ADVERTISEMENT

Tony White not leaving... not yet anyway.

Hell Yes!
Robert Downey Jr Yes GIF

We've all (well not all) got ourselves convinced that Nebraska is tight with the money. It's just not true.
How do we know that? There was quite a lot of smoke with these rumors. Perhaps he was thinking of leaving, and a raise was the only way he was going to stay. We should be more proactive with these things so we don't have to worry about good coaches flirting with other programs in the first place.

Reactions: mgbreis
How do we know that? There was quite a lot of smoke with these rumors. Perhaps he was thinking of leaving, and a raise was the only way he was going to stay. We should be more proactive with these things so we don't have to worry about good coaches flirting with other programs in the first place.
@mgbreis was saying Nebraska isn’t always tight with money. How do we know that? See contract to TW.

1+1 sometimes does equal 2.

Clicking on "show ignored content" is the definition of:
Usl Championship Soccer GIF by Oakland Roots SC
Laughing
We had agreed that if I put him on ignore that he wouldn't respond or reference to any of my content. He's reneging on that less than 2 weeks later. I want nothing to do with the guy.

We had agreed that if I put him on ignore that he wouldn't respond or reference to any of my content. He's reneging on that less than 2 weeks later. I want nothing to do with the guy.
What’s your issue with @timnsun? Next to me he’s about the most rational and calm poster on here. And I’ve been pretty wound up lately so he’s probably #1.

What’s your issue with @timnsun? Next to me he’s about the most rational and calm poster on here. And I’ve been pretty wound up lately so he’s probably #1.
Lol no he isn't. He's a very sneaky dude. A guy you need to watch out for. Those are the majority of the experiences I have had with the guy for about a decade now. Those are the type of people I really don't take a liking to.

The deal was that if you admitted that you made crap up about me I would never respond to you again. You called me a liar and claimed I made stuff up about you. When I provided the proof in a multitude of your posts, you still never owned up to it.

The offer still stands… if you admit you made stuff up about me, I will never respond to one of your posts again.

The ball is in your court.

The deal was that if you admitted that you made crap up about me I would never respond to you again. You called me a liar and claimed I made stuff up about you. When I provided the proof in a multitude of your posts, you still never owned up to it.

The offer still stands… if you admit you made stuff up about me, I will never respond to one of your posts again.

The ball is in your court.
See? Rational and calm! lol

Here is the thread in question. You can read it for yourself.

This is more proof that you are making things up about me. Again. I clearly state if you admit that, I will put you on ignore. But you never did. And you claim I am reneging on what I said.

Black and white, bro. Read it.

Here is the thread in question. You can read it for yourself.

This is more proof that you are making things up about me. Again. I clearly state if you admit that, I will put you on ignore. But you never did. And you claim I am reneging on what I said.

Black and white, bro. Read it.
Maybe you should link the actual post. Post in thread 'Next season: Purdy??' https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/next-season-purdy.347964/post-8264342

I don't have anything to own up to. I don't make shit up about people, least of all you. That's not a character trait of mine though it happens to be a defining characteristic for you. I call things as I see them, and as I see it, you've been a snake as long as I've been on here. It's why I want no interaction with you even though I've never had to put anybody else on ignore before. The message was more than clear enough that I didn't want to have any interaction with you and that I would put you on ignore, and I did that. You can put me on ignore and we can go our separate ways, yet you refuse to do that. Why?

Maybe you should link the actual post. Post in thread 'Next season: Purdy??' https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/next-season-purdy.347964/post-8264342

I don't have anything to own up to. I don't make shit up about people, least of all you. That's not a character trait of mine though it happens to be a defining characteristic for you. I call things as I see them, and as I see it, you've been a snake as long as I've been on here. It's why I want no interaction with you even though I've never had to put anybody else on ignore before. The message was more than clear enough that I didn't want to have any interaction with you and that I would put you on ignore, and I did that. You can put me on ignore and we can go our separate ways, yet you refuse to do that. Why?
Read the thread. It’s all in there. You called me a liar and that I made things up. I showed evidence in several of your posts proving my point. I did not lie. I did not make things up. It’s all in that thread.

And now you lied again saying I reneged on some deal we made. I have proof, yet again, that I never made the deal you claim.

You are a liar who makes shit up about me. The proof is in YOUR OWN POSTS.

You want me to ignore you? Own up to it. I’m not even asking for an apology. Be a man and admit you made shit up about me. Why? You have called me out and attacked my integrity. Man up.

Last edited:

I just read the post you quoted. Where did I say I would no longer respond to your posts? And I did link the actual post. It stated clearly that if you admitted making stuff up about me, I would ignore you. I linked the post.

Last edited:
@oldjar07, let’s do this. You think I made stuff up about you. You think I lied. What was it I said that made you think that? Seriously, you believe it to be true and I believe it to be false. Was it that I said you begged me to put you on ignore?

If so, let me be the one to apologize. You asked me numerous times to put you on ignore. Because it was multiple times where you asked me to put you on ignore, I called it begging. If that’s the issue, then I apologize. You asked me. Not begged me.

If it’s something else, let me know, because I don’t make stuff up about other people. I don’t see eye to eye with everyone, obviously, but I don’t make stuff up.

We've all (well not all) got ourselves convinced that Nebraska is tight with the money. It's just not true.
Nebraska certainly isn't tight with the money when buying out failed head coaches.

This board has gotten so wild lately. I just imagine when I get to Lincoln for Christmas everyone will be fighting and bickering. Like a scene off the Simpsons. We'll be a few miles out and I'll be like, see that smoke from those tire fires kids, that's Lincoln.

There is little doubt that he was in fact at least Ed contacted by those schools. Whether or not he was offered a job is speculation but he’s no doubt an attractive candidate. If we wanted to keep him we had to pay the man and extend his contract.

How would we be more proactive? By possibly overpaying to start with? By trying to negotiate a raise in the middle of the season? That would be a terrible precedent.

Everything went perfect for once and people are still complaining. Classic NU. For maybe the first time ever we hired a young, up and coming coordinator who other teams actually wanted. Then that coordinator actually turned out to be good. And then we paid up to keep the guy when other teams tried to pry him away. He had his new contract 1 week after the season ended, right in time for recruiting. And then our staff took it a step further and turned it all into a positive by going around Omaha and telling recruits personally.

Hi Christian Jones. You are so important to NU that I drove up here to personally tell you I'm staying as the DC after a bunch of programs tried to hire me away because I'm so awesome.

The whole situation has been perfect so far with White.

@oldjar07, let’s do this. You think I made stuff up about you. You think I lied. What was it I said that made you think that? Seriously, you believe it to be true and I believe it to be false. Was it that I said you begged me to put you on ignore?

If so, let me be the one to apologize. You asked me numerous times to put you on ignore. Because it was multiple times where you asked me to put you on ignore, I called it begging. If that’s the issue, then I apologize. You asked me. Not begged me.

If it’s something else, let me know, because I don’t make stuff up about other people. I don’t see eye to eye with everyone, obviously, but I don’t make stuff up.
That's a start, but it's a little late for apologies at this point. Yes I have a problem with the word "begged", I've never begged another grown man for anything, let alone on a message board. I asked you in an adult manner, and if I requested it, there was a good reason for that. And it specifically deals with you, I've never had the same issue with any other poster. This shit where you twist my words around has been going on for as long as I've been on here, over a decade, and I'm very tired of it. I used to consider it a minor annoyance, but it's even taken dangerous turns at times with stalkerish behavior where you pull up posts from years ago which are irrelevant to the current context and so you can further twist events. Let me make it clear what the current context is, I don't want any association or interaction with you whatsoever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT