ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield

Huzkers25

Walk On
Jan 10, 2017
1. “Offensive coordinators don't get praised around here, so I'll probably be in the minority on this. But I thought Marcus Satterfield did a nice job on Saturday. Considering what the offensive coordinator has to work with on offense — so many key injuries and so much inexperience out there, along with a patchwork offensive line — I'm not sure you can judge the guy on this season. But there were several highlights: the touchdown pass to Thomas Fidone at the goal-line, then dialing up the deep touchdown pass to Jaylen Lloyd and some option plays that moved the chains at the right time. The one thing I can't understand — and can't stand — is putting the quarterback in shotgun on fourth-and-one. Jeff Sims probably doesn't help his own cause, but put him under center and sneak for the one and the fumble is less likely to happen. End of rant.”

I agree with this assessment and would also put Raiola in this category of way overblown criticism.

I can't give Rhule and Satt enough credit for making a necessary change after week 2 and grinding with this team

they have displayed a major growth mindset and I am insanely impressed by their willingness to tailor everything to the 11 guys out there

most fun I've had since Stuntz to Crouch

1. “Offensive coordinators don't get praised around here, so I'll probably be in the minority on this. But I thought Marcus Satterfield did a nice job on Saturday. Considering what the offensive coordinator has to work with on offense — so many key injuries and so much inexperience out there, along with a patchwork offensive line — I'm not sure you can judge the guy on this season. But there were several highlights: the touchdown pass to Thomas Fidone at the goal-line, then dialing up the deep touchdown pass to Jaylen Lloyd and some option plays that moved the chains at the right time. The one thing I can't understand — and can't stand — is putting the quarterback in shotgun on fourth-and-one. Jeff Sims probably doesn't help his own cause, but put him under center and sneak for the one and the fumble is less likely to happen. End of rant.”

I agree with this assessment and would also put Raiola in this category of way overblown criticism.
I agree. He gave HH some nice 1-read passes, like the TD to Fidone. I thought he did a great job today.

This is a Bo team...which for some reason some dongs hated.
I love it. They are beating teams they should, the D shuts down the crap teams.
At some point, even for Rhule, 9-10 wins (as max production) won't be enough for a program like Nebraska. Expectations will be raised, as they should.

BUT Rhule can have Pelini type results and be here for a long time as long as he doesn't act like a psychopath.

At some point, even for Rhule, 9-10 wins (as max production) won't be enough for a program like Nebraska. Expectations will be raised, as they should.

BUT Rhule can have Pelini type results and be here for a long time as long as he doesn't act like a psychopath.
Ehhh, We loved Bo for being a bad ass...until he did not win enough.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
This is a Bo team...which for some reason some dongs hated.
I love it. They are beating teams they should, the D shuts down the crap teams.
I think the defense is much more well rounded than what Pelini ever fielded. Yes he had standout players like Suh(practically won games by himself), David, Gregory. His scheme was also completely exposed at times and I also believe it was too complex.

Point being, I believe Tony White and the 3-3-5 is the best defense I’ve seen since the Osborne era.

Trying to be a bad ass against your own fanbase rarely works out.
No no no...the fan base ended up hating him...and before him BC and Cos and Solich and later Riley (sort of) and Banker and Frost...

Bo hated us for all the right reasons...we are annoying as are all fan bases with high expectations.

If you think Matt likes us, you are nuts.

The thing I like best about Satt is that he appears to match/adjust the plays to the talent he has. Unlike some other OCs he doesn't try to force a square peg into a round hole.

I think the defense is much more well rounded than what Pelini ever fielded. Yes he had standout players like Suh(practically won games by himself), David, Gregory. His scheme was also completely exposed at times and I also believe it was too complex.

Point being, I believe Tony White and the 3-3-5 is the best defense I’ve seen since the Osborne era.
That could be. BUT we have also played CRAP teams.

We played two teams with an offense...and well, you can figure out who those teams were and what happened.

No no no...the fan base ended up hating him...and before him BC and Cos and Solich and later Riley (sort of) and Banker and Frost...

Bo hated us for all the right reasons...we are annoying as are all fan bases with high expectations.

Pelini didn't have an excuse. He was a former coordinator. He knew exactly what he what he was getting into. So he needed to STFU about the fans and media. Welcome to coaching at a blueblood.

Obviously since all these coaches moved on to bigger and better 🙄

I could only dream of 9 to 10 win seasons. If that happens with this new league everybody should be happy but I understand fans.

I wish they would dump the option and RPO stuff. Instead run toss sweep and counter and FB dive. There is plenty of play action off these plays.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
We went from one offense to another. Got one sequence in the the 4th we ran I formation all downs. We gotta a FB trap play too... (Was stuffed)

Yep he has done a great job considering what he has to work with. Our coaches are better than our opponents coaches week in and week out. I don't think we have much more talent than any other big ten team so Thule should be coach of the year if we go 8-4

Yep he has done a great job considering what he has to work with. Our coaches are better than our opponents coaches week in and week out. I don't think we have much more talent than any other big ten team so Thule should be coach of the year if we go 8-4
He's done an incredible job, but we have forgotten that these are foes we should expect to defeat

Bo regressed. He went from competing with the B+/A- teams to knowing they’d be a loss and getting publicly humiliated

I love our D but cannot compare yet. People seem to forget how good Bo could coach D.

Nebraska finished 2009 with the nation's No. 1 scoring defense for only the second time in school history (1984). The Nebraska defense also led the country in pass efficiency defense and red zone efficiency defense, and it finished in the top ten in the four major defensive categories (scoring, total, pass efficiency, rushing) for the first time since 1999.

We also held National Championship runner up ( and Colt McCoy heisman finalist) to 13 points and should’ve won that game.
Texas were defeated by Alabama 37–21. Texas finished the season ranked #2 in the AP and coaches poll.

Oh and Nebraska capped it off at the Holiday Bowl, where they defeated Arizona 33–0.

So bottom line that D in 2009 was unreal.

The 2023 D is playing great and the future is real bright but let’s not forget our only legit team we played this year Michigan ran it down our throats.

I love Tony's scheme but to say it's better than any defense Bo fielded after 8 games is kinda crazy. Not to mention some of these offenses and QBs we have faced have been down right awful.

I definitely "like" Tony better than Bo but I couldn't fix my mouth to say his defense is better than anything Bo did YET. In fact I'll take that 09 defense over this current defense. I'm not sure it's even close yet tbh.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT