ADVERTISEMENT

Team awards

Wow, best player on the team and 2nd team All-American couldn't crack the Husker football awards :p Laughing

Reactions: TheNewNU
Cletus award

is this the origin of the “cletus/cleti” reference that is often used in this forum? Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: TopGun_
Team votes for these right?
I think so. Wandale may have ruffled some feathers of the older players. Often these awards are nothing more than popularity contests. That said, Jaimes IS an extremely important piece and he played through injury. He's a very good tackle and we REALLY would have been screwed without him. Good for him. There'll be plenty of awards to come for Wandale.

Well if they have a Cletus award, then they should have a Warren Alfson award for the best redshirt player (or maybe rename the scout team awards).

Yeah, the best players at the position didnt necessarily win.

I think Darrion Daniels was our best DLineman, although Khalil was pretty close. WanDale was our most electric player, but there isnt a spot for that.

Not sure Jaimes was our offensive MVP, but I guess that says a lot about how our offense was this year. Is there not a DB of the year? Wonder who would have won that one? Based on how the other awards played out, Bootle? I say that because it doesnt look like anyone won multiple awards, and Taylor-Britt and Jackson won other awards. Or does CTB get that and Lifter of the year goes to someone else.

Distraction of the Year - toss up between Maurice Washington and Controversy around Adrian vs {Insert Backup QB name here}

OOHH, that seems like a fun thread. Best {insert title here} of 2019. I mean it IS the offseason. Maybe that can be our January theme.

Farniok is the offensive lineman of the year, and I’m dating Gabriel Union right now.
Some of these awards are nothing more than recognition for how hard the coaches think they worked it appears. Personally I think they're dumb and aren't maybe good for team chemistry. Lifter of the year I like. The rest smack of participation ribbons to me.

Reactions: TheNewNU
may I just say how awesome it is that the player award that most likely puts the cletuses of the fan base into an orgasmic frenzy (the native son award) is actually named after a guy named Cletus.

Coaches select
Wonder what the coaches see in Farniok???????????
Good lord, did he get OL for the year for his consistent false start penalties earlier in the year, or his whiffing on blocks, or his inability to stay on blocks? Or a trifecta of the three? For f sake, it took this Captain almost the whole season to take to Austin's coaching, according to Austin, to improve upon what he needed to, develop better habits and improve his craft

excited to see the TE called out for scout team honors during his transfer year

really hope we see a lot of him next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT