ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches with 0-2 start

CornHusker_635

Walk On
Dec 14, 2017
Can someone provide me a list of coaches that have won a conference championship after starting their tenure 0-2?

Edit: I posted this not to prove we made the wrong hire - but the opposite....we need time!

Last edited:
Here are some:

Bobby Bowden started 0-2 at FSU and went on to win 12 Conference Titles and 2 NCs.
Frank Broyles started 0-2 at Arkansas and won 7 Conference Championships and a NC.
Don James started 0-2 at Washington and went on to win 5 Conference Championships and a NC.
Lou Holtz started his first year 0-2 at ND and won a National Championship in his 3rd year.
Hayden Fry started 0-2 at Iowa and won 3 Conference Championships.
Bill Snyder started 0-2 at KSU and went on to win 2 Conference Titles.
Frank Beemer started 0-2 at VT and went on to win 7 Conference Titles.

Bill McCartney started 1-7-1 at Colorado and won 3 Conference Titles and 1 National Championship.
Barry Alverez went 1-10 his first year at Wisconsin and went on to win 3 Conference titles.
Pete Carroll started 1-3 at USC and won 7 Conference Titles and 2 National Championships.
Bear Bryant started 0-1-1 at Alabama and won 13 Conference and 6 National Championships. He also started 0-2 at aTm and won a Conference Title.

Last edited:
Here are some:

Bobby Bowden started 0-2 at FSU and went on to win 12 Conference Titles and 2 NCs.
Frank Broyles started 0-2 at Arkansas and won 7 Conference Championships and a NC.
Don James started 0-2 at Washington and went on to win 5 Conference Championships and a NC.
Lou Holtz started his first year 0-2 at ND and won a National Championship in his 3rd year.
Kirk Farentz started 0-2 at Iowa and claims 2 Conference titles.

Bill McCartney started 1-7-1 at Colorado and won 3 Conference Titles and 1 National Championship.
Barry Alverez went 1-10 his first year at Wisconsin and went on to win 3 Conference titles.
Pete Carroll started 1-3 at USC and won 7 Conference Titles and 2 National Championships.
Bear Bryant started 0-1-1 at Alabama and won 13 Conference and 6 National Championships. He also started 0-2 at aTm and won a Conference Title.
Way to crap on the OP’s ridiculous perception.

Good Game Handshake GIF by Gaming GIFs

Here are some:

Kirk Farentz started 0-2 at Iowa and claims 2 Conference Titles.

In 1981 TO was 1-2 he won the big 8 and played for a National championship

Here are some:

Kirk Farentz started 0-2 at Iowa and shares 2 Conference Titles.

FWIW

Reactions: headcard
Here are some:

Kirk Farentz started 0-2 at Iowa and claims 2 Conference Titles.

BOOOM BXTCH!!!!

Nebraska hasn't made a bowl game in 6 years and we are overreacting about a new coaching staff starting 0-2 when it opened with two away P5 games? Take step back from that ledge my friend
We didn't lose because our program was in shreds. We are 0-2 due to very poor GameDay coaching decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
I am not a heavy on this board and don't plan too be but have to ask.
What is the deal behind the absolute rudeness and just plain mean and classlessness by some? And a lot of it answering benign posts.

What is the deal behind the absolute rudeness and just plain mean and classlessness by some? And a lot of it answering benign posts.
Isn't directed at you but may answer your question

b64bf079-0d2e-4ce8-9a5d-8d48bb661f27_text.gif

Reactions: pascal
Truth be told? Certain posters only come out when things are bad. Certain posters only post negative stuff, or primarily negative stuff.

They aren’t hard to find.

And adding to what @timnsun said, there are also a lot of fans from other teams trolling this board posing as NU fans starting negative threads in a weak effort to talk shit about NU. (not saying OP that started this thread is one of them)

They usually aren't hard to find either. However, they also lead a lot of real posters just automatically assuming that anyone posting anything negative about NU must be one of them.

And adding to what @timnsun said, there are also a lot of fans from other teams trolling this board posing as NU fans starting negative threads in a weak effort to talk shit about NU. (not saying OP that started this thread is one of them)

They usually aren't hard to find either. However, they also lead a lot of real posters just automatically assuming that anyone posting anything negative about NU must be one of them.
I saw a thread where a guy simply relayed information about a change in TV time and was immediately met with a profane response. Then, of course, the weak minded dog pilers show up on que.

If you disagree with someone counter their point. Just accusing them of something you have no idea about or resorting to name-calling makes it look like you have no capability of a response.

What I know personally about each poster on this board is nothing. But I do know their opinions

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I saw a thread where a guy simply relayed information about a change in TV time and was immediately met with a profane response. Then, of course, the weak minded dog pilers show up on que.

If you disagree with someone counter their point. Just accusing them of something you have no idea about or resorting to name-calling makes it look like you have no capability of a response.

What I know personally about each poster on this board is nothing. But I do know their opinions

Which thread was that? You talking about the one where the Fox Big Noon Kickoff show for the Nebraska/Michigan game is likely not happening?

Should have used a winking emoji for Pascal…..😉

Yes. Did I miss some obvious egregious intent?

Yeah, that’s a knock on Nebraska because they’re supposed to be doing NU/Mich. Plus, to add insult to injury, the reason for it is because FOX is wanting to do the USC/CU game instead, which includes Deion who a lot of these guys hate. So, see reason above. Nothing to do with a simple change in TV schedule and everything to do with it being anti Nebraska and pro Deion. Get it?

Yeah, that’s a knock on Nebraska because they’re supposed to be doing NU/Mich. Plus, to add insult to injury, the reason for it is because FOX is wanting to do the USC/CU game instead, which includes Deion who a lot of these guys hate. So, see reason above. Nothing to do with a simple change in TV schedule and everything to do with it being anti Nebraska and pro Deion. Get it?
I get it even less now. Why was it met with profane attitudes? Why attack the messenger?

Nebraska hasn't made a bowl game in 6 years and we are overreacting about a new coaching staff starting 0-2 when it opened with two away P5 games? Take step back from that ledge my friend
Normally I'd agree but this coach just squeezed every $$ he could out of Neb. We could have got the same result for a 1/4 of Rhule's salary with wiggle room to 🔥 them. Imagine telling your boss you'll get the job done eventually after getting him to give a big raise. I just don't have any sympathy for Rhule and his pay should equal better results or he is just overpaid.

Normally I'd agree but this coach just squeezed every $$ he could out of Neb. We could have got the same result for a 1/4 of Rhule's salary with wiggle room to 🔥 them. Imagine telling your boss you'll get the job done eventually after getting him to give a big raise. I just don't have any sympathy for Rhule and his pay should equal better results or he is just overpaid.
Game 2. Again…

Game 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT