ADVERTISEMENT

So what changes in the field now?

baseball31ne

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 8, 2002
What changes does the fan base, not the fanatics and trolls, see for the rest if the season with Joseph now in charge?

Personnel changes? Adjustments in play calling on both sides of the ball?

What changes does the fan base, not the fanatics and trolls, see for the rest if the season with Joseph now in charge?

Personnel changes? Adjustments in play calling on both sides of the ball?
I just want to see fundamentals especially on the defensive side of the ball. For the love of God do you're job. Hit the correct gaps. Dline needs to get head placement correct. Basic fundamentals. Strong fundamentals can at least hide lack of talent just a little bit

I'd just like to see a defense where it is a little harder to open up the entire middle of the field by simply sending one guy in motion. Oh, and corners who don't play 10 yards of the receiving on 3rd and 5. I have others, but those two things could pay immediate dividends.

Try not to give up 60 to Oklahoma. Tackle. Try to get more than one sack in three games. Take away the blackshirts. When the kicker of the other team is throwing the bones, you probably are not that good.

Now we know for sure who is calling plays.

We agree Chinander shouldn't be coaching our D, but LOL at Mickey firing Chins. I'd love to see some examples to prove me wrong, but I've never heard of an interim head coach firing assistants or coordinators.

His job is to salvage the season as best he can. Also gives Alberts a lot of time to evaluate Mickey as head coach if he wants to look in that direction.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

We agree Chinander shouldn't be coaching our D, but LOL at Mickey firing Chins. I'd love to see some examples to prove me wrong, but I've never heard of an interim head coach firing assistants or coordinators.

His job is to salvage the season as best he can. Also gives Alberts a lot of time to evaluate Mickey as head coach if he wants to look in that direction.
If Mickey feels someone else on the staff should be calling the D, he doesn’t have to can anyone just reassign people,

Trev talked about this in the PC. Maybe you should give it a listen.

Defense is priority #1. Either we play our scheme with the best we have which means playing the best personnel that we have or we continue with the guys that have been playing and we change the scheme to fit. Not wholesale but we certainly need to be creative to put these guys in the best position to be successful.

Not sure how Micky is going to fix this.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Chinander moved to a 4-3 and switching DCs now just sets that DC up for utter failure. I hate to say it, but this is something we have to endure the rest of the year.
I guess I didn't see much 4-3. When was that?

Chinander moved to a 4-3 and switching DCs now just sets that DC up for utter failure. I hate to say it, but this is something we have to endure the rest of the year.
Does moving to a 4-3 really change anything if we can't tackle or cover receivers?

With a defense as bad as ours, I’d expect a shift the other way. Keep our D off the field.

Yep bottomline we are going to get boat raced against Oklahoma.
What’s your definition of boat raced? The oddsmakers have OU as a 13.5 point favorite. If OU wins by 14 is that a boat race?
I just have a weird suspicion that this team will put up a battle against OU. We will know by next Saturday but I wouldn’t expect a blowout.

What’s your definition of boat raced? The oddsmakers have OU as a 13.5 point favorite. If OU wins by 14 is that a boat race?
I just have a weird suspicion that this team will put up a battle against OU. We will know by next Saturday but I wouldn’t expect a blowout.
If we don't run the ball and milk the clock, OU will easily cover.

I don't expect our tackling to get better in a week, or our lack of sacks.

NU is currently ranked 125th in total defense. That puts them dead last among P5 teams.

you go crazy and just sell out against the run or pass
lots of guessing and hope you get lucky
tell the DBs - good luck

Cos did that in 2007 and we almost knocked off Texas on the road that year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT