ADVERTISEMENT

Say It Ain't So Mo

I've also witnessed MJ bring out the rage in people if they can't get it. Contrary to what many assume, MJ can be highly addictive and life-altering in a bad way. In these instances, it has affected not just the user, but their family and friends.
I've seen the same with video games, being stuck in traffic, not getting their food on time.

Nicotine and Caffeine are physical addictions. MJ cessation is a situational thing like the ones mentioned above

Couple of questions that might have been asked already. I didn't take the time to scroll through all pages.
1) UNL is in the summer semester, correct? Does anyone know what the occupancy in the dorms is like right now?
2) how many people on this board would, while living in the dorms during a summer semester, smell weed and decide they better call the cops?
3) he received a citation. Does anyone know what the citation for paraphernalia is equivalent to?

I'm not impressed that this has happened as his sentencing date approaches, but I've been on a college campus during the summer, and it was a lot more chill than during the fall and spring semesters. I would like to know the story before I decide how I feel about this. Maybe someone asked him to cut it out because it was bothering their asthma, and he told them to F off. Maybe he was minding his own business, someone walked by and smelled it, and they went back to their room and called the cops. Maybe he was selling it out of his dorm room and stacking cash in his mini-fridge. I'd like to know before I make a judgement.
No one who's a non-smoker wants to smell that crap. Smoking weed in a dorm room is just stupid, and I doubt it was the first time it happened.

I have smoked the devil weed for 42 years. Learned at LSE in 1977. It does many things, but never triggers rage. Rage comes from elsewhere.

That said I occasionaly have jobs requiring a UA. I can argue all I want that it is now legal in Alaska, but if I fail the UA I do not get the job. I never have failed a test, and never tried to fake one. I just take a month to "study" for the test.

This anecdote is mainly for those feeling Mo is being unfairly persecuted. It is easy to stop if you need to, unlike cigs or alchol. It is also easy to use daily and never get caught, or has been for me.

The fact that this happened while he is out on bail for serious charges only underscores his poor decision making. This is not his second chance, he already has used that. Pot is not his trouble, life is, and despite all the help he has recieved, seems like he is still not able to get it straight.

I have smoked the devil weed for 42 years. Learned at LSE in 1977. It does many things, but never triggers rage. Rage comes from elsewhere.

That said I occasionaly have jobs requiring a UA. I can argue all I want that it is now legal in Alaska, but if I fail the UA I do not get the job. I never have failed a test, and never tried to fake one. I just take a month to "study" for the test.

This anecdote is mainly for those feeling Mo is being unfairly persecuted. It is easy to stop if you need to, unlike cigs or alchol. It is also easy to use daily and never get caught, or has been for me.

The fact that this happened while he is out on bail for serious charges only underscores his poor decision making. This is not his second chance, he already has used that. Pot is not his trouble, life is, and despite all the help he has recieved, seems like he is still not able to get it straight.

Yeah, Randy Gregory can quit any time he wants to...

Every doper that can’t quit ever in the history of the world ever had/has mental problems.

Signed,

Every stoner

And once again, I guess in this country you are now guilty until proven innocent - How do you know this was the case and how do you know he even smokes maybe it was a visitor or one of his room-mates - but instead we assume he is a bad kid

Wasn't he kicked out of multiple high schools, including a Christian school in Texas where he was mentored by Deion Sanders?

He has had many positive role models around him (Sanders, Frost, Ron Brown, the Husker Life Skills program) and still continues to make stupid decisions. At some point he has to be accountable.

Reactions: huskerj12
It does not matter who else partakes. It does not matter that pot is legal in other states.

Pot is not legal in this state...yet. And NU athletics and Frost do not condone drug use. It's really simple. If you want to benefit from being a student athlete at The University of Nebraska....you follow rules and expectations....and the law.

Ive never smoked a cigarette or a joint but give me the second hand smoke from weed 8 days a week over cigs

Lets be honest. It was 1 in the morning. Mo shares a room with 3 other football players. Probably safe to assume the "3" other people were his room mates. Gonna go out on a really thick limb and say its not the 1st 2nd or 3rd time that their neighbors complained about loud music or the smell of weed. He just gave his neighbors a perfect excuse to call the campus police. He is an idiot who only cares about himself.

Found the Narc;)

^^^^
tumblr_lmbxjyx8sb1qcm4cio1_400.gif

Reactions: keilwitzg
Yeah, Randy Gregory can quit any time he wants to...

Wasn't he kicked out of multiple high schools, including a Christian school in Texas where he was mentored by Deion Sanders?

He has had many positive role models around him (Sanders, Frost, Ron Brown, the Husker Life Skills program) and still continues to make stupid decisions. At some point he has to be accountable.

Deion Sanders is a poor choice as a role model. Hell, he is a poor human being in many ways.

Reactions: bigboxes

The governor just signed a hemp farming bill into law. This is the stepping stone to farming cannabis as anyone with a brain knows. They are simply waiting for it to be passed on a national law. So you have to be a hypocrite to continue to prosecute citizens for cannabis knowing full well you want to make millions taxing the growing of cannabis the minute it becomes legal. The counter argument is it is not legal yet, to that I say bump that you just signed a hemp bill so you are sending a message with that.

Reactions: RedMyMind
How is this even an argument? Recreational use, opinions, location, doesn't matter. It's illegal in Nebraska and most likely against campus rules. I've never stepped foot in a UNL dorm but I haven't been out of college for that long so I assume it's not only against campus rules but probably team rules too. The guy literally has a pending misdemeanor and felony charge in California and is now in trouble with the law again involving drugs. Smoked it or not, doesn't matter, he's now associated with it in the eyes of the law. Not a good look. It's everything combined all into one that has caused the problem(s). What's confusing here? Very simple.

Reactions: otismotis08
How is this even an argument? Recreational use, opinions, location, doesn't matter. It's illegal in Nebraska and most likely against campus rules. I've never stepped foot in a UNL dorm but I haven't been out of college for that long so I assume it's not only against campus rules but probably team rules too. The guy literally has a pending misdemeanor and felony charge in California and is now in trouble with the law again involving drugs. Smoked it or not, doesn't matter, he's now associated with it in the eyes of the law. Not a good look. It's everything combined all into one that has caused the problem(s). What's confusing here? Very simple.
Not confusing at all. Our culture has devolved to where people value their agendas more than personal responsibility, courtesy, and/or being civil.

It's so funny that the federal government made marijuana public enemy number one back in the day without any real reason and yet the baby boomer generation still holds on to that thought. Blue hairs...
Oh there was a reason it became a schedule 1 designee...Jews, "inner city" inhabitants, hippies (anti-war protesters) jazz community etc. were all seen as a threat to the higher ups so by criminalizing it with the legal punishments that came with being classified as a schedule 1 it was a way to keep the dissidents in check.

It's so funny that the federal government made marijuana public enemy number one back in the day without any real reason and yet the baby boomer generation still holds on to that thought. Blue hairs...
Taking a basically harmless plant when smoked, which was largely used by a very specific population to the point that it was part of the culture, and making it illegal and prosecuting it and throwing people in jail over it, even decades later, is an example of the subtle effectiveness of institutional racism.

The reason why it's illegal does matter. That's the point. There isn't a good reason for it being illegal. Thus, why we really shouldn't care if he got in trouble for having a paraphernalia pipe. Because the fact that it's illegal is BS. Life isn't as black and white as you would like to believe it is.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
The reason why it's illegal does matter. That's the point. There isn't a good reason for it being illegal. Thus, why we really shouldn't care if he got in trouble for having a paraphernalia pipe. Because the fact that it's illegal is BS. Life isn't as black and white as you would like to believe it is.
It's perfectly black and white. Life isn't complicated, people make life complicated. Let's be perfectly clear. If he doesn't have the Cali case and just has this on him, whatever, no big deal, happens all the time, make him puke a week straight during summer workouts. It's about the fact that he's making these choices while still being in trouble with the law in a much more significant case. Whether anyone in Nebraska likes it or not, it's 100% illegal in this state and until that's changed, we have to follow the law. If you choose not to, cool, make your own decisions, that's fine, that's on you and and you need to be ready to deal with the consequences. Why is that difficult?

Popeye was a junkie with all that spinach. Spinach is worse than weed

It's perfectly black and white. Life isn't complicated, people make life complicated. Let's be perfectly clear. If he doesn't have the Cali case and just has this on him, whatever, no big deal, happens all the time, make him puke a week straight during summer workouts. It's about the fact that he's making these choices while still being in trouble with the law in a much more significant case. Whether anyone in Nebraska likes it or not, it's 100% illegal in this state and until that's changed, we have to follow the law. If you choose not to, cool, make your own decisions, that's fine, that's on you and and you need to be ready to deal with the consequences. Why is that difficult?
Not sure why this argument is hard to accept. To summarize:
1. the prohibition on pot is idiotic when compared to the fact that beer, wine and booze flow freely.
2. even if weed were legal in NE, it wouldn't be legal for Mo as he is under 21.
3. while his infraction is a relatively minor one, it is a violation of team rules and comes at a time when he is dealing with a dicey legal matter in another state.
4. Mo is showing a pattern of poor decision making and this is troubling as his talent on the football field looks innate and his ceiling as a player is really high.
5. Mo needs to work on Mo.

Is marajuana legal in any state for a 19 year old? If it were legal here, would this be just like a MIP. Still stupid when you have a court date for a felony in a week.

Taking a basically harmless plant when smoked, which was largely used by a very specific population to the point that it was part of the culture, and making it illegal and prosecuting it and throwing people in jail over it, even decades later, is an example of the subtle effectiveness of institutional racism.

Ah a SJW, the cancer among us.

It does not matter who else partakes. It does not matter that pot is legal in other states.

Pot is not legal in this state...yet. And NU athletics and Frost do not condone drug use. It's really simple. If you want to benefit from being a student athlete at The University of Nebraska....you follow rules and expectations....and the law.
If Top Ramen, beef flavor, is forbidden...don't buy/eat it. Pretty simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT