ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield

Exactly...funny thing is SUH WOULD EVEN TELL YOU THIS.

Also mentioned Glenn Dorsey (think that was his name). All American DL at LSU who was a first rounder. Pelini basically told Suh he couldn't hold his jock strap unless he made some changes....and him.and Carl would get him there. Suh trusted him...

Holla
Yup, Suh admitted it , that truth between them was huge. I always thought the Pellini's we're solid D coaches, I think all the dudes they put in the NFL speaks volumes.

Reactions: kakdawg
Yup, Suh admitted it , that truth between them was huge. I always thought the Pellini's we're solid D coaches, I think all the dudes they put in the NFL speaks volumes.

I hate to say it but the locals never got over BP and his last recorded speech. They took that fan bash personal and he will never be forgiven for that.

Holla

Never said he was a GREAT coach (go look). I said he was a GOOD coach and I'll stand by it. You don't coach as long as he did switching conferences and win as many games as he did by being an average or bad coach. You guys are having trouble separating his off the field, ass hole, screw the fans persona vs what his team's done on the field. You are what your record says you are and what he did at Nebraska suggests he was a "good coach" whether you like him or not.

Holla
I thought his value as a DC was over rated as well. He had tremendous talent at LSU in both stints there and gave up tons of points. I just think better coaches with similar talent exposed his short comings as a coach. I think your position is reasonable.

Reactions: king_kong_
Ruhle deserves credit for that. This isn't a Ruhle vs Bo thing tho.

So you think BP was "lucky" for however many years he was here due to talent and favorable schedule?

Holla
I think he did nothing more and nothing less than what would've been expected of anyone

I thought his value as a DC was over rated as well. He had tremendous talent at LSU in both stints there and gave up tons of points. I just think better coaches with similar talent exposed his short comings as a coach. I think your position is reasonable.

So didn't he win a title as LSU DC? U think any average DC does that?

Holla

So didn't he win a title as LSU DC? U think any average DC does that?

Holla
They won a title. I don’t believe Pelini’s coordinating was a difference making factor. They had tremendous talent and still gave up huge numbers of yards and points to some teams…just like he did at NU. He was not a dominant DC IMO. I think the narrative of him being some kind of a defensive savant has been proven erroneous in several different stints. JMO

• Haha
Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
They won a title. I don’t believe Pelini’s coordinating was a difference making factor. They had tremendous talent and still gave up huge numbers of yards and points to some teams…just like he did at NU. He was not a dominant DC IMO. I think the narrative of him being some kind of a defensive savant has been proven erroneous in several different stints. JMO

The players who played on that Championship LSU team and those who played on those stout Nebraska defensive teams would completely disagree with you . I would have to do the same. LSU has always had talent so he got more out of it. Suh and those guys are on record as to how much Bo meant for their development. A guy like Will Compton as well .

Like I said most fans just can't separate themselves from off the field Bo and what he said to even acknowledge what he was As a fan I will never get so invested that I can't take a step back and see it for what it really is. That's why I was one of the first to see Scott Frost for what he was as a coach even though I loved him as a player. Gotta separate yourself.

Forget Bo who talked shit about the fans and chancellor and remember what he did as a coach. Most of those close to the program can't. I can...

Holla

I hate to say it but the locals never got over BP and his last recorded speech. They took that fan bash personal and he will never be forgiven for that.

Holla
Yep

The media hated Bo because he did not like them and they did everything they could to **** with him...I get it, I would have as well.

They did the opposite, because they had to) with Frost for a very long time.

The players who played on that Championship LSU team and those who played on those stout Nebraska defensive teams would completely disagree with you . I would have to do the same. LSU has always had talent so he got more out of it. Suh and those guys are on record as to how much Bo meant for their development. A guy like Will Compton as well .

Like I said most fans just can't separate themselves from off the field Bo and what he said to even acknowledge what he was As a fan I will never get so invested that I can't take a step back and see it for what it really is. That's why I was one of the first to see Scott Frost for what he was as a coach even though I loved him as a player. Gotta separate yourself.

Forget Bo who talked shit about the fans and chancellor and remember what he did as a coach. Most of those close to the program can't. I can...

Holla
Huskers fans NEED to believe the coach LOVES them.

• Love
You don't think Bo was a good football coach at Nebraska? Why?

Holla
He was not a good game day coach. And started to get lazy with recruiting. Did they develop a few guys? Sure. But not near enough to be proven a good coach

Holla
I can separate it. Look at some of the scores of some of those games in their championship year then look at some of his scores for us against Wisconsin. Some OCs abused Bo’s defenses when he didn’t have a guy like Suh and sometimes when they did.

He failed horribly his last go round at LSU as well. I hope he has a good life going now. I really do but I think he was an average at best college DC. The flip side of that is that I think he hired OCs who deserved more credit than they got for the wins we got.

Side note- a reminder when some bash the walk on program and get fixated on the # of "stars".

"The defense was led once again by Isaac Gifford who had 10 tackles, two for loss and at least one pass breakup. He was all over the field and at times I wondered if there were two #2s on the defense. John Bullock added 7 stops and Phalen Sanford (6 tackles) is playing extremely well as a backup turned starter."

*And don't forget Remier our best LB... is also a walk on.
This is insane.

NU could end up with 2-3 guys that make an all conference team that were walkons.

Reactions: king_kong_
This is insane.

NU could end up with 2-3 guys that make an all conference team that were walkons.
Maybe 2nd or 3rd team. Michigan and OSU have upper level talent. We play well as a team but the sun is greater than it’s parts IMO. Nash is really probably the only guy offenses have to game plan around so far.

I can separate it. Look at some of the scores of some of those games in their championship year then look at some of his scores for us against Wisconsin. Some OCs abused Bo’s defenses when he didn’t have a guy like Suh.

He failed horribly his last go round at LSU as well. I hope he has a good life going now. I really do but I think he was an average at best college DC. The flip side of that is that I think he hired OCs who deserved more credit than they got for the wins we got.

So you wanna look at the scores of him vs the 3,4 games he lost every year as opposed to the 9 or 10 he won? Is that not selective?

We don't wanna look at him at him and his record as a while? Just the Wisconsin or OSU games?

Honestly as a whole I generally don't care what he did when he wasn't at Nebraska. For the most part it's irrelevant.

You can micro scope him if you wanna find holes in his game. My point is do that with everyone Don't make it just Bo

Want an example? Go back and view Tim Osbornes record before the mid 99s vs teams who had equal or better talent. Guarantee you it'll knock some shine off of what you remember.

I judge the big picture. Say what you want about Bo. Blame it in lack of competition or whatever but the numbers don't lie. He won at a clip that Nebraska hasn't seen since TO. He won 9 games with the 08 team and that was one of the best coaching years I've seen at Nebraska since maybe this year so far. That dude was definitely better than an average coach AT NEBRASKA.

I'll pretty much die on that hill. I'm ok if most don't agree for whatever reasons. Just remember when u do disagree u set precedence that every coach before and after have to live by.

Holla

He was not a good game day coach. And started to get lazy with recruiting. Did they develop a few guys? Sure. But not near enough to be proven a good coach

So he wasn't what his record said he was?? But every other coach who blew a whistle at Nebraska was?? Again we can nit pick any coach. I'm talking big picture.

Holla

So you wanna look at the scores of him vs the 3,4 games he lost every year as opposed to the 9 or 10 he won? Is that not selective?

We don't wanna look at him at him and his record as a while? Just the Wisconsin or OSU games?

Honestly as a whole I generally don't care what he did when he wasn't at Nebraska. For the most part it's irrelevant.

You can micro scope him if you wanna find holes in his game. My point is do that with everyone Don't make it just Bo

Want an example? Go back and view Tim Osbornes record before the mid 99s vs teams who had equal or better talent. Guarantee you it'll knock some shine off of what you remember.

I judge the big picture. Say what you want about Bo. Blame it in lack of competition or whatever but the numbers don't lie. He won at a clip that Nebraska hasn't seen since TO. He won 9 games with the 08 team and that was one of the best coaching years I've seen at Nebraska since maybe this year so far. That dude was definitely better than an average coach AT NEBRASKA.

I'll pretty much die on that hill. I'm ok if most don't agree for whatever reasons. Just remember when u do disagree u set precedence that every coach before and after have to live by.

Holla
You don’t judge the big picture when it comes to our starting QB

Holla
No. I would LOVE to forget the score of that B1G championship game where a crappy WI team backed in to the game and then destroyed Bo’s defense. He did an awful job preparing his teams at times. His last Holiday Bowl? YIKES! I have no doubt Bo’s players loved him. My favorite football coach was a guy who decked a kid at his previous school. I respect your opinion but obviously. view his record much differently than you do. I’ve said many times winning is hard and could have lived with Bo as our coach for a long time if not for the pathological behavior. That doesn’t make him a great or even above average head coach.

wrong.

Bo's antics were embarrassing.

there's a reason he's no longer gainfully employed - in addition to being a stark raving lunatic, he was also not that good a football coach
And a relatively piss poor defensive coach, which was his supposed calling card.

That was his undoing at YSU once he ran out of Nebraska players who had followed him there.

That was his undoing at LSU.

That's why he's not coaching anywhere today.

Nobody has a use for a DC that can't coach defense.

• Haha
Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
You don’t judge the big picture when it comes to our starting QB

Of course I do. I don't think we win BECAUSE of our starting QB like you do. I think our starting QB is a below average QB who is along for a ride. He makes as many mistakes as he does game winning plays. You seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I think he's closer to the end piece of the loaf

If I was rating reasons why we were winning our starting QB would be behind our HC, or DC, our DL, our LBs/OLBs and our secondary.

That's how I see it. I give RUHLE the same credit I'm giving Bo for doing what he did. You in the other hand wanna give it HH. Sorry I don't see it that way.

Holla

Of course I do. I don't think we win BECAUSE of our starting QB like you do. I think our starting QB is a below average QB who is along for a ride. He makes as many mistakes as he does game winning plays. You seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I think he's closer to the end piece of the loaf

If I was rating reasons why we were winning our starting QB would be behind our HC, or DC, our DL, our LBs/OLBs and our secondary.

That's how I see it. I give RUHLE the same credit I'm giving Bo for doing what he did. You in the other hand wanna give it HH. Sorry I don't see it that way.

Holla
This is based on 6 games, not potential or holistic

The literal opposite of big picture

No. I would LOVE to forget the score of that B1G championship game where a crappy WI team backed in to the game and then destroyed Bo’s defense. He did an awful job preparing his teams at times. His last Holiday Bowl? YIKES! I have no doubt Bo’s players loved him. My favorite football coach was a guy who decked a kid at his previous school. I respect your opinion but obviously. view his record much differently than you do. I’ve said many times winning is hard and could have lived with Bo as our coach for a long time if not for the pathological behavior. That doesn’t make him a great or even above average head coach.

Well I'm hoping like hell we can hire another "average" coach like Bo who can somehow win us 9/10 games a year. I pray like hell Ruhle can somehow be YOUR "average" (9-10 wins a year).

Holla

This is based on 6 games, not potential or holistic

The literal opposite of big picture

Big picture is what I have right now now to judge it/him on. I can't give credit or place blame on something that hasn't happened yet.

My picture is what I have seen at Nebraska ...PERIOD. I can't judge him for next year or the year after . When it happens my opinions will be based on that.

You want me to try and project??? Seriously? If that's the case I think we hit the portal and find another QB after probably winning 7 this year. That's a projection. Not basing on what you have already seen and have knowledge of

Holla

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well I'm hoping like hell we can hire another "average" coach like Bo who can somehow win us 9/10 games a year. I pray like hell Ruhle can somehow be YOUR "average" (9-10 wins a year).

Holla
With the resources we have that should be the expectation. Our schedule does look tougher next year. Winning 9-10 is probably going to get a little tougher with the addition of the Pac12 schools.

Win the games you should win and represent Nebraska well and I can deal with some losses.

I thought it was Shatel. Bo's downfall started when Carl left for FAU.
I don't actually know so it could've been Shatel.

It's definitely something Dirk would do though, haha! And that's me assuming Dirk is actually a good guy.

Big picture is what I have right now now to judge it/him on. I can't give credit or place blame on something that hasn't happened yet.

My picture is what I have seen at Nebraska ...PERIOD. I can't judge him for next year or the year after . When it happens my opinions will be based on that.

You want me to try and project??? Seriously? If that's the case I think we hit the portal and find another QB after probably winning 7 this year. That's a projection. Not basing on what you have already seen and have knowledge of

Holla
not asking you to project

but you're judging based on the box score, not the big picture

I will be more impressed when we actually beat someone with a winning record. Crowning White as defensive genius is a bit premature. Granted, his aide of the ball is playing very well against the lower tier teams we have played.

Does the fact we have so many walk on say more about them, White or our lousey recruiting?

Some posters go on and on and on about worthless the B1G and especially the west are and in the same breath, heap all sorts of world beater praise on a team that is still finding its way.

Disagree completely. Maybe yall don't remember Suh before Bo and Carl got there. Do yourself a favor and go and watch games before that time. There was nothing generational great about Suh.

Holla
That’s what I remember, didn’t even really know who Suh was until they started using him in the offense on goal line plays in 08.

• Love
So u wanna make our offense WORSE?

Holla
I feel option and RPOs slow down the QB. What CFB team has won it all since Neb running the option. What team has ever won it all in the Big 10 running the option?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT