ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple on Sean Beckton

I was going to refute what he wrote with examples of how players have improved with something as simple as a position coach change, but your one line was much better.

I wonder if the WR are going to be the same as last year. Or if Joseph is going to be an improvement over Lubick and the WR play will be markedly improved. Ha ha or if Whipple will get the QBs playing better than Bernie had them playing.
You need glasses and need to rewatch games from the last 4 years. Are you going to try and refute the record also?

If the Oline is ever going to improve, first things first, cut the damn hair, keep it short and business like. Nothin screams I’m a big fat Pussy more than a goldi locks hair do.
I don’t care if they have Goldilocks, dreadlocks, no hair, pink hair, buzz cut, etc…I just want to see them stop whiffing on their assignments, play with better technique, go out and hit someone on the other team and dominate during the play, and knock off the stupid penalties (false starts, holding, personal fouls). In simple terms…quality football!

I can’t believe people here can’t see how lousy of a job they have been doing the last four years. They have been DEAD LAST!! I hate saying this but it is the TRUTH!!

This Offense (Team really) will only go as far as the O-line will take them. I see upgrades at QB and RB for sure but it will be for nothing of the same sloppy play and boneheaded mistakes occur.

Reactions: bshirt73
I don’t care if they have Goldilocks, dreadlocks, no hair, pink hair, buzz cut, etc…I just want to see them stop whiffing on their assignments, play with better technique, go out and hit someone on the other team and dominate during the play, and knock off the stupid penalties (false starts, holding, personal fouls). In simple terms…quality football!

I can’t believe people here can’t see how lousy of a job they have been doing the last four years. They have been DEAD LAST!! I hate saying this but it is the TRUTH!!

This Offense (Team really) will only go as far as the O-line will take them. I see upgrades at QB and RB for sure but it will be for nothing of the same sloppy play and boneheaded mistakes occur.
I agree. And it all starts with taking the job with a business like approach. We are not wildly talented, we need to do the small things.

I was going to refute what he wrote with examples of how players have improved with something as simple as a position coach change, but your one line was much better.

I wonder if the WR are going to be the same as last year. Or if Joseph is going to be an improvement over Lubick and the WR play will be markedly improved. Ha ha or if Whipple will get the QBs playing better than Bernie had them playing.
I really like what we have for skill players, although some don't have a lot of experience. Both lines are a question mark/concern.

Like I said, you need glasses. Maybe then you will see the point. If you’re just stupid, then that probably can’t be fixed.
Well considering my post concerned how new position coaches can make a difference over past position coaches, I do not see the relevance in looking back at the last 4 seasons. Unless you want me to look back at the last 4 seasons of the teams coached my Joseph, Whipple, Raiola and Applewhite.

Reading comprehension and staying on point are not all that difficult, perhaps a mirror would be a handy tool for you when calling into question people's intelligence.

A lot of strong takes being made about a practice period where tackle football was subbed out for touch. What should we draw from Casey Thompson's 3/4 passing performance. That he completed 75% of his passes? I would have been much more satisfied had the coaches decided to play the whole thing live, but I can sympathize with not wanting to be staring over one of our top three backs writhing in pain from a tackle that went south.
Either the new coaches are upgrades and the kids will be ready to roll come August, or the program struggles for another season, all of the coaches (and a number of players) are gone. I hope for the former. It seems some of you wish for the latter.

Well considering my post concerned how new position coaches can make a difference over past position coaches, I do not see the relevance in looking back at the last 4 seasons. Unless you want me to look back at the last 4 seasons of the teams coached my Joseph, Whipple, Raiola and Applewhite.

Reading comprehension and staying on point are not all that difficult, perhaps a mirror would be a handy tool for you when calling into question people's intelligence.
You are correct that reading compression and staying on point is not at all difficult. As I stated in my post Raiola is an upgrade but unfortunately it is probably not going to help this group. Apparently you missed that and seem adamant that a miracle will be performed on a group that has done nothing the last few years. We’ll see soon enough which one is wrong.

…and I will add that I hope I’m wrong! I hope this O-line will come out like a unit very different than the ones we’ve seen the past four years!

Last edited:
You are correct that reading compression and staying on point is not at all difficult. As I stated in my post Raiola is an upgrade but unfortunately it is probably not going to help this group. Apparently you missed that and seem adamant that a miracle will be performed on a group that has done nothing the last few years. We’ll see soon enough which one is wrong.

…and I will add that I hope I’m wrong! I hope this O-line will come out like a unit very different than the ones we’ve seen the past four years!
Again, that isn't what you addressed when you copied and replied to my post. My point is simply that changing coaches can and at times does improve the play of the team. Look no further than the difference between Nebraska 2007 to 2008. 4 game improvement overall, the defense was the benefactor in 2008. New coaches, emphasis on stopping the run and getting after the passer, we went from allowing 232 ypg and 5.2 ypc to 116 ypg and 3.6 ypc AND from like 15 sacks to 35 sacks in one season. The starting Dline was the same except you swapped Turner for Allen and in the LB corps a walk on (Wortman) and a former RB (Glenn) were the starters in 2008 replacing Bo Ruud, Corey McKeon and Steve Octavien from 2007.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Again, that isn't what you addressed when you copied and replied to my post. My point is simply that changing coaches can and at times does improve the play of the team. Look no further than the difference between Nebraska 2007 to 2008. 4 game improvement overall, the defense was the benefactor in 2008. New coaches, emphasis on stopping the run and getting after the passer, we went from allowing 232 ypg and 5.2 ypc to 116 ypg and 3.6 ypc AND from like 15 sacks to 35 sacks in one season. The starting Dline was the same except you swapped Turner for Allen and in the LB corps a walk on (Wortman) and a former RB (Glenn) were the starters in 2008 replacing Bo Ruud, Corey McKeon and Steve Octavien from 2007.
Your point is true. We won’t know for sure if new coaches/better is the case with the 2022 NU offense until the fall. But a lot of people are talking out of their a** based largely upon one session of a practice they saw on TV where the players were down by touch.

No your reply to all this was to concur with that other dummy who said I didn’t know what I was talking about regarding the O-line. My point is they haven’t done anything up until this point and I don’t think they are BIG caliber, nor even with a good coach they won’t be good enough because they simply don’t have ‘it’. If they had an inkling of ‘it’, they would have shown ‘it’ last year, or the year before. They don’t even have ‘it’ in them to overachieve. They have not shown the want to in regards to knowing the assignments, the snap count, the mental toughness. It is going to a few recruiting cycles to get quality players who have the talent, drive, and mental toughness to make the Offense go.

I have repeatedly said I hope they prove me wrong this year and that they show some greatness in the Fall. Until then, seeing is believing and the only thing that has been on display is a comedy of errors.

Reactions: king_kong_
No your reply to all this was to concur with that other dummy who said I didn’t know what I was talking about regarding the O-line. My point is they haven’t done anything up until this point and I don’t think they are BIG caliber, nor even with a good coach they won’t be good enough because they simply don’t have ‘it’. If they had an inkling of ‘it’, they would have shown ‘it’ last year, or the year before. They don’t even have ‘it’ in them to overachieve. They have not shown the want to in regards to knowing the assignments, the snap count, the mental toughness. It is going to a few recruiting cycles to get quality players who have the talent, drive, and mental toughness to make the Offense go.

I have repeatedly said I hope they prove me wrong this year and that they show some greatness in the Fall. Until then, seeing is believing and the only thing that has been on display is a comedy of errors.
And in May 2008, you’re the guy saying this dline isn’t going to cut it because just don’t have “it”. What have they shown us for the past 4 years? They can’t stop the run.

You are the epitome of set low expectations guy with the caveat of I hope I am wrong. You write things like “this team will be lucky to win 3 games this year, but I hope I am wrong.” You know full well no one is going to remember these posts in October when the team is bowl eligible and the offense is running the ball effectively.

The argument is between Frost sucks and should be fired and Frost has sucked and deserved to be fired, but wasn't, and the offensive coaches he hired look pretty decent. Since I'm a fan, I'm in the latter camp.

Reactions: BleedRed78
And in May 2008, you’re the guy saying this dline isn’t going to cut it because just don’t have “it”. What have they shown us for the past 4 years? They can’t stop the run.

You are the epitome of set low expectations guy with the caveat of I hope I am wrong. You write things like “this team will be lucky to win 3 games this year, but I hope I am wrong.” You know full well no one is going to remember these posts in October when the team is bowl eligible and the offense is running the ball effectively.
You are not underestimating the value of a strong running game FROM the running backs.

We may root for the same team but the similarities end there. Not only do you say dumb things, but you’re a creeper also. 2008? Really??!! I don’t care what you’ve said before, only what you’ve said in this thread. Wow! Get a life!

This group can and will be helped. They will be better than last year. Not all Big 10, but certainly

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to get your panties all wadded up. I've been hearing for about 20 years that we are if you recruiting cycles away to returning to glory.

It ain't happening. We need a slow and steady progression. Seven wins, eight or nine, and then 10. And then they're going to be yours when we take a step back. We've recruited reasonably well the last 5 years, enough to vie for the Big 10 West. It's time for development.

This group can and will be helped. They will be better than last year. Not all Big 10, but certainly

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to get your panties all wadded up. I've been hearing for about 20 years that we are if you recruiting cycles away to returning to glory.

It ain't happening. We need a slow and steady progression. Seven wins, eight or nine, and then 10. And then they're going to be yours when we take a step back. We've recruited reasonably well the last 5 years, enough to vie for the Big 10 West. It's time for development.
I like this reply better than your first one 👍🏼

If this comes to fruition, how many of you will be happy about it? If they are doing $1 premium memberships the hallowed scrolls will be nothing more than the Husker Board, at least for the year.

I think many would not be happy in general pop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT