ADVERTISEMENT

Tony White not leaving... not yet anyway.

Right, he chased off a good one and SDSU jumped on it. He gets a good D co and they may be formidable innthe New Pac.
Good point. Will remaining teams keep the pac name? Would they be the name holder? Will they just let it go?

Thought they were thinking of suing exiting members for control of rights

Just because White interviewed and didn't gat the job doesn't mean he was "spurned". Maybe they didn't offer him enough money. Maybe some other parts of the deal were not right for him. Maybe they offered him the job and his wife and kids liked it in Lincoln so he turned it down. Maybe SDSU just thought Lewis was a better fit and wanted an offense guy, not a defense guy.

Just because White interviewed and didn't gat the job doesn't mean he was "spurned". Maybe they didn't offer him enough money. Maybe some other parts of the deal were not right for him. Maybe they offered him the job and his wife and kids liked it in Lincoln so he turned it down. Maybe SDSU just thought Lewis was a better fit and wanted an offense guy, not a defense guy.
And it's not wrong to interview just for the experience

Now buzz about White to USC as a DC
White's career is taking off.

It's possible that his next step will be to go work for a coach that's never shown the slightest interest in defense, and to implement his scheme against a murderous schedule next season. But I wouldn't bet on it.

White's career is taking off.

It's possible that his next step will be to go work for a coach that's never shown the slightest interest in defense, and to implement his scheme against a murderous schedule next season. But I wouldn't bet on it.
That would be the ultimate stab in the back going to a conference foe. Might even be a clause in his contract that prohibits it x amount of years after employment here.

That would be the ultimate stab in the back going to a conference foe. Might even be a clause in his contract that prohibits it x amount of years after employment here.
I mean, maybe back in the day but I would be shocked if that was in a contract today. Even years ago it seemed to be more of a handshake agreement than anything else.

There is no such thing legally as “prohibiting” him from working somewhere else.
All they can do is take money from him or force his new employer to pay.
They can’t “prohibit” anyone from working.

Guy who covers says it was decided late last night/early this morning.

Reading the replies on that tweet are great! It is like USC fans want Buddy Ryan AND the 85 Bears to be their next DC and defense.

if they lose TW because they refused to pay him a competitive salary, i may be done with this team.

I seriously doubt that would be why. We could pay him as much or more than USC, for example, and he may still decide to leave.

I seriously doubt that would be why. We could pay him as much or more than USC, for example, and he may still decide to leave.
true, and that in itself is a frightening indictment.

reminds me of Tony Tuioti leaving, who was completely right to do so in hindsight.

• Sad
Reactions: headcard
if they lose TW because they refused to pay him a competitive salary, i may be done with this team.
If it's that and USC or conference foe, I'm done. It would symbolize perfectly how the balls of this football program have been successfully completely chopped off.

I don't cheer ball less football programs.

If it's that and USC or conference foe, I'm done. It would symbolize perfectly how the balls of this football program have been successfully completely chopped off.

I don't cheer ball less football programs.
it would communicate that Nebraska is not serious about winning, and Trev's comments about being a "responsible steward of Nebraska resources" will confirm he is content with an Iowa-type ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT