ADVERTISEMENT

Building for 2024 and beyond

JabroniBlvd

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2005
QB: Jeff Sims was a complete fail. HH and Purdy are serviceable backups. Have to find a legit portal QB at this point.

RB: Grant will graduate and Ervin/R. Johnson return as of now. I think when fully healthy it's not a bad group but no one is great. I thought EJ progressed pretty well over the last few weeks though.

FB: Bonner isn't a FB and I would have liked to see Liebentritt in there more as I felt he had some good blocks this year.

WR: Lloyd, Coleman, Doss were true freshmen and got a lot of good experience and even performed. IGC and Washington return as well next season.

TE: Fidone and Boerkircher were under utilized this season which was disappointing. Adding another elite TE in Nelson. Fidone did lead the team with 4 TD receptions.

OL: We will return a lot of experience again. I don't think this group was a strong point nor a weak one. We struggled to run the ball against teams that had a good defense.

DL: Obviously with Nash and Robinson back this will be a really stout front. Lenhardt and Van Poppel got a lot of PT as well for true freshmen. Butler, Princewell and Williams off the edge will be big.

LB: Losing Reimer and Henrich. I would really like to get a portal LB here who has been proven. Wright was a good surprise this year. Gbayor was okay and Bullock not bad, but under sized.

DB: Newsome and Brown are decent losses. Hill/Hartzog at CB and Singleton/Buford at safety. Gifford will be back at Rover. Rhule has mentioned a few freshmen he likes as well who didn't see the field.

Lots of young players on this team and only lose a handful of seniors who contributed. There will be some attrition but we will find a few portal players who can start next year. We also open up the first half of the season where we will be favored in at worst the first 6 of 7 games. Last 5 games will be tough as we saw this year with an easier schedule.

Defense significantly improved from last year is the positive news. Offense had a lot of injuries, but still was atrocious with the main reason being turnovers (OC is sus as well). Special teams did not improve either. Hopefully Alvano getting a full season helps him moving forward. Spend big money for a couple players and with what Rhule is doing with the program I feel we can take that step. We don't need numbers so shelling out $100k here and there for kids is not the solution. Spend $1m on a few kids and watch us make moves. We've been hurt too many times so I will lay off the off-season and let Rhule do his thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT