ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford VB dominating UT

RedSea

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 18, 2001
2-0 after two sets. Hard to get a close match in these last couple rounds.

Glad they lost but it is bittersweet.

I sincerely couldn't watch more than five minutes of that match because of what happened Thursday.

To lose to that school in Austin lose the repeat and lose the Rolfzens...it is devastating. I'm still bitter, I won't lie. It will sting for a while because chances like that don't come often

And without the Rolfzens and Orantes I doubt we see the Four much less an NC in 2017

Shame to lose having won it all last year with so many players back. But the team seemed to run out of gas a little bit at the end. They faced 18 ranked teams this season, including seven on the road.

But the program is still in great shape. They will always recruit well, and it is just a matter of time before they win another one.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I dont think having that brutal of a schedule is going to pay off most times.

It is hard to win it all in modern volleyball. My goodness there is so much talent out there and so many good teams. Once you hit the playoffs you have to string together a run of several wins against a ton of good teams. One mediocre night and you are toast. I too am disappointed we did not win it all but what a great season! And don't forget we won the B1G. That, by itself, is a huge accomplishment.

Glad they lost but it is bittersweet.

I sincerely couldn't watch more than five minutes of that match because of what happened Thursday.

To lose to that school in Austin lose the repeat and lose the Rolfzens...it is devastating. I'm still bitter, I won't lie. It will sting for a while because chances like that don't come often

And without the Rolfzens and Orantes I doubt we see the Four much less an NC in 2017

C'mon...losing the repeat being devastating? A little overly-dramatic wouldn't ya say, when we weren't even remotely close to getting the repeat. Devastating would be if it were actually a close contest against Texas, or a close contest against Stanford. But this one was over when we stepped on the court with them this time. We played poorly, and the result was getting stomped.

Last edited:
C'mon...losing the repeat being devastating? A little overly-dramatic wouldn't ya say, when we weren't even remotely close to getting the repeat. Devastating would be if it were actually a close contest against Texas, or a close contest against Stanford. But this one was over when we stepped on the court with them this time. We played poorly, and the result was getting stomped.

Agreed...Stanford would have done the same thing to the Huskers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT