ADVERTISEMENT

Simple question..

kidofSN

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
And right now I am not leaning either way asking this, If our coach right now was named Craig Bohl how would you be reacting to this season so far??

Reactions: MikeRiley69
Neither are Riley or Bo yet they get brought up constantly. As far as point of post I was wondering if Frost was getting his leeway because of what people think of his ability or who he is? Just a simple question..

Guys here is the deal as plain as I can say it. Imo, I saw kids trying. Can't say ireaI really saw quitters. We just don't have the talent it takes right now. It will take time. You look good when you are practicing against players that aren't that great.

Reactions: mmunso7
And right now I am not leaning either way asking this, If our coach right now was named Craig Bohl how would you be reacting to this season so far??
Now it makes sense. You have an agenda in your dislike of Frost. Just like in politics I question the supposed "inside information" of those with an agenda.

I am actually a Frost fan and supporter.. I asked this because I wonder if Frost is getting a longer leash because of who he is.. I know I am giving him that for sure! I do however expect him to figure out a way to correct this!

I think coming off a 4 win season everyone has realistic expectations. If this season followed Solich or Pelini’s final years I would be livid. Riley and Eichorst f’d this program so hard and deep it will take time to turn this around

I am actually a Frost fan and supporter.. I asked this because I wonder if Frost is getting a longer leash because of who he is.. I know I am giving him that for sure! I do however expect him to figure out a way to correct this!
If Frost doesn't correct this mess, I think it may be because of one of the main reasons that Pelini and Riley failed. Failure to hire the best assistant coaches and recruiters available. All three brought assistants with them that they knew and had worked with before. Apparently none of them felt that they needed to look for anyone else. Many of the top head coaches hire the best assistants they can find, including ex-head coaches. Pelini was so confident in himself that he never thought about hiring a proven assistant coach, ex-head coach or a proven recruiter as an assistant. If that's that case with Frost, I hope he changes.

Guys here is the deal as plain as I can say it. Imo, I saw kids trying. Can't say ireaI really saw quitters. We just don't have the talent it takes right now. It will take time. You look good when you are practicing against players that aren't that great.

I saw plenty of quitters and kids not trying.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I really don't get the "we don't have talent" we have had top 20-30 classes for the last 10 years. Are the recruiting rankings that off? We should be seeing better than what we are seeing on the field.

Talent can be a lot of things. You can be big, fast, strong but if you are not smart or continue to make mistakes and have bad habits.,.. that all falls in the realm of"talent" in my book.

Reactions: dand84
I really don't get the "we don't have talent" we have had top 20-30 classes for the last 10 years. Are the recruiting rankings that off? We should be seeing better than what we are seeing on the field.
Talent has to be developed. If talent is allowed to skip out on the weight room for a couple of years in a row, then talent is wasted. If the guys aren’t giving it their all, then the talent is wasted. Like you, I look at the classes and say that there is talent on the squad. But for some reason, they’re not playing like it. Is it coaching? Maybe… But we saw here the last couple of years was a culture that lacked accountability. It sure seems as though that may still be a problem for some... I don’t know… I’m just trying to answer the question regarding talent.

Talent can be a lot of things. You can be big, fast, strong but if you are not smart or continue to make mistakes and have bad habits.,.. that all falls in the realm of"talent" in my book.
The other thing is IF you have upper class men that haven't been coached properly that are no better than an incoming freshman. If you are not developed and raw, you are not going to be very talented.

Talent has to be developed. If talent is allowed to skip out on the weight room for a couple of years in a row, then talent is wasted. If the guys aren’t giving it their all, then the talent is wasted. Like you, I look at the classes and say that there is talent on the squad. But for some reason, they’re not playing like it. Is it coaching? Maybe… But we saw here the last couple of years was a culture that lacked accountability. It sure seems as though that may still be a problem for some... I don’t know… I’m just trying to answer the question regarding talent.
I should have read down and I would have seen this . Bingo. You said it a litle better than I did. Thanks

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT