ADVERTISEMENT

The reason behind the wait of DR’s announcement

ihuskcorn

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I’m sure there are multiple reasons behind DR’s slow decision announcement but might some of it be Dylan’s desire to wait until the recruiting dead period so Georgia can’t put a last minute pressure move on him?

I’m sure there are multiple reasons behind DR’s slow decision announcement but might some of it be Dylan’s desire to wait until the recruiting dead period so Georgia can’t put a last minute pressure move on him?
Sounds like they already did that anyways and it didn’t work. McCord would’ve been N if DR wasn’t. I think it’s a done deal.

I'd guess it's because he wants to confirm the details on his visit to Lincoln first and then announce in a more friendly environment (ie., Lincoln vs. Georgia). I do hope he announces on his visit though because I'd like to possibly see him attracting someone else to come with him.

I'd guess it's because he wants to confirm the details on his visit to Lincoln first and then announce in a more friendly environment (ie., Lincoln vs. Georgia). I do hope he announces on his visit though because I'd like to possibly see him attracting someone else to come with him.
I’d bet details are done before he gets on an airplane to LNK but surely wants to announce in a friendlier environment than 50 miles from UGA campus. Hopefully he isn’t taping a hat show😀

Reactions: Anegada1
Got to get to the stadium so he can film the verbal video....☠️☠️

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
The guy is definitely "N" barring a last second collapse of some kind. You have to believe that Kaelin knows for certain that DR is coming here otherwise he would not have set up a visit with MSU. And McCord's sudden change of heart makes sense as well since if DR is coming here then McCord was probably told that he could not be guaranteed a starting job.

Of course ... this is Nebraska football so I expect the worst case scenario. But not this time. As many others have noted, no way coach Raiola lets DR troll Nebraska like this.

Stay Calm The Office GIF

What a freaking wild week.

Gotta love barely controlled chaos.

We're going to be treated to when he touches down, what he has for dinner.

And who knows what weirdness outside of this is going to transpire over the next few days.

Luke McCaffrey brought in at wideout? Cam Newton on boarded to coach QB's? Bubba Starling deciding he'd like to play college ball? Bo Pelini revealed to the the top NIL donor that put the DR deal over the top?

• Haha
Reactions: Anegada1
The university can't announce his commitment until he's signed. It would have to be a presser set up by the family and at a non-campus location.
Doesn't he have to de-commit from Georgia first??

Doesn't he have to de-commit from Georgia first??
There's no formal commitment or de-commitment process. You sign a National Letter of Intent on the day (Dec. 20 or early February) or after. Then you enroll.

That written, he may already have de-committed, but committing and de-committing became a public thing only over the last two or three decades. And now this site and others like it make lots of dollars because we, as fans, need to know who's committed or not long before any real decisions have to be made.

Does he get a check when he announces? I hope it has a 4-5 year term to it...

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Maybe DR wants to start this year so younger brother can take over in 3 yr😁
when does class of '26 get ranked?

the top 100 have rankings - he's not included

from what I see he's still a 0* with just a single offer heading into his sophomore season. not even sure he's playing varsity football yet.

I bet he is making a production of a commitment video that incorporate his dad's name on the stadium this weekend. It just makes sense. Especially with his tweet today that was a screenshot of the definition of "purpose"

You heard it here first (I have not inside information)

Anytime these things take too long it makes me nervous. I made this comment in the Mccord thread...if it drags on too long it's a sign it's not happening.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskersNC
I think you are right. Everything points to DR being N & I will be shocked if he isn’t.
Agree. He wants to play right away and isn’t starting over Beck. If Beck goes pro, which he’s nothing more than a backup, then DR will be Georgia bound. Georgia is looking at the portal for a QB so I’m guessing he’s Neb. Wish these stud WR’s would follow so he’s not wasted for 3 years.

Agree. He wants to play right away and isn’t starting over Beck. If Beck goes pro, which he’s nothing more than a backup, then DR will be Georgia bound. Georgia is looking at the portal for a QB so I’m guessing he’s Neb. Wish these stud WR’s would follow so he’s not wasted for 3 years.
Iowa sucks.

IMO performance based NIL should be a thing. Just like the coaches contract. Just my .02
fair enough.

coaches' contracts are fully guaranteed for the entire term. and then additional performance incentives are added on top.

He’s already N

Anytime these things take too long it makes me nervous. I made this comment in the Mccord thread...if it drags on too long it's a sign it's not happening.
It’ll be okay Woman!
His buddies are bringing his sh1t right now.
2bptgr.jpg

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT