ADVERTISEMENT

ACC discussing about Cal and Stanford joining the conference

It's definitely a win for Michigan and OSU who apparently think it's too cold for night games in November. If Wasington and Oregon can help fill some of those prime time games then they added some value.
I’m sure nbc is thrilled 🤣

Honestly I just don't see jet travel as significantly worse for the players than bus trips. And what's a couple of more hours on a jet to travel a further distance. If anything Nebraska is better positioned in the center than those East coast teams to travel to the former PAC teams. For Nebraska how much worse is it traveling to Oregon or Washington than traveling to Rutgers or Maryland?

The bigger paycheck will more than cover bigger costs and those West Coast teams certainly will bring in more TV revenue than some long time B1G teams. Don't forget there are a lot of B1G alums living on the West Coast.
Travel is a non-issue for me. Players in the revenue generating sports all aspire to go pro so they better get to used to travel. If non revenue athletes don't like it they have plenty of places to transfer where they can ride on busses.

Trev should be working to get the Big 10 baseball tournament moved to Lincoln or Omaha. Pitch the central location and fan support.

I also don't think what happens these first couple of years will necessarily be how it looks in 10 years. Going to be some kinks to work out.

Travel is a non-issue for me. Players in the revenue generating sports all aspire to go pro so they better get to used to travel. If non revenue athletes don't like it they have plenty of places to transfer where they can ride on busses.

Trev should be working to get the Big 10 baseball tournament moved to Lincoln or Omaha. Pitch the central location and fan support.

I also don't think what happens these first couple of years will necessarily be how it looks in 10 years. Going to be some kinks to work out.
The B1G baseball tournament is in Omaha.

Honestly I just don't see jet travel as significantly worse for the players than bus trips. And what's a couple of more hours on a jet to travel a further distance. If anything Nebraska is better positioned in the center than those East coast teams to travel to the former PAC teams. For Nebraska how much worse is it traveling to Oregon or Washington than traveling to Rutgers or Maryland?

The bigger paycheck will more than cover bigger costs and those West Coast teams certainly will bring in more TV revenue than some long time B1G teams. Don't forget there are a lot of B1G alums living on the West Coast.
My experience traveling is it’s not that much different flying 1000 miles compared to 1500 or 2000. Getting ready, getting to the airport, parking unloading, standing in line, taxing to take off, taxing to your gate, unloading; getting to your hotel is all the same. the only add on is the extra hour for every 500 miles. My 5 hour trip to my hotel in Chicago takes 6 hours to Atlanta.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
365811601_10219451437551243_4411267208725570276_n.jpg
B1G energy lmao

They're just not that attractive for a football conference. Stanford checks all the boxes for total support for sports. Stanford and Cal are both top notch for research and academia and all. But if you're trying to build a super conference with limited slots, they just become a drain. Maybe if the B1G could get them cheap... Notre Dame and FSU have to be the end game.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Sources cautioned that the two scheduled discussions are in the embryonic stages..

ACC is locked in to television deal with ESPN till 2036.The potential additions of the two schools do not project to be financial game changers..

Really odd that the ACC would even consider Cal and Stanford..

Cal and Stanford. Just what you think of when you hear the word “Atlantic”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT