ADVERTISEMENT

Today is the first day in 14 months..

the media would have been all over this if something was going on right?

The only 2 that I know of were Appleget from LSE, he worked out and was offered and Henry Rickels from BW. Rickels did not workout, apparently that will take place June 11.

The first of the Friday Night Lights camps is June 4.

The Twitterverse was aglow with high priority prospects finally visiting shortlisted schools.

Seems like a missed opportunity, but what do I know? I don’t even work here.

Excited for camp news this weekend

Reactions: Lincoln100
Here is something that is concerning to me as well. There was a satellite camp down in Miami, I think FIU put it on. Nebraska coaches were there along with Indiana coaches and a few others. Nebraska sent Ryan Held and a GA. Indiana had their HC and DC down there.

I read quotes from at least 3 players that said that Indiana asked them to come out. One of those players was Bootle's little brother. I get that he isn't the ideal size, but he is a good player, but no mention of Nebraska asking him to be out there.

Then James Monds puts up a twitter post with him and Indiana coaches Charlton Warren (DC) and Brandon Shelby (CB coach), smiling and yucking it up.

Our coaches are sitting at home with, best I can tell, 2 in state prospects. One of which already has a crystal ball prediction for Nebraska and the other who is basically a 0 star OT with a single offer from Kent St.

Last edited:
June will obviously be a very big month for Nebraska recruiting with many potential recruits checking out the campus. So there should be some news this month.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Here is something that is concerning to me as well. There was a satellite camp down in Miami, I think FIU put it on. Nebraska coaches were there along with Indiana coaches and a few others. Nebraska sent Ryan Held and a GA. Indiana had their HC and DC down there.

I read quotes from at least 3 players that said that Indiana asked them to come out. One of those players was Bootle's little brother. I get that he isn't the ideal size, but he is a good player, but no mention of Nebraska asking him to be out there.

Then James Monds puts up a twitter post with him and Indiana coaches Charlton Warren (DC) and Brandon Shelby (CB coach), smiling and yucking it up.

Our coaches are sitting at home with, best I can tell, 2 in state prospects. One of which already has a crystal ball prediction for Nebraska and the other who is basically a 0 star OT with a single offer from Kent St.
Inconceivable, what the hell is going on?

Reactions: NikkiSixx
But our fans are top notch :rolleyes:
but what does that have to do with getting recruits in for visits?

I get you don't like my negativity, but the OP was correct about being concerned about it.

Keep on being mediocre there WHCSC!

Reactions: leodisflowers

Yeah I've been holding back the criticism, camps and visits are just starting but I think we were sliding in recruiting a bit last year and I think it's pretty difficult to say that the recruiting is going well this year. Is it just me or does it look like we've lowered our expectations a bit even though we read how "picky" they are going to be with a smaller class this year?

I get you don't like my negativity, but the OP was correct about being concerned about it.

Mediocre is a few steps up from where you live

Yeah I've been holding back the criticism, camps and visits are just starting but I think we were sliding in recruiting a bit last year and I think it's pretty difficult to say that the recruiting is going well this year. Is it just me or does it look like we've lowered our expectations a bit even though we read how "picky" they are going to be with a smaller class this year?
It’s barely June

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Because your way is working better??
I see...

Reactions: WHCSC
June will obviously be a very big month for Nebraska recruiting with many potential recruits checking out the campus. So there should be some news this month.
I keep seeing new names pop up with visits scheduled. Most notably multiple QBs. I think the NCAA giving guys an extra year has screwed up the dynamics of recruiting this cycle. There's an article on the interweb right now about how this year's high school seniors are getting screwed by that NCAA ruling. My first priority is 2 QBs. From there with how much eligibility our roster has left, I'm not sure what the best way is to approach things. I think you prioritize area kids and then be very selective on the rest but we HAVE to land at least one and probably 2 QBs.

Reactions: WHCSC
I keep seeing new names pop up with visits scheduled. Most notably multiple QBs. I think the NCAA giving guys an extra year has screwed up the dynamics of recruiting this cycle. There's an article on the interweb right now about how this year's high school seniors are getting screwed by that NCAA ruling. My first priority is 2 QBs. From there with how much eligibility our roster has left, I'm not sure what the best way is to approach things. I think you prioritize area kids and then be very selective on the rest but we HAVE to land at least one and probably 2 QBs.
Yes, I wondered about how that might affect recruiting back when they first announced the extra year. In my opinion the NCAA also should have included a temporary increase in the number of total scholarships they allow on a roster to accommodate the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT