ADVERTISEMENT

The reason behind the wait of DR’s announcement

Interesting that as we anxiously await this one great recruit, UGA is planning for the departure of about 20 players into the portal. Most of them were “recruited over” by better and younger players even though it’s a cinch most of the 20 have a lot of talent. Someday that will hopefully be our problem. But for now we hope most of our talent stays out of the portal and it looks like that is what is happening.

UGA certainly wishes they had DR to add to their embarrassment of riches, but we need him!

Reactions: dinglefritz
He's Waiting to see the QB coaches contract, Hopefully the guy from Georgia.
I heard that one of the reasons he’s choosing NU over Georgia is that he’ll have a say in the offense. Under Mike Bobo he’ll be asked to strictly keep to the script in terms of plays. Here it sounds like we’ll let him do more impromptu things like Mahomes.

I heard that one of the reasons he’s choosing NU over Georgia is that he’ll have a say in the offense. Under Mike Bobo he’ll be asked to strictly keep to the script in terms of plays. Here it sounds like we’ll let him do more impromptu things like Mahomes.
Bobo is a dud.

No we arent allowing an 18 year old kid to freelance our offense at will.... Some fans make up rumors based in hope.

I think you underestimate how much the game has changed with NIL.
It hasnt changed to the point where we allow 18 year olds to call plays. Can he audible? Sure. Will they design and call plays to his strengths? Sure. None of that is any different than any qb on any team.
So tell me, outside of paying players to attend colleges how has the NIL changed the game? It hasnt. It made giving bags an above the table transaction that must be taxed.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
It hasnt changed to the point where we allow 18 year olds to call plays. Can he audible? Sure. Will they design and call plays to his strengths? Sure. None of that is any different than any qb on any team.
So tell me, outside of paying players to attend colleges how has the NIL changed the game? It hasnt. It made giving bags an above the table transaction that must be taxed.
When you start paying highly ranked recruits more than position coaches it drastically changes the power structure. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dylan has some say in who his QB coach is. The reason he’s likely to commit to NU is they’ve promised him more than the other guys, and more than just monetary compensation.

When you start paying highly ranked recruits more than position coaches it drastically changes the power structure. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dylan has some say in who his QB coach is. The reason he’s likely to commit to NU is they’ve promised him more than the other guys, and more than just monetary compensation.
Kinda like the QB on the replacements??

Man... I'm tired of trying the hero ball stuff..

But if you're gonna do it, you do it when you have a player of his caliber!

Man... I'm tired of trying the hero ball stuff..

But if you're gonna do it, you do it when you have a player of his caliber!
Given both the Riley and Frost eras I understand wanting to return to the basics. However, if Raiola isn’t in shotgun 90% of the time I’ll wonder why we recruited him.

Reactions: shocksker
I think you underestimate how much the game has changed with NIL.
The game has not changed, the people and their self motivations have. There is a certain amount of impromptu built into any O but the more off script the bigger challenge for the WRs, OL and RBs. I don't see DR having the physical dynamic to do much on the ground with his legs.

The game has not changed, the people and their self motivations have. There is a certain amount of impromptu built into any O but the more off script the bigger challenge for the WRs, OL and RBs. I don't see DR having the physical dynamic to do much on the ground with his legs.
Dylan won’t take a zone read 60 yards to the house, but what he will do is extend plays with his legs. If the pocket collapses he’ll scramble till he finds an open receiver, which may require some impromptu on his part and the route of his receiver. Dylan is deceptively agile and he’s hard to take down, he’s got the frame of his father( obviously lighter).

Reactions: dinglefritz
No we arent allowing an 18 year old kid to freelance our offense at will.... Some fans make up rumors based in hope.
Are you suggesting some of these posts are fabrications emanating from the wild imaginations of middle aged men?
I am ashamed of even the suggestion of such things.

• Haha
Reactions: shocksker
DR better be. Or Rhule will have an extremely tuff time here. A lot of fans will never forget it. Ultimately this falls on the staff to land recruits. ABC
You're not wrong. If this goes south it's gonna be torches and pitchforks

crowd riot GIF

Reactions: Frozone
I'd guess it's because he wants to confirm the details on his visit to Lincoln first and then announce in a more friendly environment (ie., Lincoln vs. Georgia). I do hope he announces on his visit though because I'd like to possibly see him attracting someone else to come with him.

Great point, read he was trying to recruit others to Georgia so hopefully he can bring in a couple for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT