ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Sunday Thread

Numbers probably make NU an 8 or 9. Eye test is a 7, maybe 6.

The fact that there were a few bid stealers yesterday may help nudge NU to a 7. Yes, probably wishful thinking.

Maybe Duquesne getting in will give NU a boost. Go Dukes!!

Simple math the average of 33 and 29 is 31. Divide that number by 4 regions. 7.75 seed. We should be right around at eight seed. I’m sure it’s not that simple though. Ha
And that would make us the strongest 8 seed . That would match up with Palms projection of us in the 8/9 game playing the weakest 1 Iowa state. But as you say probably not that simple.

Reactions: R Amazed and V-Doub
Final ESPN braketology has Nebraska 9th seed against 8 seed New Mexico in Omaha with Iowa St as #1 seed for a story line with Hoiberg..

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
If we play New Mexico in Omaha as 9th seed none of us will be crying..

And all 4 number 1 seeds are beatable if we play our best basketball. They’re all very good teams and all will be a tough out for whoever plays them. But I’m convinced they’re all beatable, especially if we can be the best version of us that night.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Thing that sucks is it’s probably nobody’s fault in our own AD

Going into the season, the way the system sets up there’s no reason for anyone remotely good to schedule us

A lose-lose proposition

Hopefully we can parlay this year’s success into a November tournament invite and actually put a nice non-con resume together
Had we gone 1-2 or worse in the Non Conf games you are referring to we might be sweating our invite right now.

23 wins looks a lot better than 20. We aren’t even ranked with 23 wins and are a lower seed projection than Wisconsin with a worse record and a 5th place finish in the Big10.

Reactions: RedLife
Had we gone 1-2 or worse in the Non Conf games you are referring to we might be sweating our invite right now.

23 wins looks a lot better than 20. We aren’t even ranked with 23 wins and are a lower seed projection than Wisconsin with a worse record and a 5th place finish in the Big10.
Keisei and Fred get us to the 7 line

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Since we’re paying closer attention this year, it will be interesting to see how many actual matchups these guys get right. I can see them doing relatively well with seeds, but the matchups are more a roll of the dice

Our Strength of Record is 24. ESPN also says we have a 57.7% chance of winning a first round game. That sounds more like a 6/7 to me. But I am more concerned with the matchup than the seed.

Reactions: V-Doub and maly
Final ESPN braketology has Nebraska 9th seed against 8 seed New Mexico in Omaha with Iowa St as #1 seed for a story line with Hoiberg..
I believe they still have NC and Houston 1 in the last one where did you see this ?

Our Strength of Record is 24. ESPN also says we have a 57.7% chance of winning a first round game. That sounds more like a 6/7 to me. But I am more concerned with the matchup than the seed.
7 seed seems to get upset a lot

Reactions: 90sman
Numbers probably make NU an 8 or 9. Eye test is a 7, maybe 6.

The fact that there were a few bid stealers yesterday may help nudge NU to a 7. Yes, probably wishful thinking.

Maybe Duquesne getting in will give NU a boost. Go Dukes!!
Dukes going dancing

Reactions: Husker4real

a good win means way, way more than a loss to a good team, which means nothing and might even almost be construed as a positive thing

Yes but that's the point: Wisconsin gets all sorts of seeding love for playing a tough non-conference schedule, even though the only good team they beat out of conference was Marquette.

If people love the idea of racking up a high number of wins, so be it. But it won't mean much at all this afternoon. Colorado has 24 wins, including 8 of its last 9, and might not even make the field because their non-conference schedule was weak.

Last edited:
Fans of everyone but a 1 seed think they deserve better.
If I said Nebraska deserves a two or three seed, that would be ridiculous. Considering Nebraskas record, what they did in conference play and winning one game in the conference tournament, I don’t think a six or seven seed is far fetched. I think perception plays some part.

Yes but that's the point: Wisconsin gets all sorts of seeding love for playing a tough non-conference schedule, even though the only good team they beat out of conference was Marquette.

If people love the idea of racking up a high numbers of wins, so be it. But it won't mean much at all this afternoon. Colorado has 24 wins, including 8 of its last 9, and might not even make the field because their non-conference schedule was weak.
If they don’t get in ( I think they will) they also play in a bad ( perceived) conference that will only get a couple in if they don’t.

So help me get this straight.

Fans want us to schedule "easy" teams in football as the formula for success like K-State did in the past.

But not BB as it hurts us in the long run now that we look back at it.

Did I get that right?

Fans want us to schedule "easy" teams in football as the formula for success like K-State did in the past.

Did I get that right?

It's almost like there are two different systems in place that force two different choices

Did I get that right?
Nice finger-wagging, but this isn’t 20/20 hindsight. Some of us argued all season that the anemic non-conference schedule would hurt Nebraska in terms of NCAA seeding.

And who is advocating playing cupcakes in football?

But hey, you sure told us!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT