ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Zero U. to the SEC?

Texas OU to SEC Iowa state KU to the BIG West Virginia Okie state to ACC Baylor TCU to the PAC sorry Texas tech and K state
No way Baylor and TCU would fit in with the pac but what you gonna do I guess

Kansas is a slam dunk
Iowa might try blocking Iowa State
I think Notre Dame likes where they’re at
Not sure who else
Someone page Frank the Tank
Writing from Iowa City, I actually think the time will come when Iowa welcomes ISU into the league or just doesn't play them in football at all. If ISU-Iowa is a league game or not a game at all, then Iowa is free to build a more national schedule, which would actually make them more than just the regional second- to third-tier program it currently is.

Didn't anybody see the word POSSIBLY and know it's a slow news day. These stories always come out every year and to think people buy it as gospel is just crazy. People can go ahead and dream about realignment and what it would look like but does anyone really buy this as fact.

somebody is going to get left with not a lot of options
Yep you are right....

Baylor, ISU, KSU, OSU, Texas Tech...throw in Colorado State, Air Force, Wyoming, New Mexico, Utah State....best they could do under the circumstances.

Louisville or Florida state ??
I was thinking Virginia and Georgia Tech, who knows? Wouldn't surprise me to see chatter about Kansas and Colorado to the BIG if no Notre Dame and no ACC schools. The key is not current competitiveness but in a big population center and good academics and good athletics.

Wasn't an excuse during the last round of conference building was that OU and OSU were tied together?

Didn't anybody see the word POSSIBLY and know it's a slow news day. These stories always come out every year and to think people buy it as gospel is just crazy. People can go ahead and dream about realignment and what it would look like but does anyone really buy this as fact.

Kansas - I can see them in the B1G....Iowa State, eh just don't see it.

Kansas State - forget it
Oklahoma State - long shot, B1G ain't taking a SEC little brother
TCU Baylor Texas Tech - don't see it
West Virginia - probably best chance outside of Kansas

Notre Dame - I think B1G would ask, ND would say no thanks, we're good
The B1G is not going to invite any non-AAU school that isn't named "Notre Dame". Kansas, Iowa State, Mizzou, and UVa are members. None of the schools you mention above (except Kansas) are.

Houston Chronicle says it's in the works.
Whether it happens or not THIS is exactly why we left the Big 12 and our move was an extremely good decision. We left because Texas was threatening to go to the PAC at the time and leave us behind to fend for ourselves with the midgets. Without Texas, the Big 12 is not a P5 conference, like it or not. And since Texas is such a HUGE catch financially for any conference they can leave any time and periodically threaten to do just that without any regard for the teams they would leave behind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT