t played the best 5 teams on our schedule so I wouldn’t be jacking off just yet like some of the posters on this board.
Might sound overly negative but looking at projected point spreads this is accurate. I guess I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win more than one or two remaining games.

We really didn’t struggle that much with Purdue. We dominated the game by every metric. Couldn’t finish drives in the 1st half, special teams, and we did in the second.
We were down 3-0 midway through the third. If we weren't playing the worst team in the conference not sure we win.

We suck on offense, especially OL, and that’s evident to anyone who’s knows anything about football. We haven’t played a single team that is “good” to this point. Illinois.. decent. Colorado.. meh. Everyone else… trash

We still haven’t played the best 5 teams on our schedule so I wouldn’t be jacking off just yet like some of the posters on this board.
But that is every year on this site
You were going to hurt some feelings…

Reactions: FissionReaction
We suck on offense, especially OL, and that’s evident to anyone who’s knows anything about football. We haven’t played a single team that is “good” to this point. Illinois.. decent. Colorado.. meh. Everyone else… trash

I find it humorous you sh!t on Nebraska’s schedule, but then crown Indiana one of the 5 hardest teams on our schedule despite their SOS being far, far worse than Nebraska’s.

I find it humorous you sh!t on Nebraska’s schedule, but then crown Indiana one of the 5 hardest teams on our schedule despite their SOS being far, far worse than Nebraska’s.
Im always amused that some on here can't even enjoy a bye week with some great games without bitching about the Huskers. 😰😪😞 Take a break ladies.

According to ESPN, we've played the 105th toughest schedule, and Indiana has played the 108th toughest. So I wouldn't say "far, far worse".

This time-zone thing is legit. Looks like only one team has won in conference doing it so far and it was Indiana at UCLA, and a lot of the games are ugly. Thinking about the ducks tonight now, it’ll be interesting to see if it effects the buck nuts

Oh, their schedule has been a joke too, I never mentioned that their schedule was tough… but in seeing a few of their games they will be a tough out.
They are potentially beatable though.
I am just saying that our schedule is backloaded with our toughest teams late.

According to ESPN, we've played the 105th toughest schedule, and Indiana has played the 108th toughest. So I wouldn't say "far, far worse".
I find that quite funny.

Indiana didn’t play any power 4 non conf team. In fact it’s quite pathetic with Charlotte, Western IL and FIU. Obviously Colorado is vastly better than any of these.

Indiana has also played three bottom feeders of the B1G in NW, UCLA and Maryland. I doubt any three of these teams will go bowling.

I’d be curious to see how espn grades SOS.

Reactions: HBK4life
We're 5-1. Should be 6-0. We've fixed the turnover shitshow. D is legit. Still have work to do in other areas. After the last 7 year clown show I try to focus on the positives. But some just love to wallow in misery. GBR!!
You are in the minority. Many fans been hurt far too much to believe in the team. Everyone wanted at a minimum to make a bowl game, they will do that.

You are in the minority. Many fans been hurt far too much to believe in the team. Everyone wanted at a minimum to make a bowl game, they will do that.
I don’t think he’s in the minority. Most people on this board think we have a solid chance against every team on the schedule with the exception of O State. Doesn’t mean we will win them all but we will be battling in every game and will have a nice record (compared to the past several years) to show for it.

We’ve had O lines that have the Big and Ugly part down…they just have very low football IQ
Definitely the Ugly part.
cottondown.0.gif

You must be on a different site than I am.

I don’t think he’s in the minority. Most people on this board think we have a solid chance against every team on the schedule with the exception of O State. Doesn’t mean we will win them all but we will be battling in every game and will have a nice record (compared to the past several years) to show for it.
I can’t find the poll on here from a few days ago. I didn’t see how it ended up on win predictions.

When none of them can do everything you need them to do, what would you suggest?

And let’s be clear. Wisconsin doesn’t have a great rb. They have a good oline.
First of all, I didn't say a single word about Wisconsin. How about you look and see who posted about Wisconsin and clarify that with him.

When you have a history of running your top back 10-12 times a game, you're not gonna get a great back to come with that history. Shuffling 3 and sometimes 4 RB's in every game is gonna keep getting you decent backs, but nobody special. All of our backs are lacking something, but how the hell does a back ever get into a rhythm if he plays sporadically? They don't.

First of all, I didn't say a single word about Wisconsin. How about you look and see who posted about Wisconsin and clarify that with him.

When you have a history of running your top back 10-12 times a game, you're not gonna get a great back to come with that history. Shuffling 3 and sometimes 4 RB's in every game is gonna keep getting you decent backs, but nobody special. All of our backs are lacking something, but how the hell does a back ever get into a rhythm if he plays sporadically? They don't.
You clearly responded to someone referencing Wisconsin, so it’s fair to assume you were continuing said conversation

So which is it? sacrifice winning now for recruiting a rb or win now by maximizing our current room’s strengths. Can’t have it both ways.

I find that quite funny.

Indiana didn’t play any power 4 non conf team. In fact it’s quite pathetic with Charlotte, Western IL and FIU. Obviously Colorado is vastly better than any of these.

Indiana has also played three bottom feeders of the B1G in NW, UCLA and Maryland. I doubt any three of these teams will go bowling.

I’d be curious to see how espn grades SOS.
Didn't look very hard to see Western Illinois record, but I think the rest of their schedule is 9-14.

You clearly responded to someone referencing Wisconsin, so it’s fair to assume you were continuing said conversation

So which is it? sacrifice winning now for recruiting a rb or win now by maximizing our current room’s strengths. Can’t have it both ways.
Sacrfice winning for now? We haven't finished the year yet to see if we're even gonna be winning. We may win a couple more, but we're capable of coming down the stretch 1-5 or 0-6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT