ADVERTISEMENT

TERRENCE LEWIS - 2021 LB Recruit

I'm OK with not getting recruits right now, I understand that our strongest asset is gameday experience so I expected Covid to slow down our recruiting for a few months but how are all these other schools doing so well just on virtual tours? It's a head scratcher.

to be honest I’m wonder the same thing. It seems like these other teams are still hitting it hard and we haven’t had much traction at all and we hear barely anything on the recruiting front.

Not having a Spring Game will really hurt our 2021 class. The staff does a good job when they get the recruits and parents on campus. But their style does not translate well to "virtual recruiting".

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
to be honest I’m wonder the same thing. It seems like these other teams are still hitting it hard and we haven’t had much traction at all and we hear barely anything on the recruiting front.

Tennessee's coach is a relentless recruiter who can sell immediate playing time and a chance to help bring a storied program back with the steady progress he has showed as HC. Frost cannot do that yet, unfortunately. Kids these days do pay attention to winning teams more often than not...

Also I don't know if it's true or not, but many of the kids (including Lewis) Tennessee is recruiting have character or off the field concerns that made other big time programs more hesitant at recruiting them.

Tennessee's coach is a relentless recruiter who can sell immediate playing time and a chance to help bring a storied program back with the steady progress he has showed as HC. Frost cannot do that yet, unfortunately. Kids these days do pay attention to winning teams more often than not...

Also I don't know if it's true or not, but many of the kids (including Lewis) Tennessee is recruiting have character or off the field concerns that made other big time programs more hesitant at recruiting them.

I have nothing but respect for Tennessee, I have always liked them. But Tennessee has been down as long as my Huskers have been. You guys did manage an 8-5 record last year but side that and few other wins...you guys might actually been more down then my Huskers have been the past couple decades.

Both teams can sale playing time and help bringing a team back to the top again. Your guys Head Coach already had talent in place for him, your previous head coaches were recruiting at a decent to a high level (anywhere from Top 5 to Top 15 range). Huskers, not so much. All Tennessee ever needed was a solid to good Head Coach and you guys are golden. The talent was already there.

Last edited:
Not been a good spring. spring Practice/game cancelled, recruiting seems to have gone stale and now a law suit. Not much momentum for this program right now.

I have nothing but respect for Tennessee, I have always liked them. But Tennessee has been down as long as my Huskers have been. You guys did manage an 8-5 record last year but side that and few other wins...you guys might actually been more down then my Huskers have been the past couple decades.

Both teams can sale playing time and help bringing a team back to the top again. Your guys Head Coach already had talent in place for him, your previous head coaches were recruiting at a decent to a high level (anywhere from Top 5 to Top 15 range). Huskers, not so much. All Tennessee ever needed was a solid to good Head Coach and you guys are golden. The talent was already there.

I live in TN, but I HATE the Vols. Hearing about all of this recruiting success this past week all over the radio and news makes me want to puke. Looks like they finally decided to do things the $EC way

I have nothing to base it on, but I feel like there will be a much higher than normal rate of decommitments once things start to open up a little bit corona-wise
Would make sense. So many guys committing to places sight unseen, they will all want to make visits once they can. Honestly, I would consider anyone that has committed without visiting a soft commit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT