ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Danny Kaelin

Kid can make the league if he develops his IQ and body over the next few years. Mental processing and length are already there.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Agreed.
Kaelin may turn out to be our QB of the future. None of us know how it will all play out.

I've heard "He's the next Turner Gill" in recruiting more than I care to remember.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Agreed.
Kaelin may turn out to be our QB of the future. None of us know how it will all play out.

I've heard "He's the next Turner Gill" in recruiting more than I care to remember.
So many big names are getting thrown around, but it's still way way way premature.

I still remember Latravus Washington in 2010 had an all time spring game and everyone rushed to annoint him. He never played a single down.

Danny and Dylan are coming in with the same class but as fluid as college football is today, I doubt they end up playing all 4 years together. This could be because of a redshirt year for one of them and not the other, injuries that could force a kid to sit out a year, the lovely portal, etc. Good for Danny for not backing down and keeping his dream alive at NU. Gonna’ be fun to watch these two.

Very excited for Danny! Come in learn the offense, get stronger, bigger and be ready when it's your time, it's coming no doubt.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Dude could redshirt and be starting by the time he's a rs sophomore.

Wishful thinking as that would mean Raiola turns out to be a stud that gets drafted early

Dude could redshirt and be starting by the time he's a rs sophomore.

Wishful thinking as that would mean Raiola turns out to be a stud that gets drafted early
Can’t be starting as a redshirt sophomore… that would be year 3. NFL says you have to be 3 years removed from high school. He could start for 2 years, as a redshirt junior and senior. Unless Raiola gets injured or portals, he’s our starter for 3 years.

Absolute NFL caliber players leave early but all other QBs are now looking at five years in college to maximize NIL collections. DK has five years and may average 500K a year over five years when done with college. If he never plays a down in the NFL he could start his workcareer with close to $1,000,000 in the bank. Disheartening for sure to see DR roll in at the last minute but if he is patient he is in great shape staying here. Good move by him and his family.

he's defiantly in need of thanks...the last 2 years we been looking for a 4th string qb to help win games..so I'm sure he will see playing time..and NFL scouts know talent when they see it..the common fan on the street does.

Can’t be starting as a redshirt sophomore… that would be year 3. NFL says you have to be 3 years removed from high school. He could start for 2 years, as a redshirt junior and senior. Unless Raiola gets injured or portals, he’s our starter for 3 years.
Every year maybe since Zac Taylor we’ve started backup QBs multiple games. It’s almost to the point that being the starter at the first of the year doesn’t mean much.

DK is going to fit Nebraska football on and off the field. I hope he is patient as he will definitely have his opportunities!

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
Fam is going to fit Nebraska football on and off the field. I hope he is patient as he will definitely have his opportunities!
Love DK - he is extremely accurate however his arm strength is very below average

The analogy is a pitcher with pinpoint control but with a fastball that tops out at 75 mph - that guy is going to get lit up

Unfortunately just doesn’t have power 5 arm talent

Kudos to the staff for honoring his scholarship offer even though they were subtlety trying to get him to go elsewhere

Love DK - he is extremely accurate however his arm strength is very below average

The analogy is a pitcher with pinpoint control but with a fastball that tops out at 75 mph - that guy is going to get lit up

Kudos to the staff for honoring his scholarship offer even though they were subtlety trying to get him to go elsewhere
Mizzou - felt like he could get to Power 5 arm talent as he was their top QB in the class? Do you think they just wanted to throw slants and WR screens?

Also no chance the coaches wanted him to go elsewhere.

very low football iq? no situational understanding? get lost troll

I never understood the crying around about being the #2 qb at Nebraska...
if your goal is the NFL and a degree, it seems like the #2 has an advantage..
1. injuries, name the last time the #1 qb went all year uninjured?
2. your getting less injured at #2 qb (this can help with the nfl deal too)
3. if your good, your good....our coaches contrary to popular opinion, have eyes and take notice when the chains move.....same with nfl scouts.........it's like these guys job...thusly if you have a nfl arm/brain it will show...
4. lets say the #1 qb is nfl ready, logically the #2 qb comes after that.
5. if the #1 qb is fumbling away games, the #2 qb is gold..

there's many other reason being a #2 qb isn't hell on earth the way they make it sound..

• Love
Reactions: huntered
Mizzou - felt like he could get to Power 5 arm talent as he was their top QB in the class? Do you think they just wanted to throw slants and WR screens?

Also no chance the coaches wanted him to go elsewhere.
The plan was never to take 2 freshman QBs in this class. The staff made it clear to DK that they were only going to take one and that Raiola was number one on the board. Had Raiola committed in the summer they never would have taken DK.
Like I said kudos to the staff for doing the honorable thing but taking DK and DR was never the plan

Yeah Elite 11 QBs are known for their weak arms.

Disagree about having “very below average” arm strength.

Reactions: king_kong_

You make a compelling argument here. I’ll bet when he arrives he never lifts a single weight either and does nothing to improve his arm strength.

On second thought, what a stupid take.

Reactions: leodisflowers

giphy.gif

I never understood the crying around about being the #2 qb at Nebraska...
if your goal is the NFL and a degree, it seems like the #2 has an advantage..
1. injuries, name the last time the #1 qb went all year uninjured?
2. your getting less injured at #2 qb (this can help with the nfl deal too)
3. if your good, your good....our coaches contrary to popular opinion, have eyes and take notice when the chains move.....same with nfl scouts.........it's like these guys job...thusly if you have a nfl arm/brain it will show...
4. lets say the #1 qb is nfl ready, logically the #2 qb comes after that.
5. if the #1 qb is fumbling away games, the #2 qb is gold..

there's many other reason being a #2 qb isn't hell on earth the way they make it sound..
Also to add … for the last 20 years they are the most popular player on the team :)

Reactions: redwine65
I’m very excited to see what he can do. He will definitely play, but won’t start over Raiola. Gonna be great to have an elite backup. Eventually he will the starter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT