ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers trade Kenny Pickett to Eagles

Cheap and easy way to snag a serviceable backup by simply moving down 22 spots from Round 3 to 4. Two more years on a rookie deal for Kenny Pickett, a former 1st rounder and local kid. Eagles needed to replace Marcus Mediocre, so this gives them someone with at least some potential upside.

I wasn't sure if Pickett was going to be the answer or not. Glad to see the Steelers decide he wasn't and be decisive about it at least.

Wilson is now the obvious starter with no QB controversy between him and Pickett.

I wasn't sure if Pickett was going to be the answer or not. Glad to see the Steelers decide he wasn't and be decisive about it at least.

Wilson is now the obvious starter with no QB controversy between him and Pickett.
Let's see if they sign Mason Rudolph. Seems like they like him over Pickett with this move. Basically gave away their 1st rd pick from 2 years ago.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Hope Wilson has something left and isn’t a locker room cancer.
He has a little bit left, but I can’t see him elevating them above 500. He’s on a one year deal so they will definitely be drafting a guy. I predict Penix to the Steelers.

Reactions: OO Snipes
He has a little bit left, but I can’t see him elevating them above 500. He’s on a one year deal so they will definitely be drafting a guy. I predict Penix to the Steelers.
The Steelers had plenty of draft needs before trading away a starting WR and a QB this week. Now suddenly, all of those needs (OT, center, CB, DT, safety), are being put on the back burner by Steelers fans who think we must go QB & WR at the top of the draft in order to replace what we just lost. I say "stay the course"... this draft has a half dozen franchise OTs-- take one in the first. If every tackle is picked, then there should be a stud corner still available. There are four centers that I have heard mentioned as 1st/2nd round values. If all four centers are gone by pick 51, there should be a monster DT available or a CB who slid, or the best safety & inside LB could be still on the board. There are a ton of WRs-- they can get a good one in the third. In short, let the draft fall to you.

As for Penix, I like him. But the injuries scare me. And the recent track record of 2nd tier QBs in the draft has not been good. So I'm leery of drafting him even at 51.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Apparently, "Mittens" is a bit of a baby. Now that he's been traded, the Steelers admitted that he refused to dress out as a backup QB to Mason Rudolph in Seattle last year. And his reaction to having to compete with Russell Wilson for the starting job was essentially a temper tantrum.

• Sad
Apparently, "Mittens" is a bit of a baby. Now that he's been traded, the Steelers admitted that he refused to dress out as a backup QB to Mason Rudolph in Seattle last year. And his reaction to having to compete with Russell Wilson for the starting job was essentially a temper tantrum.
Not a good look for him in the Not For Long league. Good luck securing the job from Jalen Hurts, a consummate pro with insane athleticism and work ethic 😅.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Decisive move by the Steelers. Pickett might still become serviceable, but I really respect the decision. Didn’t let it linger and ‘hope’ for development like so many other teams would.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Decisive move by the Steelers. Pickett might still become serviceable, but I really respect the decision. Didn’t let it linger and ‘hope’ for development like so many other teams would.
This x 10. So sad to watch teams that can't move on from obviously bad picks.

Reactions: jteten
He needed to be humbled but I expect him to be a starter again at some point. The Steelers HAVE to fix their O line. Tomlin seems to not care about that.

They traded for Fields as a backup to Wilson. 🤪🤪🤪🤪😢. Only gave up a 6th so it wasn’t a total waste of the future, just a short term self inflicted injury.

Fields and Wilson competing, did the Ravens send in a plant in the personnel room?

• Wow
They traded for Fields as a backup to Wilson. 🤪🤪🤪🤪😢. Only gave up a 6th so it wasn’t a total waste of the future, just a short term self inflicted injury.

Fields and Wilson competing, did the Ravens send in a plant in the personnel room?
Wow. Meanwhile the Vikings have Darnold…..😒

Wouldn’t that be the Bears?

Exchanging one shitty guy for another isn’t exactly “moving on”
I applaud the Bears as well. I think Pickett is a dud. I'm not as down on Fields as most on this board. Haven't watched Wilson much the last few years, or really ever but obviously he is an upgrade from Pickett.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT