ADVERTISEMENT

Some Nice Analysis from Reddit

It doesn't matter if they lose the rest of their games. His approach is to win now and next year and he's out for a better job. They brought in a TON of upperclassmen. We didnt
So the objective for us is to lose now instead?

Sanders brought in his son. How many 4-5 star QBs was he going to get. Guys committed to Deion to play with his son. I watched the QB portal. Who the hell was Rhule supposed to get? Who COULD he get given our recent history. He wasn’t a college coach who could bring his starter with him. Criticism is easy. Solutions are not. We’re probably going to have to build QBs like we used to build O linemen IMO. Can he do that with Haarberg or Kaelin?
There was a ton of them out there. I would have taken any of the top 50 over what I've seen from Sims so far. Transfer QB's 2023.

There was a ton of them out there. I would have taken any of the top 50 over what I've seen from Sims so far. Transfer QB's 2023.
Considering Sims was 16 on that list, it seems as though he was fairly highly thought of at the time.

I know we aren’t seeing it now, for sure, I’m just saying he wasn’t someone we took off the scrap heap either.

Here’s to hoping we get better at the QB position, either through development on Sims’ part or someone else (HH? CP?) stepping up.

We are on another 3 year road trip to nowhere
Im Not We Tv GIF by Braxton Family Values

Reactions: BleedRed78
Says who? you?

You do know, a fan can be critical of the direction the program is going. We are on another 3 year road trip to nowhere.. but it's refreshing to know that you get to decide what a fan gets to be..
Im disappointed too, but to say that this isn't going to work out 2 games in, is a bit absurd don't you think?

Last edited:
Stats on turning around losing programs

The short: history suggests Rhule will need at least two years to get over .500 (Deon is an enigma/singular force that bucks the trend, but some argue he's building his house out of straw compared to that of someone like Rhule).

Buckle up for a rough season folks. Hopefully we continue to see young players grow throughout the season (looks like Coleman and Lloyd are moving up as an example). Next year will likely be rough still, but bowl game more likely than this year. Year three either looks good or else THEN Rhule deserves all the criticism in the world from us. His contract suggest he ain't going anywhere until at least then - that's just the reality.

As fans, you're either N or you're out. I might devote more time on Saturdays to actually getting stuff done, but I know I'll still be following along and hoping I can rededicate time on Saturdays in year 2/3.

GBR
This is f*cking retarded. Basically we give this guy a 3-year lease based on Faith? He's done nothing to improve our overall Talent since taking over, is winless, and has made overtly poor coaching decisions. I'd have rather seen an onside kick to start the game than Sims starting the second half. Rhule is Mike Riley 2.0. Pass. Gonna work on my golf game until we start getting some players.

• Haha
This is f*cking retarded. Basically we give this guy a 3-year lease based on Faith? He's done nothing to improve our overall Talent since taking over, is winless, and has made overtly poor coaching decisions. I'd have rather seen an onside kick to start the game than Sims starting the second half. Rhule is Mike Riley 2.0. Pass. Gonna work on my golf game until we start getting some players.
confused jeff bridges GIF

giphy.gif

Great! Then we won't have to sort through your stupid posts!

Says who? you?

You do know, a fan can be critical of the direction the program is going. We are on another 3 year road trip to nowhere.. but it's refreshing to know that you get to decide what a fan gets to be..
Every team has fans that will endure the hardships with them... Kinda like a relationship, no? 😉

Then there's "fans" who make it even more miserable for the rest of the fans who say least understand the reality is the literally new coach isn't going away until after year three AT MINIMUM. Nor does new coach read boards to collect our opinions on the matters at hand.

It is what it is.

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Love
Reactions: OzzyLvr
I detect hurt feelings.
not at all! Am just surprised at the optimism given what we already knew about this staff, and what we've seen thus far. It's exactly what a lot of us expected out of Rhule. Maybe he surprises everyone and we start landing better Talent, keep donor money coming into the program, but so far he's recruiting basically the same as Riley and Frost, therefore am expecting mostly the same results. 'Mostly' would include MAYBE sniffing 6 wins someday and a bowl. I HOPE that happens, truly. Y'all expecting dominance are insane, IMHO. Until we start paying for talent, in earnest. Like winning teams are currently.

My season tix are for sale online. Sry not sry...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
not at all! Am just surprised at the optimism given what we already knew about this staff, and what we've seen thus far. It's exactly what a lot of us expected out of Rhule. Maybe he surprises everyone and we start landing better Talent, keep donor money coming into the program, but so far he's recruiting basically the same as Riley and Frost, therefore am expecting mostly the same results. 'Mostly' would include MAYBE sniffing 6 wins someday and a bowl. I HOPE that happens, truly. Y'all expecting dominance are insane, IMHO. Until we start paying for talent, in earnest. Like winning teams are currently.

the dude your opinion GIF

You bailed before the first home game? That's intense. Do you think you'll even sell them?

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
You bailed before the first home game? That's intense. Do you think you'll even sell them?
Been thinking it about for the last few years. Was hopeful he’d bring some talent capable of making us better as opposed to basically promising we’re gonna continue to suck for awhile. Doesn’t seem like a good investment in time/money. Would rather watch us lose the games on FF afterwards than spend all day doing the same. Unloaded the Michigan and Iowa games. Gotta sell while there’s still any price for the tickets, lol…

Not dumping the season tickets in general, just taking this year off, since the athletic dept obviously is. We’ll see what happens with recruiting/NIL next year.

Yet. We blow a winnable game at Minni?
That loss to Minnesota looked and smelled a lot like what we saw under Riley and Frost.
We better beat NIU or there is something seriously wrong with this staff.
You're not wrong. But another way to look at it is there could be something seriously wrong with Husker football that transcends the coaches. Losing just permeates through the program despite the fact that the players play in front of 80,000 in one of the most storied football programs of all time.

At some point, I would like to see none of the players hanging their heads or pointing fingers/using bad body language. Start being more positive and at least acting like winners.

yet here you are posting. As someone on here posted before..... this isn't an airport, no need to announce your arrival or departure....

That loss to Minnesota looked and smelled a lot like what we saw under Riley and Frost.

You're not wrong. But another way to look at it is there could be something seriously wrong with Husker football that transcends the coaches. Losing just permeates through the program despite the fact that the players play in front of 80,000 in one of the most storied football programs of all time.

At some point, I would like to see none of the players hanging their heads or pointing fingers/using bad body language. Start being more positive and at least acting like winners.
Quit projecting

I think it starts with finding a winning qb. I think we need a Tommie Frazier like attitude. Someone who hates losing. An alpha.

yet here you are posting. As someone on here posted before..... this isn't an airport, no need to announce your arrival or departure....
Oh I’ll still comment, bro. Am no less engaged in the program, just gonna find better stuff than to watch us lose on gamedays, and gonna withhold monetary donation until they decide they wanna start investing monetarily in players like a contender.

Am a fan of UCONN basketball. When some dipshit shows up on their board with a weak take or troll, often the first reply is thank you for your interest in UCONN basketball.

Take a hike troll

Every team has fans that will endure the hardships with them... Kinda like a relationship, no? 😉

Then there's "fans" who make it even more miserable for the rest of the fans who say least understand the reality is the literally new coach isn't going away until after year three AT MINIMUM. Nor does new coach read boards to collect our opinions on the matters at hand.

It is what it is.
fans are fans are fans..

the whole point of a message board is to express differences of opinion.. not to just circle jerk with the same ideas and beliefs.

If you're miserable.. maybe you should not being on a message board.. just subscribe to the publishers and let them spoon feed you their 'scoop' so you don't have to form your own opinion from your own original thought.

That isn't a sin by the way.. about 80% or more of the population fits in that category. People are sheep mostly.

fans are fans are fans..

the whole point of a message board is to express differences of opinion.. not to just circle jerk with the same ideas and beliefs.

If you're miserable.. maybe you should not being on a message board.. just subscribe to the publishers and let them spoon feed you their 'scoop' so you don't have to form your own opinion from your own original thought.

That isn't a sin by the way.. about 80% or more of the population fits in that category. People are sheep mostly.

Some guys are never going to be part of the herd either.
Speaking of sheep time for you to get your booster shot

Speaking of sheep time for you to get your booster shot
No thanks.. the only way I will get another one is if I am forced to, in order to travel internationally, which was also the case last time.

Try Harder Baxter.

Oh I’ll still comment, bro. Am no less engaged in the program, just gonna find better stuff than to watch us lose on gamedays, and gonna withhold monetary donation until they decide they wanna start investing monetarily in players like a contender.
You do realize that this entire post is a contradiction right?
No less engaged. _ will find better stuff (to do) than watch us lose
no less engaged.... will withhold monetary donation (humble brag or full of shit...you decide) not you Tetonia everyone else decide.

Uh - send your millions to the NIL collective instead of wherever else your "donation" is sent.
When I donated, I was able to earmark where my money went from program to specific player if I wanted..

martha kelly clown GIF by BasketsFX

There are a lot of new players on this team. Most of these kids come from winning programs. Most are winners. It is now on the coaches to create the environment that you are describing. We just have to stop beating ourselves. Hopefully Rhule and co. can make that happen sooner or later. Kids have to own some of it too.

The bold is absolutely true, at least to some extent. To what extent? I don't know. It's a really hard thing to do to change an entire culture of a large organization. And we've had a culture of losing for a really long time. Lots of still living in the 90s guys still around the program. When Rhule said he was told we just wanted a coach who could get us back to being a running program, I cringed. How about we just want someone who's capable and we're going to let them do their thing and get out of their way?

Hell, at this point, I'm not sure this isn't a bigger rebuild than Baylor. Yeah, they were gutted by scandal, but as a "program" they were just a few short years from being back-to-back conference champs. They were also in the most fertile recruiting state in the country. We are a long way from either of those things. Might be more like turning a tanker than I'd originally thought.

Hell, at this point, I'm not sure this isn't a bigger rebuild than Baylor. Yeah, they were gutted by scandal, but as a "program" they were just a few short years from being back-to-back conference champs. They were also in the most fertile recruiting state in the country. We are a long way from either of those things. Might be more like turning a tanker than I'd originally thought.
So you're saying we need to be patient and let this staff work their plan, even through the pain. Short-term pain traded for long-term gain. I don't recall anyone in the administration or this staff say it was going to be a quick and easy fix. If we think Rhule has been a miracle worker at his other stops (minus Carolina), those all took time. Each situation is different. We may have more talent that he's had at those other stops but there are other factors here that he didn't have to deal with at either of those - & vice versa. I just don't get how people are so upset after 2 games when he's playing mostly the same guys as prior years.

So you're saying we need to be patient and let this staff work their plan, even through the pain. Short-term pain traded for long-term gain. I don't recall anyone in the administration or this staff say it was going to be a quick and easy fix. If we think Rhule has been a miracle worker at his other stops (minus Carolina), those all took time. Each situation is different. We may have more talent that he's had at those other stops but there are other factors here that he didn't have to deal with at either of those - & vice versa. I just don't get how people are so upset after 2 games when he's playing mostly the same guys as prior years.
Well (huffing and puffing), Sander’s kid is a really good quarterback, and, um, so there!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT