ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Somewhat forgotten autos of the muscle car era:

1280px-1973_Chevrolet_Monte_Carlo_%2827753817774%29.jpg

2nd Generation Monte Carlo, although branded a "luxury car" by Chevrolet looked bad ass as well. I wasn't much of a fan of the later models though.
I bought a brand new silver '75 Monte Carlo. Loved the style, the way it drove, everything about it.

well if it was a 426 and or 440 I woulda said sumthing!!! Haha. It was just a 383 auto on the floor, black buckets. Great car...woulda should coulda kept it
Would love to still have my '69 Charger which I sold for $ 600.00. Wife nagged me to get rid of it cause it was too much for her to drive. Had no idea what those cars would be worth years later.

Not sure what Chevy was thinking with the front end redesign on Monte Carlo in '76, a big step back from the one pictured above IMO. The '76 model looked like what they based the front end of the Griswold Family Truckster on.
1977_chevrolet_monte_carlo-pic-6708691051007770244-1024x768.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Laner2 and huntered
Not sure what Chevy was thinking with the front end redesign on Monte Carlo in '76, a big step back from the one pictured above IMO. The '76 model looked like what they based the front end of the Griswold Family Truckster on.
1977_chevrolet_monte_carlo-pic-6708691051007770244-1024x768.jpeg

Agreed...Had me a 74, that I painted red (looks bronze in the lower photo but it was red)...and a 76, that I also painted, 76 was a V6 Doooooog...74 wasn't much better but it was better...Before and after pics

5trdbL6.jpg

Reactions: huntered

Stupid question … how in the world do I post a picture from phone? Not on a line picture but one that I took?

Stupid question … how in the world do I post a picture from phone? Not on a line picture but one that I took

It was a stupid question, but here’s what I use (link below) Once you create your meme(image from your phone) you can then copy the image (link) and hit the picture icon and paste.

Still can’t figure it out? I have a consulting firm, and I’ll teach you for a small fee

gotta put in on an image hosting service first, like imgr. then copy that link and insert it in the picture sumbol above
Is there something that you have to do with the copied link or is there a specific one to use? I tried to insert each of the various links on imgr but I keep getting a message that it can't post the image.

Is there something that you have to do with the copied link or is there a specific one to use? I tried to insert each of the various links on imgr but I keep getting a message that it can't post the image.
Put it in here…
8d7yhp.jpg

Needs to be a jpg or gif..

Lars72, if you figure out the picture thing, would like to see the smile on your dad's face. Many fond memories of the drag strip in Kearney.
sYcNEzn.jpg

Thanks litespeed & Tampa for helping out. Wholeo, here's where my brother is at in the whole process (as of mid-December). The hood is off because he was still messing around with some wiring but it runs very well. He still has to do the interior, but will probably get started in the Spring. I have some videos of my dad driving it but I struggled enough with just getting a pic on here.

Lars72, if you figure out the picture thing, would like to see the smile on your dad's face. Many fond memories of the drag strip in Kearney.
HVIFFwk.jpg

Here's the hood. You can see that the interior isn't done (some of it has been) but he hasn't gotten everything in there. When we rolled it out in December, we put the two front seats in just so we could drive it around.

What do you guys thing about resto-mods? Upgrading classics with new tech and safety? Personally im a huge fan, but like to hear what you gear heads think?

Reactions: mgbreis
What do you guys thing about resto-mods? Upgrading classics with new tech and safety? Personally im a huge fan, but like to hear what you gear heads think?
I'm a huge fan also. Who doesn't like a fuel injected engine with huge power that runs great and always starts? Who doesn't like AC? 4 wheel disc brakes that stop without drama? Etc. I have six old vehicles and my favorite is my '78 Wagoneer that I'm currently collecting parts to LS swap.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
HVIFFwk.jpg

Here's the hood. You can see that the interior isn't done (some of it has been) but he hasn't gotten everything in there. When we rolled it out in December, we put the two front seats in just so we could drive it around.
Love to hear a story of a car that can stay in the family and get passed down. Hope that beauty can be enjoyed for many more years.

Reactions: Lars72
I hate them. Because once you cut all the stock parts out and throw them away, it is no longer a classic car in my opinion. But I guess if the choice is to resto mod a car or let it be lost for all time rusting in a junk yard, the resto mad is better.

I definitely can see a place for them. I’ve seen some pretty cool ones. If it were me, I might consider it if numbers aren’t matching, what’s been done with it before, & what I’m working with. If I would go down that road, I would still want it to look fairly original.

I’m a fan because I like newer vehicle amenities. With that said - if I was looking for a classic I would want it as close to original as I could. Planning to get a sports car in the next couple of years and hoping to have all original (won’t be tough because it will be a 2015-2019).

HVIFFwk.jpg

Is the hood painted with the matte black or is the black a type of wrap? Looks amazing!!

Reactions: Lars72
Is the hood painted with the matte black or is the black a type of wrap? Looks amazing!!
It’s a matte black, like it was originally. He wanted to get it as original as possible with a few slight differences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT