ADVERTISEMENT

Sevion Morrison announcement coming

That probably bodes well. On the HOL podcast they thought he might hold his commitment until signing day. This is probably (hopefully) good news.

That probably bodes well. On the HOL podcast they thought he might hold his commitment until signing day. This is probably (hopefully) good news.
It seems like great news. We had the lead over Arkansas and Missouri. I'm not sure anything has happened to change that. He had a dominant jr. year as a junior. And he has big time speed, having run a 10.5 100 meters. I think he'd still like an offer from OU, but they've got a five star and a four star out of Texas already committed. He'd be a great get at this point.

I realize his HUDL features highlights only BUT honestly just what makes him only a 5.6 3 star vs. those 4 and 5 stars that Oklahoma has recruited? How are those other guys so much better? He looks pretty good to me in the HUDL.

It seems like great news. We had the lead over Arkansas and Missouri. I'm not sure anything has happened to change that. He had a dominant jr. year as a junior. And he has big time speed, having run a 10.5 100 meters. I think he'd still like an offer from OU, but they've got a five star and a four star out of Texas already committed. He'd be a great get at this point.

Any idea if an ok state offer would give him pause? I see they don’t have any RBs commited and haven’t offered yet

That’s exactly it, I was going to post the same thing. Right now Huskers are the leader but he wants an OU offer and I believe he’d like to ultimately be a Sooner. Plus side for us is, like you mentioned, they have two top RBs committed to them right now and that appears to be their limit for RBs this year. So unless OU has a de commitment and they suddenly go after Morrison....he should be a Husker. GBR ☠️

Last edited:
Any idea if an ok state offer would give him pause? I see they don’t have any RBs commited and haven’t offered yet
I heard that either in-state school would be tough competition. But I'm not sure what the deal is with Oklahoma State. They are well aware of him. It seems to be a deal where OSU is in on a couple guys they like more than Morrison including a four star out of California. I think it's important to get a commitment from Morrison and then stay on top of him until signing day because he should get more offers as time goes on.

Runs a 10.5 100M? Legit? His film showed pretty much all long runs where he just outruns the competition , even slowing up near end zone. Didn’t really see any amazing cuts or spins/jukes. Vision seemed good. Reminded me of Josh Adams from ND. One quick, decisive move in the hole and out run the back 7. He’d probably be a heck of a fit in our system if he gets a crease.

I admit, I like the film of the other RB we are targeting a little more. Forget his name but he was one tough dude to bring down. But what do I know. Hopefully we nab this kid. GBR

I liked the film someone posted of Marvin Scott 3

As an addendum to my last post

Reactions: Dean Pope
Morrison says he ran a 10.5 as a sophomore, but my guess is that it was in a relay because it isn't listed as a school record.

Well I ran a 10.6 in the same race and beat him, I say

I realize his HUDL features highlights only BUT honestly just what makes him only a 5.6 3 star vs. those 4 and 5 stars that Oklahoma has recruited? How are those other guys so much better? He looks pretty good to me in the HUDL.

Living in Aledo TX I have a front row seat to one of OU's RB commits Jase McClellan. The kid announced his commitment as a Freshman and is absolutely amazing. He's a big part of the equation on why Aledo has won 2 out of the last 3 State Championships. Missing the championship win his Sophomore year by only one point. To me the Hudle films give you an idea of what these guys can do but when you see them in person you really understand what makes them special. Not saying Sevion isn't special but it would take a lot for me to put him over Jase or equal too...

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8747955/Jase-McClellan

Runs a 10.5 100M? Legit? His film showed pretty much all long runs where he just outruns the competition , even slowing up near end zone. Didn’t really see any amazing cuts or spins/jukes. Vision seemed good. Reminded me of Josh Adams from ND. One quick, decisive move in the hole and out run the back 7. He’d probably be a heck of a fit in our system if he gets a crease.

I admit, I like the film of the other RB we are targeting a little more. Forget his name but he was one tough dude to bring down. But what do I know. Hopefully we nab this kid. GBR
My thoughts exactly.

There's really nothing in his film that shows his ability to make people miss and/or break tackles - all you see is him hitting the hole and then outrunning everyone. As long as our o-line can create big holes then he'll be a great fit for this offense :)

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Living in Aledo TX I have a front row seat to one of OU's RB commits Jase McClellan. The kid announced his commitment as a Freshman and is absolutely amazing. He's a big part of the equation on why Aledo has won 2 out of the last 3 State Championships. Missing the championship win his Sophomore year by only one point. To me the Hudle films give you an idea of what these guys can do but when you see them in person you really understand what makes them special. Not saying Sevion isn't special but it would take a lot for me to put him over Jase or equal too...

McClellan is actually looking around and planning on taking visits.
https://us.blastingnews.com/sports/...t-mcclellan-as-he-takes-visits-002948585.html

Oklahoma will be loaded with talent when we play them in 2021 and 2022.

Reactions: kakdawg
I liked the film someone posted of Marvin Scott 3

As an addendum to my last post

Yeah I think I like Scott better as well. No doubt sevion can scoot, but it would be nice to have an all around back again. A combo of speed, power and some agility.

My thoughts exactly.

There's really nothing in his film that shows his ability to make people miss and/or break tackles - all you see is him hitting the hole and then outrunning everyone. As long as our o-line can create big holes then he'll be a great fit for this offense :)

He does a good job of finding the hole and hitting it hard. I'd rather have that than a guy who dances around and jukes too much. He'll get bigger and stronger after some time with Duval. But you can't teach speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT