ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Tony White SD State

sweating key and peele GIF

Bring in the $$ trucks

I know nothing but I do feel like he'll be back. It's good that he's wanted and it's good experience for him to go through this.
I think he'd go to Syracuse if offered - and I wouldn't blame him if he did. It would be hard to pass up a Power 5 head coaching job, especially at a place where you have a history.

Last edited:
Hope he stays. While I know success is going to naturally lead to other teams coming after our staff, I sure wish it would happen after we have had more success than going 5-6 with a 3 game losing streak with one last chance at bowl eligibility.

Also, am I accurate in my thinking that the last time NU lost a defensive coordinator for reason other than firing or retirement was when Monte Kiffen left back in the 70s?

Reactions: scarletred
Why is the answer always more money? He is making more money now than some head coaches. It's an endless battle every time someone mentions his name - oh better give him more money.

Then when word gets out about someone at another school, people on here say they are just doing that to get more money.

Sheesh. Is he paid in the range of the going rate? Is there a magic number or even an end to it? He was at SDS 8 years if my math is correct, he must like something there.

Sometimes I feel like it is the setup to blame Trev - White would have stayed if Trev would have opened the check book. We always need a bad guy.

Reactions: DonlugoQ
Not sure how you up the ante to keep a guy from becoming a HC
Help him decide better to stay and wait for a better head coaching job..

Don’t think San Diego St worth taking a chance not being a Power5 team is where the money is really at..

Most coordinators want to be a head coach and most coaches know you only have so many chances. Rhule seems to have a pretty good track record of identifying and grooming coaches. We better get used to this. Knighton is another one I feel will be targeted at some point.
It took Venables for ever to take a head coaching job and he was having major success at OU and Clemson…

Norm Parker is content being Ioway coordinator, but I have no idea if he was ever asked to be head coach anywhere..

Why is the answer always more money? He is making more money now than some head coaches. It's an endless battle every time someone mentions his name - oh better give him more money.

Then when word gets out about someone at another school, people on here say they are just doing that to get more money.

Sheesh. Is he paid in the range of the going rate? Is there a magic number or even an end to it? He was at SDS 8 years if my math is correct, he must like something there.

Sometimes I feel like it is the setup to blame Trev - White would have stayed if Trev would have opened the check book. We always need a bad guy.
Cost of living is definitely in our favor. Climate? Not so much. You want other programs to want your assistants. I don’t think there’s any question that he’s going to get a raise if he stays.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I have a feeling he’s already taken a HC position somewhere and he’s waiting to announce this after Friday…would explain why this team’s mentality changed around the MSU game. JMO

Reactions: kevingne
It took Venables for ever to take a head coaching job and he was having major success at OU and Clemson…

Norm Parker is content being Ioway coordinator, but I have no idea if he was ever asked to be head coach anywhere..
Was also winning nattys and was a top 3 paid D coordinator

Reactions: scarletred
Help him decide better to stay and wait for a better head coaching job..

Don’t think San Diego St worth taking a chance not being a Power5 team is where the money is really at..
If he loves San Diego it might be tough to turn that job down.

Reactions: headcard
Is TW really out or are we just jumping the gun? MR spoke today about not enough money and I hope that got TA's attention to open the checkbook and anvil him

Reactions: BleedRed78
If it means we get Elijah Robinson from aTm I’ll take it
I beleive that is exactly who would replace him l. Not quite as good as TW at the xs and os but top 5 recruiter. Would we stay in a 3 3 5 or go to a 3-4 or 4-3? Idk best case scenario is TW stays and ER is added as a co coordinator and position coach. Pay them both big big $$ and expect top 10 Def.

I have a feeling he’s already taken a HC position somewhere and he’s waiting to announce this after Friday…would explain why this team’s mentality changed around the MSU game. JMO
Do you really think TW told the team 3 games ago that he was gone? I don’t see it that way at all.

Or are you saying TW has changed, ie, distracted by what is to come? If he told his players, there’s no way it wouldn’t have leaked already.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

I'd up his salary to $1.8 million. Would have a really good defense next year should be a really strong selling point for him to stay. Makes his head coaching resume look a lot better for a P5 position.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Are you sure he isn't talking to South Dakota State? Maybe they wouldn't pay as much, but I've read that Brookings is a wonderful and stable place to live like a king and raise a family.

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
Let White go, then get Lil’ Jimmy Leonhard!!! His defensive scheme is more aggressive and he would love to get some revenge on the Badgers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT