ADVERTISEMENT

Season Win Totals

BTF69

Senior
Oct 18, 2023

I know that Purdue fan will be here in 1.21 gigawatts to explain why 4.5 is way off and they will win 8 games but I thought I would still post this.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Despite being a young team at many positions, there is still tons of veteran talent on both side of the ball. I predict a Pelini like year with comfortable wins against the bad to mediocre teams, but being either outclassed or talented by the truly good teams. So, I guess 9-4 as our final record including bowl outcome.

Reactions: huntered
Despite being a young team at many positions, there is still tons of veteran talent on both side of the ball. I predict a Pelini like year with comfortable wins against the bad to mediocre teams, but being either outclassed or talented by the truly good teams. So, I guess 9-4 as our final record including bowl outcome.
I’m not into numbers. Pelini only solidified that perspective for me by barely beating shitty teams and getting bent over by teams like Wisconsin.

9 would be sweet. Gotta have at least 6 and be bowl eligible. Sadly, this team needs to start playing sound, fundamental football and stop beating themselves with totally stupid mistakes.

Also, we need to start putting the QB on his ass or at least get good pressure on him. That will make a huge difference and the win column will reflect that.

Too many variables on this NU team to really predict in my opinion. Raiola looks great throwing the ball, but he is a true freshman. And if he gets injured look out. I doubt Kaelin is ready and HH is a joke. Not buying the hype that he has improved. Maybe he has, but how much? We have a veteran offensive line but they have not exactly been world beaters up to this point. Running back is a big question mark.

Defense is sketchy in secondary in terms of depth and they too must prove that they can get a stop late in games when it really matters, which is something they failed at last year.

We have a favorable schedule but so what? We struggled last year and lost to some very marginal teams. There is no guarantee that this will improve.

I am not drinking the kool aid this year. I am in a total prove it to me mode.

Last edited:
Too many variables on this NU team to really predict in my opinion. Raiola looks great throwing the ball, but he is a true freshman. And if he gets injured look out. I doubt Kaelin is ready and HH is a joke. Not buying the hype that he has improved. Maybe he has, but how much? We have a veteran offensive line but they have not exactly been world beaters up to this point. Running back is a big question mark.

Defense is sketchy in secondary in terms of depth and they too must prove that they an get a stop late in games when it really matters, which is something they failed at last year.

We have a favorable schedule but so what? We struggled last year and lost to some very marginal teams. There is no guarantee that this will improve.

Main issue last year was the turnovers. The passing game, injuries and kicking game were also bad but if we get to average turnovers we can make 7+

Defense is sketchy in secondary in terms of depth and they too must prove that they an get a stop late in games when it really matters, which is something they failed at last year.

Don't trust the kicking game and QB is unproven. But there are a lot of pieces in place. This could be anything from Frost year 7 to a breakout year. Will be interesting to watch.

It will all come down to QB play. I know that oversimplifies it but we win 8 last year with a competent QB. So let me see DR first.

Reactions: scarletred
Oh my god PU...that schedule!

They will need a miracle to win 5 games.

Defense is sketchy in secondary in terms of depth and they too must prove that they can get a stop late in games when it really matters, which is something they failed at last year.

I on board with you on this one. There is just no way to know what we really have. Aside from "on paper" things look OK but not necessarily world beaters.

On D we have a good front 3 and after that? Apparently what some thought was one of our best corners was moved to safety and he is too small there but with injuries he may be back. Where is the depth. Same at LB as we have not been overwhelming there and lost our main talent.

The O you pretty much hit it. It is one thing to have experienced WR's that can read coverages and make adjustments with an experienced QB or the other way around. Too many people think you just drop back and find someone open and throw it. There is a lot more that goes into than that and we just won't be there for a while this season, it takes lots of time. I think you will see some great plays followed by bone headed ones because opposing D's will confuse either our O line with blitzes which we have shown little ability to pick up, a WR corp that is inexperienced and a QB room that is equally young. Some growing up real quick will need to take place. I wouldn't for a second put all this on the QB, there is much much more going on.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This season kind of hinges on the Colorado game to some degree. We beat them and I think 8 wins is our basement. We lose and we are probably a 6-7 win team.

Reactions: V-Doub
This season kind of hinges on the Colorado game to some degree. We beat them and I think 8 wins is our basement. We lose and we are probably a 6-7 win team.

We beat CU and start 8-0 or 7-1 the entire state will go bonkers. I don’t think there’s any way to overstate that, but as you said, we need that win over CU.

-50 omg 😳 No way they keep that on the books through game day. Might as well take OSU rt now if you can I guess.
Right? It surly won't drop,

I wonder if it is still up. I am gonna check.

Still there today but I would think that line will get bet up to 52.5???

Reactions: V-Doub
Beat CU and the Skers should start 7-0.

I like the Nebraska bet. I honestly don’t know much about the other ones…gotta wait until after I get my Phil Steele college preview magazine.
That is my summer reading book! Ha

I like NU -24 a lot. I will be interested in the totals in that game too. I imagine UTEP will have a hard time scoring points.

I know that Purdue fan will be here in 1.21 gigawatts to explain why 4.5 is way off and they will win 8 games but I thought I would still post this.
If Rhule is the coach we think he is and Dylan Raiola actually throws TD passes

These "should" be our W's and Losses

W - UTEP - 90% chance @ a W
W - Colorado - 70% chance @ a W
W - UNI - 85% chance @ a W
W - Illinois - 65% chance @ a W
W - @Purdue - 60% chance @ a W
W - Rutgers - 70% chance @ a W
W - @Indiana - 60% chance @ a W
L - @Ohio State - 10% chance @ a W
W - UCLA - 65% chance @ a W
L - @USC - 25% chance @ a W
W - Wisconsin - 55% chance @ a W
L - @Iowa - 35% chance @ a W

If we still have turnoveritis and still don't know how to close out a game, we will again not make a bowl

If we still have turnoveritis and still don't know how to close out a game, we will again not make a bowl
I’m not seeing where Nebraska 35% chance of winning against the Clarkeyes.. should be 50/50..

Ohio St for sure. I'm not sure our chance is that low on USC. They have to prove they can play D and also see what life is like without Caleb WIlliams. I will say if Dylan Riaola is who we think he is and we get a few things on D and get any RB play we are going to be a tough out for anyone outside of Ohio St. With that said, I think we could still put some pressure on them as I think Rhule makes these kids believe.

I’m not seeing where Nebraska 35% chance of winning against the Clarkeyes.. should be 50/50..
I just think on the Las Vegas odds maker paper this is what it looks like with no history or bias... with that said I agree with you

Yep. We’ve on the 6-7 O/U wagon for a long time now. I am cautiously optimistic, but for too long we’ve been to the unders, until we go over I’ll pass on the kool aid.

I think the talk about HH improving is coach speak for the press and a hope to keep him around due to a limited QB room. Hard to change a throwing style in a short amount of time.

I am hopeful about the season but I havent had a sip of the kool aid in a long time.

I think the talk about HH improving is coach speak for the press and a hope to keep him around due to a limited QB room. Hard to change a throwing style in a short amount of time.

I am hopeful about the season but I havent had a sip of the kool aid in a long time.
HH wasn't too bad at first but after carrying the ball 15+ times a game a few times he didn't look the same. He was still better than Purdy when healthy though. I was remembering when Mickey put Purdy in against Indiana for a play when casey got hurt and he immediately fumbled it in the endzone for a td.

Exactly. It is the same bullshit we heard every year about Eric Crouch and Taylor Martinez supposedly becoming much better passers in the offseason only to show up with the same throwing mechanics in the Fall. The difference with those two guys from HH is that they were much better runners than HH and were streaky as passers. Once in a while they would have a great game slinging the ball around. HH? He isn't even streaky. He was good for one long bomb a game to a wide open guy but not much else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT