ADVERTISEMENT

When's the last time you felt good about a NU team in season.

Bo Pelini, T-Mart years. We were pretty good back then. Should have never fired the guy.. should have never moved to the B1G either.

That is where it all started to fall apart again.
interesting comment Nicki. Have been a second tier Husker fan for 60 years. OU guy but loved the Switzer-Osborne rivalry and all the great games for so many years. Not like the UT hate. But Rhule did a great job with the Baylor guys. Might bring them back. You folks just need a a QB.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
And starting to wonder if this happens to OU in the SEC. Get the desire for an extra $20 million. But are the Huskers better off after taking the extra Big 10 bucks? Get your school can hire more DEI admins. Just being an old wise guy.

interesting comment Nicki. Have been a second tier Husker fan for 60 years. OU guy but loved the Switzer-Osborne rivalry and all the great games for so many years. Not like the UT hate. But Rhule did a great job with the Baylor guys. Might bring them back. You folks just need a a QB.
I think one of the things that really hurt the program was leaving the Big 12. We had a long history with most of the conference members, sans the Texas based schools.

When we came into the Big Ten, there was no history to fall back on, and a lack of identity. Everyone in the conference took their shots and we had problems recruiting too (some blame Bo, probably rightfully).

I hope your move to the SEC goes smoother, but realize that the new conference teams don't have a history of getting their butts kicked by OU year after year.. so they are all going to believe that they have a shot.

Hope Rhule figures it out, but I'm not impressed so far. Defensively we are ok it seems.

And starting to wonder if this happens to OU in the SEC. Get the desire for an extra $20 million. But are the Huskers better off after taking the extra Big 10 bucks? Get your school can hire more DEI admins. Just being an old wise guy.
Oh there is a growing list of people, (still small though), that want out of this conference. We are not a cultural fit with the B1G in my opinion. What good is the money if you destroy the golden goose?

Last time I felt great about a Husker team in-season? 2013, and it was short lived. I really thought Taylor Martinez was going to light it up that year and get us to the Rose Bowl at the very least. Then the UCLA game happened and that was it.

2016 was fun at first, but we all knew that fast start and ranking was smoke and mirrors.

I never had confidence in a Frost team in-season. Not once.

Last time I felt great about a Husker team in-season? 2013, and it was short lived. I really thought Taylor Martinez was going to light it up that year and get us to the Rose Bowl at the very least. Then the UCLA game happened and that was it.

2016 was fun at first, but we all knew that fast start and ranking was smoke and mirrors.

I never had confidence in a Frost team in-season. Not once.
100%. I felt really great about NU in 2010 until the Texas game happened. Just sucked. Once Martinez got his legs taken away we lost our shot at everything that year. If we beat Texas and Martinez doesn't get hurt.... Coulda woulda shoulda.

It was definitely during Pelini's tenure. For all his faults, I went into every season feeling the team had a legit shot at winning a conference title. I haven't had that same level of confidence in the team since.

For me the last time I felt good about a NU team was 2014 (almost 10 years) when the team had Abdullah getting some heisman hype, they beat Miami, and were doing well. This was before getting blown out by WI and pelini being eventually fired.

I felt great right after the 2010 KSU game… then also pretty damn good the moment we went up 17-0 on Oklahoma in the CCG that year….
Been a tough mutherf*cker ever since
I guess I was happy here too so I change from 2009 to 2010

Looking back it sounds insane, but after Frost started 0-6 I went to the Minnesota game and watched NU take the Gophers apart. At 1-6 I as thinking, "Okay, now it's clicking. Frost is going to win a lot of games." Everyone in the country was like, "How the hell is this team 1-6?"

It was a mirage. A very, very brief one.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Feeling pretty good about currently leading the nation in sacks and top ten rushing defense.

Just wish we could be excited about our offense to go along with that... Because we'd be glad to be 2-0 now if it were

He never turned the defense over to anyone. Period.
are you sure? Then why did he have a defensive coordinator?

If I recall correctly, Bo was being groomed on how to be a better head coach, and part of that was some anger management, but also letting his assistants do their jobs and not micro managing.

I think he was being told to give up those things, and as he did, we also moved into the B1G, which is built a little different.. those two things culminated in the defense not being able to stop the run in that late part of his time here.

Tuesday night when the women beat Stanford in Palo Alto for the first time ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT