ADVERTISEMENT

TERRENCE LEWIS - 2021 LB Recruit

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
What're our chances of landing this talented linebacker recruit out of Hollywood, FL? Do you think Frost and company can close the deal with this recruit?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It appears at the moment it’s Texas AM and the Huskers with a slight lead. Plus side is he wants to get out of Florida to play college football (KeShawn Greene rings a bell here). I honestly think it comes down to AM and us. He also wants to play right out of the gates and he knows AM and Huskers is his best shot. Hopefully we absolutely blow him away on his visit. GBR

Oh and it doesn’t hurt we have 2 of his former teammates this past season on our team (or will have anyways) in Ronald Delancy 3 and Marcus Fleming. You know those 2 are in his ears.

Last edited:
He's a "must get" type. Don't ask me what that means.

i agree with this. Having a guy like Lewis along side players like KeShawn Green, Nick Henrichs, and Randolph Kpai will absolutely turn this defense around. We are already loading up the talent at DB. But getting a guy like Lewis to add with our other guys at LB...that’s game changing talent. We won’t have those 240-250 pounds LBs but we will have a bunch of 215-225 pound speed demon LBs.

Yeah, but they haven’t done much since Jimbo took over. Which begs the question of how much was he given vs built at Florida State..?

Reactions: baseball31ne
They had arguably the toughest schedule in the country last year and they still got more wins than us.
Yet again, Texass A&M wasn’t in a bad boat for athletes when Jimbo took over there either. Let’s see what he does in a few more years.

99.9999999999% chance he goes elsewhere.

Hope I'm wrong.

At this very moment it appears Huskers and AM are his co leaders (it’s ever so slight leaders but still the leaders). The biggest thing we have going for us is immediate playing time and having two teammates on our team. If i remember right, we have a chance to land a another player from that team as well this years class.

Reactions: CatColumbia
If this guy is the top LB in the country, then he will challenge for playing time where ever he goes. No offense, immediate playing time doesn't help Nebraska when you are dealing with high 4 star and 5 star recruits. Simply put, if a guy is that good, he plays anywhere.

it actually does. If the man see a team loading up with Top 25 5 star talent at that same position over and over the past 2-3 years straight and you see this other team that hasn’t and only managed a few Top 250 prospects??? That tells you he will have that position locked down. He even says it directly in quotes he loves his chances of playing immediately as a Husker. But I get your point and I do agree. His talents will have him playing anywhere he goes regardless of team.

it actually does. If the man see a team loading up with Top 25 5 star talent at that same position over and over the past 2-3 years straight and you see this other team that hasn’t and only managed a few Top 250 prospects??? That tells you he will have that position locked down. He even says it directly in quotes he loves his chances of playing immediately as a Husker. But I get your point and I do agree. His talents will have him playing anywhere he goes regardless of team.

No it really doesn't. If it mattered that much, the same 10 teams wouldn't have the top 10 classes every year. There would be 30 or 35 schools that would rotate in those ratings. Top 5 players after top 5 players go to the same school year after year. Those dudes don't care about competition or who is there already.

You want him to come to Nebraska, as do I, but you are trying to validate your opinion based on hopes not based on anything pertinent or real.

Are our coaches taking time off during Covid? Have not heard one positive news directed our way (aside from the Utah kid). I swear if I hear Fidone is leaning elsewhere I will lose it.

You should probably just stay off here just in case

Are our coaches taking time off during Covid? Have not heard one positive news directed our way (aside from the Utah kid). I swear if I hear Fidone is leaning elsewhere I will lose it.
I wondered the same. About our plan and recruiting in general during covid, not Fidone, as much.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I wondered the same. About our plan and recruiting in general during covid, not Fidone, as much.

I'm OK with not getting recruits right now, I understand that our strongest asset is gameday experience so I expected Covid to slow down our recruiting for a few months but how are all these other schools doing so well just on virtual tours? It's a head scratcher.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT