ADVERTISEMENT

Teachers behaving badly

they’ve been a thing for a couple decades now. Basic track record - they’re proven to be a success basically anywhere until libs become hysterical enough to legislate their removal. Teachers Unions, as I KNOW you’re aware, typically get what they want eventually just via a certain threshold of Volume and Hysteria.

They are established as an alternative to crap public schools, which AGREE (and as stated) are more often gonna be in bigger cities (keeping also in mind there are a LOT of smaller blue jurisdictions with equally shitty schools- LPS being an example)… the majority of students in the US are in cities. The majority of those schools are lib indoctrination factories.

School vouchers do NOT cost the taxpayer (you) anymore money, as far as I know. I’ll be wrong on that if anyone here wants to prove otherwise; wouldn’t change my opinion otherwise. Saving kids doesn’t have a price, IMHO. They’re just removing the money from the public coffers and giving it as a voucher that parents can spend at a better, private school.

I went to public and then private for part of HS (1980s/90s)… it wasn’t expensive. I just had to drive. Basically changed my life by learning some very basic good study habits that I’d NEVER have gotten from public school. Fact. Better habits, better prepped for college = better chance higher education turns out to be a good investment. Look how often parents/kids waste money on college degrees anymore? (Woke studies don’t pay for shit, ever…)

Yeah it’s harder for inner city kids. Parenting sucks, good teachers don’t wanna teach there… if nothing else privatization would allow what basically becomes a business to get rid of ineffective teachers or those with a political axe to grind, and replace them for someone with their shit together and pay them WHAT THEY’RE WORTH, which is I’m sure a helluva lot MORE than what they’d be getting from Gubmint. What good teachers are getting paid is a travesty. What shitty teachers are getting paid is a true waste of taxpayer money, and should be a crime.
How many kids do you personally know from a "lib indoctrination factory"? It's weird that I know several kids who recently graduated from LPS and OPS and none are liberal. Strange. What's also strange is all the teachers I know are hard-core Republicans but one. The one who is liberal teaches in a small-town. Which is also in direct contrast to the stereotypes on here. It's almost as if people just generalize based on what they want to believe.

National trend. Lol. Sounds like the furry litter box thing people are all worked up about. It's always a couple towns away. Close enough that people have heard of the town but far enough away people won't know anyone to disprove it.

The private school thing is another long line of weird stuff that middle class rural people now support, in direct contrast to how they live. East coast elites sure are good at tricking Midwest rural folks....
C’mon dude. There has been an OBVIOUS and PURPOSEFUL trend (steady march) toward lib activism within public schools… like since the inception of the concept of public schools. Exponentially so since the 60’s.

Remember how we used to stand and recite the pledge of allegiance? Dare to utter the word ‘God’? Specifically referencing the Christian God? There was ZERO even discussion of BS like CRT and gender ‘fluidity’. Shit I got spanked in Elementary school. The principal, and he meant f’ing business, lol…

Now, you’d get FOR SURE in a pile of shit by refusing to Misgender a ‘gender confused’ person (aka using their CORRECT gender), making any public display of one’s faith… how is effective discipline of a child even carried out without the threat of litigation anymore? Can you confiscate your students’ cell phones for using them in the classroom? Are you saying there hasn’t been a measurable (and purposeful) departure from focus on math & science and increase in focus on ‘arts’ and social issues in the last couple generations? What % of public school teachers nationwide are lib vs conservative? Party affiliation should NEVER come into play in a school. Ever. And it doesn’t always. But it also does a lot of the time.

You CAN’T SAY this isn’t happening. You also can’t say it ain’t purposeful. People have published countless articles on exactly HOW to push society radically left, albeit very slowly, via… (wait for it…) PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Look around you. You’re seeing why.

Last edited:
How many kids do you personally know from a "lib indoctrination factory"? It's weird that I know several kids who recently graduated from LPS and OPS and none are liberal. Strange. What's also strange is all the teachers I know are hard-core Republicans but one. The one who is liberal teaches in a small-town. Which is also in direct contrast to the stereotypes on here. It's almost as if people just generalize based on what they want to believe.
I wish I’d attended your school when I was in public. Can’t speak intelligently as to why yours is different, other than yours doesn’t fit the mold of public education in an urban center.

Know a lot of LPS kids just thru family, and the ones raised by active, involved conservative parents ALL of them would corroborate what I’m saying about LPS. The town I currently live/work, it’s a smaller (20k tops) VERY lib activist community… you’d think you were on a different planet based on what you’re saying. These people consider their views ‘mainstream’, and that may be part of the argument here, just recognizing the massive shifting of goalposts that’s occurred just in the last ~15-20y…

It sounds like you’re generalizing based on what you want to believe. Good work Iowegian.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
It sounds like you’re generalizing based on what you want to believe. Good work Iowegian.
Everyone does that to an extent… but literally anyone not personally invested in covering up the scam, not complicit in the desired end result or just straight up refusing to acknowledge it can see clearly differences in public education between 30-40 ago, and now, speaking strictly in terms of a) the political affiliation of those who constitute public education (it ain’t close, lol) and ESPECIALLY those in charge of making policy, and b) the result of this on what’s taught, what’s highlighted, and what’s excluded.

You're so bitter. I feel bad for people like you. So into politics it affects your life.

Generalizing? I haven't lived in Lincoln for 15 years but I still have a ton of family, friends, former neighbors, etc., that live in Lincoln. Literally not one is a liberal. Same for the kids. So people like you can continue with the scary narrative of a mass liberal indoctrination going on in Lincoln, while I will base my opinion on people I know.

I didn't see you post your Husker resume. What's the problem? Doesn't stack up? Please tell me you aren't one of those people and you've never been to a game but act like super fan on here.

You're so bitter. I feel bad for people like you. So into politics it affects your life.

Generalizing? I haven't lived in Lincoln for 15 years but I still have a ton of family, friends, former neighbors, etc., that live in Lincoln. Literally not one is a liberal. Same for the kids. So people like you can continue with the scary narrative of a mass liberal indoctrination going on in Lincoln, while I will base my opinion on people I know.

I didn't see you post your Husker resume. What's the problem? Doesn't stack up? Please tell me you aren't one of those people and you've never been to a game but act like super fan on here.
Just another weird iowa troll.. how many accounts do you have? We need to find you a new pig to bang.

Dude Lincoln is a decidedly Lib town. Look who they elected as their mayor!! If you can't find lib activists in Lincoln, NE you're living in a hole, or you're just confabulating.

Walk into the LPS Building on O St. in a Donald Trump T-Shirt or MAGA hat and see how long you survive...

But GUYS, Ive know plenty of lunch servers at schools and NOT ONE of them has EVER groomed a child! Source? Well, you know, just take my word for it and stuff.

Well, this guy was obviously a predator within the public school system. Encouraging gender confusion (something done within the vast majority of public schools, but for sure not @cavalot ‘s school), ‘grooming’ or whatever you wanna call it, and just by statistics is (probably inadvertently) facilitating the advancement of specifically gender-confused BOYS into sex offenders. It’s been in the news, and guaranteed is a lot more prevalent than what’s been reported on.

Point is that Public Schooling is systematically destroying our kids. Unless you really like the look of these ‘GenZ’ kids as opposed to a generation ago…. IMHO the degradation has been slow & steady, OBVIOUS. It’s a vote for the abolition of public schools and the entire federal dept of Education. Shoulda happened decades ago. Wonder how different our country would look right now.
public school has been destroying kids for a long long time.. it's not something new.

now in Nebraska, some public schools *can* have some bright spots, on occasion, but most of the time in most places, public schools are really only about obtaining local property taxes and in return offering a substandard to bad education for any student that has to attend.

It's not even the curriculum that is necessarily the problem, but rather the environment and socialization that goes along with it, that horrifies me.

I would probably home school these days before I sent my child to a public school.

public school has been destroying kids for a long long time.. it's not something new.

now in Nebraska, some public schools *can* have some bright spots, on occasion, but most of the time in most places, public schools are really only about obtaining local property taxes and in return offering a substandard to bad education for any student that has to attend.

It's not even the curriculum that is necessarily the problem, but rather the environment and socialization that goes along with it, that horrifies me.

I would probably home school these days before I sent my child to a public school.
Yeah, I got emotional last night when my 2nd graders were reading. It's almost like a zombie situation. They go to public school, so at some point they will come home with a gender neutral friend, illerate, and unable to do basic math. I cherish the time I read with them now because I know it will regress at some point.

Pedo teachers just gotta pedo teacher. The ones that haven’t done it yet just make jokes and excuses. Like clockwork

they’ve been a thing for a couple decades now. Basic track record - they’re proven to be a success basically anywhere until libs become hysterical enough to legislate their removal. Teachers Unions, as I KNOW you’re aware, typically get what they want eventually just via a certain threshold of Volume and Hysteria.

They are established as an alternative to crap public schools, which AGREE (and as stated) are more often gonna be in bigger cities (keeping also in mind there are a LOT of smaller blue jurisdictions with equally shitty schools- LPS being an example)… the majority of students in the US are in cities. The majority of those schools are lib indoctrination factories.

School vouchers do NOT cost the taxpayer (you) anymore money, as far as I know. I’ll be wrong on that if anyone here wants to prove otherwise; wouldn’t change my opinion otherwise. Saving kids doesn’t have a price, IMHO. They’re just removing the money from the public coffers and giving it as a voucher that parents can spend at a better, private school.

I went to public and then private for part of HS (1980s/90s)… it wasn’t expensive. I just had to drive. Basically changed my life by learning some very basic good study habits that I’d NEVER have gotten from public school. Fact. Better habits, better prepped for college = better chance higher education turns out to be a good investment. Look how often parents/kids waste money on college degrees anymore? (Woke studies don’t pay for shit, ever…)

Yeah it’s harder for inner city kids. Parenting sucks, good teachers don’t wanna teach there… if nothing else privatization would allow what basically becomes a business to get rid of ineffective teachers or those with a political axe to grind, and replace them for someone with their shit together and pay them WHAT THEY’RE WORTH, which is I’m sure a helluva lot MORE than what they’d be getting from Gubmint. What good teachers are getting paid is a travesty. What shitty teachers are getting paid is a true waste of taxpayer money, and should be a crime.
I don't have a disagreement with what you've said except one thing. School vouchers don't cost the taxpayer....

If someone "gives" something, it has to be "taken " from somewhere. In this case it's the government which will either be federal or state. In Gov Pillens bill it would be state funding in the form of tax credits given to organizations that provide scholarships to students to attend private school. The bill calls for up to 50 million dollars of tax credits.

According to an article by news channel Nebraska, the bill is estimated to cost the state of Nebraska an estimated 93 million dollars over 3 years.

My question to you is where does the funding come from? I haven't seen the answer either. If it was a direct shift of state aid to public schools who lose students to private who gain, that offset would be zero. However I'm not interpreting the bill to be that way.

I'm not against the idea, and Nebraska is doing very well financially with funds in the capital. That doesn't mean it's not bloated and couldn't but trimmed. I just don't think you'll get support to pass the bill if it's going to be zero sum or negative funding to public schools. Won't get enough votes to pass it. More total dollars to education will be the only way they'll get enough votes.

Reactions: moralvictories
Well, it IS happening. There is proof out there. And Google aint your friend here either. They are complicit. It may not have happened where youre at or been, but its a bold new clownshow out there.
I too am an educator. In my 25 years I have not seen any of this. It is not my place to talk to them about it but making teachers out to be villains is a huge reach. I know teachers in PA, ILL, AZ, MD, SC, and North Carolina and not one has said anything about this kind of stuff happening. And if it is , it is a small percentage of teachers doing that

Reactions: Huskerpro
poster staring GIF by South Park

I don't have a disagreement with what you've said except one thing. School vouchers don't cost the taxpayer....

If someone "gives" something, it has to be "taken " from somewhere. In this case it's the government which will either be federal or state. In Gov Pillens bill it would be state funding in the form of tax credits given to organizations that provide scholarships to students to attend private school. The bill calls for up to 50 million dollars of tax credits.

According to an article by news channel Nebraska, the bill is estimated to cost the state of Nebraska an estimated 93 million dollars over 3 years.

My question to you is where does the funding come from? I haven't seen the answer either. If it was a direct shift of state aid to public schools who lose students to private who gain, that offset would be zero. However I'm not interpreting the bill to be that way.

I'm not against the idea, and Nebraska is doing very well financially with funds in the capital. That doesn't mean it's not bloated and couldn't but trimmed. I just don't think you'll get support to pass the bill if it's going to be zero sum or negative funding to public schools. Won't get enough votes to pass it. More total dollars to education will be the only way they'll get enough votes.
Basic description-

“States offer school voucher programs as a way to give parents choices in what school their child attends. Parents receive funds to use toward the cost of private school. (Not all states allow vouchers to be used at schools affiliated with a religion, however.) In some cases, they may also be used for homeschooling.
The typical dollar amount of a voucher varies, but it almost always falls short of the cost of a private school. Parents have to pay the difference between the voucher amount and the school’s tuition. Some private schools may agree not to charge more than the amount of the voucher, though.
This funding is removed from the public schools and given to the private schools. (It’s typically less than what a state allocated per student.) Vouchers can be a controversial topic in some communities.”

Sounds like a pretty f*cking good idea to me, in literally every way.

If people can send their kids to the school in the next town over, or across town (99% of time for sports reasons)… people should get some of their tax money back to make the same type of decisions.
OR… we can start requiring people to pay double taxes when they send their kids somewhere out of their own public school district.
Seems fair to me

Reactions: dinglefritz
Define your terms of liberal and conservative please.

I’ve worked with kids over over a decade from several Omaha area schools and yeah there are kids who’ve certainly said there are teachers who push agendas that resembles things seen on Twitter that are definitely pro-BLM the national organization and national alphabet mafia, their words. Is it all their classes, no but the number isn’t an exceptionally low number either.

If people can send their kids to the school in the next town over, or across town (99% of time for sports reasons)… people should get some of their tax money back to make the same type of decisions.
OR… we can start requiring people to pay double taxes when they send their kids somewhere out of their own public school district.
Seems fair to me
Can't say that I disagree with the take on going to another school district. Greatly increases bussing costs at a time when its hard enough to find bus drivers.

Define your terms of liberal and conservative please.

I’ve worked with kids over over a decade from several Omaha area schools and yeah there are kids who’ve certainly said there are teachers who push agendas that resembles things seen on Twitter that are definitely pro-BLM the national organization and national alphabet mafia, their words. Is it all their classes, no but the number isn’t an exceptionally low number either.
I was asked to not engage in politics.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
It’s ok, he will just ban and erase threads whenever his narrative can’t be defended. It’s really not a big deal. He’s not some law enforcement official, contrary to how he may view himself.
I figure I'm not a mod so if they messaged me and asked me to stop I may as well try not to.

Basic description-

“States offer school voucher programs as a way to give parents choices in what school their child attends. Parents receive funds to use toward the cost of private school. (Not all states allow vouchers to be used at schools affiliated with a religion, however.) In some cases, they may also be used for homeschooling.
The typical dollar amount of a voucher varies, but it almost always falls short of the cost of a private school. Parents have to pay the difference between the voucher amount and the school’s tuition. Some private schools may agree not to charge more than the amount of the voucher, though.
This funding is removed from the public schools and given to the private schools. (It’s typically less than what a state allocated per student.) Vouchers can be a controversial topic in some communities.”

Sounds like a pretty f*cking good idea to me, in literally every way.
That doesn't describe the plan in front of the Nebraska legislature on behalf of gov pillen.

And by what you posted, yes taxes would increase. If you're taking away state aid, then property taxes go up to make up the lost state aid.

If enough students leave staff could be trimmed but only so far and if there's duplication. Sometimes referred to as a fixed cost of doing business/overhead.

That doesn't describe the plan in front of the Nebraska legislature on behalf of gov pillen.

And by what you posted, yes taxes would increase. If you're taking away state aid, then property taxes go up to make up the lost state aid.

If enough students leave staff could be trimmed but only so far and if there's duplication. Sometimes referred to as a fixed cost of doing business/overhead.
a) Nebraska legislature kinda sucks. They haven’t done shit to actually improve the state.
b) all for curbing ‘state aid’. Anything that gives Gubmint less of our money and puts it in the hands of parents to spend as they see fit for the betterment of their kids, it’s a good thing.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
a) Nebraska legislature kinda sucks. They haven’t done shit to actually improve the state.
b) all for curbing ‘state aid’. Anything that gives Gubmint less of our money and puts it in the hands of parents to spend as they see fit for the betterment of their kids, it’s a good thing.
Lincoln is a perfect storm of crap considering a ton of voters either work for UNL, or the state. They will never vote to take away their inflated wages or phony jobs.

“The students should have told each other about her”
“This rarely happens, so no big deal”

Pretty soon the teachers Union will be full on saying “so what if we have a bunch of pedophiles trying to molest kids, they deserve it because their parents didn’t stop it from happening. Just let them be what their lifestyle is, they were born like that so there’s nothing to do anyway”.

“The students should have told each other about her”
“This rarely happens, so no big deal”

Pretty soon the teachers Union will be full on saying “so what if we have a bunch of pedophiles trying to molest kids, they deserve it because their parents didn’t stop it from happening. Just let them be what their lifestyle is, they were born like that so there’s nothing to do anyway”.
Is your kid getting molested at school really an actual concern? People on this site sure do have some weird schools. Or maybe weird kids. I don't know.

I worry about my elementary school kids getting in trouble on the bus or not getting a perfect spelling test. Apparently people on this site worry about their children getting molested or coming home a different gender. Maybe I just don't stress out enough?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Is your kid getting molested at school really an actual concern? People on this site sure do have some weird schools. Or maybe weird kids. I don't know.

I worry about my elementary school kids getting in trouble on the bus or not getting a perfect spelling test. Apparently people on this site worry about their children getting molested or coming home a different gender. Maybe I just don't stress out enough?
Nah, that’s just another reason to get your kids away from LPS poison. You do you, I’ll parent how I see fit, and not let the hyper political teachers Union stand in the way of a decent education.
That’s why we need school choice and vouchers. I choose to not subject my kids to the poison at LPS, so we shouldn’t be paying for the rest of the kids in this town’s indoctrination.

Nah, that’s just another reason to get your kids away from LPS poison. You do you, I’ll parent how I see fit, and not let the hyper political teachers Union stand in the way of a decent education.
That’s why we need school choice and vouchers. I choose to not subject my kids to the poison at LPS, so we shouldn’t be paying for the rest of the kids in this town’s indoctrination.
LPS.....aren't they the purple penguins

So you are worried about it? And you are worried about your kids being brainwashed? So strange to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT