ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Somewhat forgotten autos of the muscle car era:

n0FIxip.jpg

Found the other half of my car!! Haha.
Looks like you had Cragar S/S wheels. Those are classic. My dad had those on his RR back in the day.

Looks like you had Cragar S/S wheels. Those are classic. My dad had those on his RR back in the day.

..and in tru Mopar fashion (where they used suspension parts that were better suited for cars weighing half of what these did) you can see the camber is off in that photo. Haha. Crager's were my fave. Had 'em on a few cars...inc my 67 Stang..351C, top load 4spd, 9''rear with 4:10's...nice thing about those gears is you could start in 3rd gear.

gv3LnGk.jpg

..and in tru Mopar fashion (where they used suspension parts that were better suited for cars weighing half of what these did) you can see the camber is off in that photo. Haha. Crager's were my fave. Had 'em on a few cars...inc my 67 Stang..351C, top load 4spd, 9''rear with 4:10's...nice thing about those gears is you could start in 3rd gear.

gv3LnGk.jpg
First car I ever owned was a 65 Coupe that color. Prairie Bronze. Loved that car. I can't post a picture on this site. They need to fix that. Should be able to just drag and drop like other sites.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

gv3LnGk.jpg
That looks nice. With a Cleveland, I imagine that has plenty of scoot to it.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
That looks nice. With a Cleveland, I imagine that has plenty of scoot to it.

It was a ridiculous motor. Huge power..somebody prior had put a cam in it at the very least, sweet exhaust system....when that thing was just idling it sounded angry.

My neighbors heard me coming and going for blocks. I regret selling and knew I would but I was going tbru a divorce soon and I would have had to do something with that car to make her whole and at the time I just couldn't swing it. Bums me out to this day.

Best Friend has one of those in Red and Black. Loved that car. One of the better looking ones in the early 70's. From that point on shit went downhill.
My old man probably had a dozen Mustangs in his life. The 67 Convertible with the 289, it was Cherry Red. That thing was nice! Agree 100 with you on the design of the cars.

Buick, known for many years as a geezer car, was on fire back in the 60's and 70's, high powered and marvelous to look at. What say you?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
Hell yeah OP! My dream car is a 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 w/ bucket seats and the console shifter

My first job I had 2 buddies that has GS’s and they were bad ass and fast as heck. Sounded like pure muscle. I couldn’t find one I could afford at the time, so my first car was a 72 Skylark. Named it Bob, for bad old Buick.

Don’t see too many people that even know about these cars, so your post brings back fond memories

Hell yeah OP! My dream car is a 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 w/ bucket seats and the console shifter

My first job I had 2 buddies that has GS’s and they were bad ass and fast as heck. Sounded like pure muscle. I couldn’t find one I could afford at the time, so my first car was a 72 Skylark. Named it Bob, for bad old Buick.

Don’t see too many people that even know about these cars, so your post brings back fond memories
they don't know because they are Buicks! RollingLaugh

I would say this one classifies as a somewhat forgotten car. My uncle bought a 1971 AMX Javelin brand new. By the time I ever laid eyes on it it had to have been at least 15 years old but I thought that it was pretty much the baddest thing on four wheels. He still has it but unfortunately it doesn't look nearly as good as this one in the picture.
Steves-1971-AMX-401-10.jpg

I would say this one classifies as a somewhat forgotten car. My uncle bought a 1971 AMX Javelin brand new. By the time I ever laid eyes on it it had to have been at least 15 years old but I thought that it was pretty much the baddest thing on four wheels. He still has it but unfortunately it doesn't look nearly as good as this one in the picture.
Steves-1971-AMX-401-10.jpg

Face only a mother could love but I always thought they were badass.

Reactions: Lars72
Just giving you crap.

When it comes to cars and trucks everyone has a different eye. When it comes to old cars there is usually a story behind why someone favors one or the other.
Agree 100%

Pretty much why I liked the Buick. Was 15 when I got exposed to the GS and I was sold, plus we partied after work in my buddies’ cars since I couldn’t drive yet (legally). Usually from 2-4 AM as we closed down a late night diner.

Agree 100%

Pretty much why I liked the Buick. Was 15 when I got exposed to the GS and I was sold, plus we partied after work in my buddies’ cars since I couldn’t drive yet (legally). Usually from 2-4 AM as we closed down a late night diner.
and there is the story.....

Been a Ford guy my whole life. First car was a 1965 Mustang Coupe. Ran a sub 13 second quarter at around 100 mph. Even with a crappy 3 speed and 2.83 gears. Barely got into 3rd at the end of the Quater mile. We used to go to his dad's car lot and open the headers at night and drive around. before they started making it easy like no days. So much fun.

Partied a lot in it and my buddies 73 Mach I.

When I sold it, it was to an older guy who was a teacher. He passed and gave it to his son. He completely changed the car to an all-out drag car. Painted it bright orange and put all new everything under it. Suspension, tranny, rear end and a huge Ford crate motor. He was running high 8's and low 9's last I knew.

and there is the story.....

Been a Ford guy my whole life. First car was a 1965 Mustang Coupe. Ran a sub 13 second quarter at around 100 mph. Even with a crappy 3 speed and 2.83 gears. Barely got into 3rd at the end of the Quater mile. We used to go to his dad's car lot and open the headers at night and drive around. before they started making it easy like no days. So much fun.

Partied a lot in it and my buddies 73 Mach I.

When I sold it, it was to an older guy who was a teacher. He passed and gave it to his son. He completely changed the car to an all-out drag car. Painted it bright orange and put all new everything under it. Suspension, tranny, rear end and a huge Ford crate motor. He was running high 8's and low 9's last I knew.

Twelve second qtr mile?? Really? No, really? With that set up??

Twelve second qtr mile?? Really? No, really? With that set up??
Hi-PO 289. Shelby Aluminum Hi Rise, 4 barrel. it was just under 13. 1 time at Julesburg Raceway.

I can't really take credit for the motor I bought it from a guy who built it already in the car. He was from Alliance actually. It didn't last long he did a crappy job. More built to race and rebuild than a driver is probably why.

Actually, bought it from the old Cannon Brothers Ford dealer in Scottsbluff for all the western Nebraska guys old memories. The guy traded it in. My best friend's dad was a Ford Factory drag racer sponsored by the ford dealer. Guy had a whole garage of Shelby parts. Ran a 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet drag car. A lot of fun to watch race and work on.

Hi-PO 289. Shelby Aluminum Hi Rise, 4 barrel. it was just under 13. 1 time at Julesburg Raceway.

I can't really take credit for the motor I bought it from a guy who built it already in the car. He was from Alliance actually. It didn't last long he did a crappy job. More built to race and rebuild than a driver is probably why.

Actually, bought it from the old Cannon Brothers Ford dealer in Scottsbluff for all the western Nebraska guys old memories. The guy traded it in. My best friend's dad was a Ford Factory drag racer sponsored by the ford dealer. Guy had a whole garage of Shelby parts. Ran a 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet drag car. A lot of fun to watch race and work on.

OK...tnat makes sense. I read your orig post as a stock motor. Sweet car!!

Glad this took a small fork into drag racing. I (all of my siblings) drove the same car to school. Nothing special but it was a real sleeper car if you wanted to drag or someone wanted to drag you. It was a 68 Fairlane 4 door with 302 and automatic. That car was sneaky fast and built like a Sherman tank. It would go over or through any snow drift.

The first car I bought was a 1972 Dodge Challenger sweet looking car but it was a money pit half the time it was in the shop for something. I ran it two years sold it a bought a 76 Chevy nova

The first car I bought was a 1972 Dodge Challenger sweet looking car but it was a money pit half the time it was in the shop for something. I ran it two years sold it a bought a 76 Chevy nova
Had a 73 nova. My sister drove it to college and so did I. Man what a piece of crap. Wished it was a 72

Glad this took a small fork into drag racing. I (all of my siblings) drove the same car to school. Nothing special but it was a real sleeper car if you wanted to drag or someone wanted to drag you. It was a 68 Fairlane 4 door with 302 and automatic. That car was sneaky fast and built like a Sherman tank. It would go over or through any snow drift.
Same here until we earned our own money, dad bought a 1953 Chevy Belair 3 on the tree, 6 banger all of us kids drove to school but it beat the hell out of riding the school bus

72....bout one year to late. Haha

72 and beyond = dogshit compared to the prior years in, everything.

Had a 73 nova. My sister drove it to college and so did I. Man what a piece of crap. Wished it was a 72
My Dad bought my brother and I a really nice '72 Nova to share, must've been 88-89ish. My brother was 16 and I was 14, so obviously I had to wait awhile before driving it. The dumbass wrecked it before I even turned 15. The cool thing is that my Dad and I hunted down another '72 Nova shell and I took all the parts off the wrecked one and built a running car basically all by myself. It was the beginning of my lifelong sickness with old cars! The part that sucks is that I needed money in college and I sold the Nova for $1,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT