ADVERTISEMENT

Throw Back or Throw Up

Native Nebraskan

Sophomore
Feb 20, 2006
I know that a lot of young Nebraska Fans are enthralled with "Throw Back" uniforms. I am an old and crusty fan from the 60's. When you look 10 to 15 years later and see a great play, but the uniforms are "Throw Back" or as I refer "Throw Up", you can't recognize that it was Nebraska playing. I hate throw back uniforms. When you look at a play in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's, you can tell it was Nebraska football by the uniforms. Can you tell it was Nebraska when they wear a "Throw Back" uniform? "H _ _ L NO"

Tradition is what the great teams are all about. "Throw Back" uniforms are for when teams when they just ain't no more. Tradition is knowing that in the 70's, with the first national championship, this is the uniform that Nebraska players wore. The same for the 90's. This matters each and every game, all 12 in a season and more.

No more "Throw Back" uniforms!!

Nebraska just needs to tell Adidas, we are good in our traditional uniforms, because the "The Nebraska tradition is back!!!"

I know that a lot of young Nebraska Fans are enthralled with "Throw Back" uniforms. I am an old and crusty fan from the 60's. When you look 10 to 15 years later and see a great play, but the uniforms are "Throw Back" or as I refer "Throw Up", you can't recognize that it was Nebraska playing. I hate throw back uniforms. When you look at a play in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's, you can tell it was Nebraska football by the uniforms. Can you tell it was Nebraska when they wear a "Throw Back" uniform? "H _ _ L NO"

Tradition is what the great teams are all about. "Throw Back" uniforms are for when teams when they just ain't no more. Tradition is knowing that in the 70's, with the first national championship, this is the uniform that Nebraska players wore. The same for the 90's. This matters each and every game, all 12 in a season and more.

No more "Throw Back" uniforms!!

Nebraska just needs to tell Adidas, we are good in our traditional uniforms, because the "The Nebraska tradition is back!!!"

Frankly I don't pay that much attention. I notice them to start but am too busy watching the play verses the unis. I am not one that can remember who we played, what happened when we had X throw backs.

Hate to burst your bubble but saying the Nebraska tradition is back is a long ways from actually being back.

Reactions: TFrazier
I liked the "throwback" jerseys we wore this year. We wore them for the Wisconsin game and they were like the jerseys from 1997...but they didn't look much different than what we usually wear. I would much rather have us wear throwbacks jerseys than the terrible futuristic ones from 2012 Wisconsin game or the 2014 Illinois game

59d50096b701f.preview.jpg
I think you are confusing "throwback" with "alternative" uniforms. Now get off my lawn.
get-off-my-lawn-meme-unique-off-my-lawn-clint-eastwood-quickmeme.jpg

Good thing you don't have to be able to "tell" it's Nebraska by picking them out of a lineup. They tell us what channel and what time, and from that point it's fairly easy to identify them. C'mon, it's not hard to understand that the alternative uniforms are a marketing, recruiting, social media, etc. etc. etc. thing. If a 4-star pass rusher from Florida thinks the alternates are fresh, that's all that matters. I'd be fine with sticking with the traditional uniforms at all times, but it isn't something worth getting worked up about.

Good thing you don't have to be able to "tell" it's Nebraska by picking them out of a lineup. They tell us what channel and what time, and from that point it's fairly easy to identify them. C'mon, it's not hard to understand that the alternative uniforms are a marketing, recruiting, social media, etc. etc. etc. thing. If a 4-star pass rusher from Florida thinks the alternates are fresh, that's all that matters. I'd be fine with sticking with the traditional uniforms at all times, but it isn't something worth getting worked up about.

I honestly don't think that recruits come to a school because of alt unis. Look at Alabama. People say that it will help bring us back to relevancy because they are desperate. I can understand some college age kid loving the alts. At that age, they love change. However, most of the alt uni craze is driven by apparel makers and schools that don't have any tradition. The only tradition that Oregon has is wacky unis that constantly change. If Frost can return NU to winning ways I'm sure that most will stop the uniform excuse as the reason for our mediocrity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT