ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Zero U. to the SEC?

I get the attraction but this would surprise me with the expansion of the College Football Playoff on the horizon.
Why would Texas and Oklahoma take a guaranteed trip to the CFP and throw it away to finish 3rd in a division and end up I. Orlando playing in the Outback Bowl rather than the Sugar?

Now if there are other dominoes to fall where the Big Ten, ACC and PAC were on the verge of adding 2 teams then I could see it.

Alabama
Texas A&M
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi St
Arkansas
Texas
Oklahoma

someone would have to move to the East. Which one? Move Vandy to the west and send Miss and Miss St to the East or Alabama and Auburn?

too many questions!! Still would be a bit surprised.

Alabama
Texas A&M
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi St
Arkansas
Texas
Oklahoma

someone would have to move to the East. Which one? Move Vandy to the west and send Miss and Miss St to the East or Alabama and Auburn?

too many questions!! Still would be a bit surprised.
Missouri to the West, Alabama schools to the East, only one crossover game, probably a few protected rivalries, but not necessary.
West
Zero U.
Tejas
Arkie
Misery
LSU
Old Mississippi
MSU
TAMU

East
Auburn
Alabama
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
Kentucky

If it happens, who are your first two invites if you're the Big Ten? I'd go Notre Dame and Kansas.
ND would be the obvious holy grail for the b1g since they've been courting and flirting with them forever. Not sure if ND would bite. They might feel like they have enough clout as an independent to throw their weight and lift their skirt high enough to be attractive to overlook.

KU would make sense. KC market and good academic and BB. Will that be enough??

Brutal if fact for K-State and the rest of the B12. KU and ISU are both AAU and thus candidates for the B10, I suppose. My gosh, I thought we were beyond this. The strategy escapes me. Both want to take Nebraska's pathway to meh, evidently.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Can I get a roll call of all the HOL members who have been pining for the Big 12 lately? We'd be left holding our dorks like the rest of the conference if the Red River circle jerk jumps ship.
Oh my god, dorks! I think the movie Porky's was the first time I heard the term dork in reference to a dong! LOVE IT

Missouri to the West, only one crossover game, probably a few protected rivalries, but not necessary.
West
Zero U.
Tejas
Arkie
Misery
LSU
Old Mississippi
MSU
TAMU

East
Auburn
Alabama
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
Kentucky
I forgot about Missouri because @John_J_Rambo has convinced me they are crap.

Didn’t Bob Bowlsby(sp) just say that conference realignment calmed down?
giphy.gif

I'd take Baylor and TCU ... get in the door in Texas recruiting I can see the BIG looking at a Iowa state and Kansas and then move Purdue or Illinois

I get the attraction but this would surprise me with the expansion of the College Football Playoff on the horizon.
Why would Texas and Oklahoma take a guaranteed trip to the CFP and throw it away to finish 3rd in a division and end up I. Orlando playing in the Outback Bowl rather than the Sugar?

Now if there are other dominoes to fall where the Big Ten, ACC and PAC were on the verge of adding 2 teams then I could see it.
for sure the top 2 teams in each SEC division will make it and probably top 3 in each division ... the tv contract would be off the rails

Here's how it's gonna shake out by the time the 12-team playoff goes down:
SEC WestSEC EastBig Ten EastBig Ten WestACC NorthACC SouthPac 16 WestPac 16 EastMWC
TexasAlabamaMarylandIllinoisBoston CollegeMiamiWashingtonUtahKansas State
OklahomaAuburnRutgersNorthwesternSyracuseFlorida StateWashington St.Colorado
Texas A&MTennesseeOhio StateWisconsinPittsburghGeorgia TechOregonArizona
MissouriKentuckyPenn StateMinnesotaWest VirginiaClemsonOregon StateArizona State
ArkansasVanderbiltMichiganIowaLouisvilleNorth CarolinaCaliforniaTexas Tech
LSUSouth CarolinaMichigan StateNebraskaNotre DameNC StateStanfordBaylor
MississippiGeorgiaPurdueIowa StateVirginiaWake ForestUCLATCU
Mississippi St.FloridaIndianaKansasVirginia TechDukeUSCOklahoma State

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Texas OU to SEC Iowa state KU to the BIG West Virginia Okie state to ACC Baylor TCU to the PAC sorry Texas tech and K state

for sure the top 2 teams in each SEC division will make it and probably top 3 in each division ... the tv contract would be off the rails
Impossible, but nice try. The proposal calls for one conference champ from six leagues, the third place division runner up, or whatever you wanna call it, is going to have at least two losses, potentially three or four. They will get four teams, but not six

Impossible, but nice try. The proposal calls for one conference champ from six leagues, the third place division runner up, or whatever you wanna call it, is going to have at least two losses, potentially three or four. They will get four teams, but not six
so your going to take a 2 loss PAC team over a 3 loss SEC team ? I hate the SEC but they will get in more than they should

Reactions: jetflyer93
Texas doesn’t make it now.
It wont be Texas but you will have OU Bama Georgia Florida and a different random every year because the 6 at large go to the highest ranked and the SEC ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt

Can I get a roll call of all the HOL members who have been pining for the Big 12 lately? We'd be left holding our dorks like the rest of the conference if the Red River circle jerk jumps ship.
Never, and I mean never Trust the Whorns. The little b_tches of the Big 12 now wish they had supported Nebraska.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Kansas - I can see them in the B1G....Iowa State, eh just don't see it.

Kansas State - forget it
Oklahoma State - long shot, B1G ain't taking a SEC little brother
TCU Baylor Texas Tech - don't see it
West Virginia - probably best chance outside of Kansas

Notre Dame - I think B1G would ask, ND would say no thanks, we're good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT