ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield + Holgorson

Satt has only been the OC with Rhule at 1 stop Temple. He was OC/Qb , but the 2nd year he wasn’t the QB that was the change not OC demotion. At Baylor he wasTE coach only. If Severe said this he doesn’t know what he is talking about.
good clarification, thanks

not surprised to hear local media are clueless

no idea why anyone takes what him or sipple or sharpe say seriously

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Satterfield's coaching in the past decade per Wiki
2013–2014 Temple (OC/QB)
2015 Temple (OC/RB)
2016–2017 Tennessee Tech
2018–2019 Baylor (TE)
2020 Carolina Panthers (asst. OL)
2021–2022 South Carolina (OC/QB) --> note not with Rhule
2023–present Nebraska (OC/QB)

This is getting to be a real dumb thread.
A. Not going think I know more than Head Coach M.R. and judge any coach based on year one, just plain stupid.
B. Why does Satt need to be canned to bring on Dana? News flash, you can have both and have two minds working to a common goal.

This is getting to be a real dumb thread.
A. Not going think I know more than Head Coach M.R. and judge any coach based on year one, just plain stupid.
B. Why does Satt need to be canned to bring on Dana? News flash, you can have both and have two minds working to a common goal.
how many years does it take before it's okay to judge?

just want to make sure I update the log.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
hiring dana would be like when iowa state added mark mangino at that spot. i don't see the personality fit with rhule. plus, dana likes to run that hal mumme/mike leach air raid type offense that doesn't fit your head man's sets.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
3 years fella, much like any NFL or College football coach is given. Any more brain busters?
what if I told you every single assistant coach Rhule hired was given a 2-year contract?

except the OL coach, who has now been retained on back to back 1-year deals?

hiring dana would be like when iowa state added mark mangino at that spot. i don't see the personality fit with rhule. plus, dana likes to run that hal mumme/mike leach air raid type offense that doesn't fit your head man's sets.
DH with U of H last year Ran the ball 45.21%. Passed the ball 54.79%

Nebraska with slim receivers and limited QB throwing ability- Ran the rock 62.24%...passed the ball 37.76%. I guarantee MR wished he could have that more balanced.

Why couldn't a Dana-Nebraska marriage work?

Nebraska with slim receivers and limited QB throwing ability- Ran the rock 62.24%...passed the ball 37.76%. I guarantee MR wished he could have that more balanced.

my view watching dana over the years in this conference is that he runs an air raid offense that is quite opposite of what i think rhule wants to see at N. dana's also a big personality, like mangino. and i don't see a good fit with rhule's style in that way either. in my view, dana's a ding-bat, maybe alcoholic, but that's probably a bit harsh.

6 of Houston’s 8 losses were by double digits. That would tend to force the offense to throw more, trying to catch up. It is typically why teams with poor records, that aren’t service academies or wishbone type teams, will throw the ball more than they would normally do.

my view watching dana over the years in this conference is that he runs an air raid offense that is quite opposite of what i think rhule wants to see at N. dana's also a big personality, like mangino. and i don't see a good fit with rhule's style in that way either. in my view, dana's a ding-bat, maybe alcoholic, but that's probably a bit harsh.
Although I don't like the guy and think he's pretty arrogant- Steve Sarkisian hit rock bottom, fired as an alcoholic and bounced back nicely. All I'm saying is a football guy can coach football. I haven't seen Dana in any bad headlines or trouble...or even lash out at press conferences etc. If he has please share.

Don't know why I downgraded him. Oregon has a comparable (if not better) RB room to what NU had in 2011. NU had Rex, AA, Heard and Green. Both Green and Heard were top 10 RB recruits in their classes. AA was not as well regarded, but turned out to be the best of the lot. If Dowdell has the kind of productivity that Green had at TCU in his last 2 years (922 and 1272), I'll take that every day and twice on Sundays.
I was thinking along the same lines regarding relative strength of position groups. Great programs have lots of great players.

Oregon had at least four running backs in 2023 who were likely better than any single running back we had this year. And we got No. 4 to transfer to Nebraska.

Who was Nebraska's fourth-best back in 1995? Benning? Childs? Sims? I'd take any of their equivalents today and make him our starter.

No doubt about it.

Satt past three years as OC

Giveaways per game (rank)
2023 - 133 (dead last)
2022 - 119
2021 - 123

There ya go. Three years of data.
Didn't know Satt was throwing the balls himself or pounding the rock. An overrated Spenser Rattler at QB and bascially JV QB's last year. Wanna bet that goes way down this next year?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Although I don't like the guy and think he's pretty arrogant- Steve Sarkisian hit rock bottom, fired as an alcoholic and bounced back nicely. All I'm saying is a football guy can coach football. I haven't seen Dana in any bad headlines or trouble...or even lash out at press conferences etc. If he has please share.

• Love
And Bill Snyder, control freak that he was, probably was OCD.

Yet he's in the College Football Hall of Fame next to the head man at Iowa. And Snyder is largely responsible for Fry's success and Iowa's resurgence in addition to K-State's 30-year run of pretty good.

Coincidentally, Fry and Snyder both have the same number of national titles.

Reactions: scarletred
I don’t know why people are having a hard time grasping this. He’s led turnover machines at multiple schools. It’s a not a coincidence.
Maybe fans look at Nebraska players taking accountability at some point? Nebraska turnover rankings:
2018- #96
2019- #100
2020- #119

See the coincidence, the coaches change but the same results are the same?

Reactions: 9and4
And Bill Snyder, control freak that he was, probably was OCD.

Yet he's in the College Football Hall of Fame next to the head man at Iowa. And Snyder is largely responsible for Fry's success and Iowa's resurgence in addition to K-State's 30-year run of pretty good.

Coincidentally, Fry and Snyder both have the same number of national titles.
this is a rabbit trail but interesting to some here who have followed bill snyder. this fall will be the first in 35-years that one of his k-state recruits will not be on the field.

GDVF9GSXEAAuKy-

Reactions: 9and4
this is a rabbit trail but interesting to some here who have followed bill snyder. this fall will be the first in 35-years that one of his k-state recruits will not be on the field.

GDVF9GSXEAAuKy-
His imprint is still huge in all of college football.

Also, Michael Bishop was a bad man. (In the best way possible.)

Well there you go touché on the WV stuff! Not sure the harm in a beer with assistant interviews...common practice on dates or the sales position real world... but to each their own.

Maybe fans look at Nebraska players taking accountability at some point? Nebraska turnover rankings:
2018- #96
2019- #100
2020- #119

See the coincidence, the coaches change but the same results are the same?
Correct.. that coaching staff was fired.

So you are saying we should have kept frosty? I disagree

Reactions: Landomatic
I would think they would want The Skulllet for the deep experience coaching QBs. He can read the current playbook and possibly suggest improvements.

News - Dana Holgorsen’s Interview Process Reportedly Includes Drinking ‘A Sh*t Ton Of Beers’
Me - We all have peculiar processes at work.

Correct.. that coaching staff was fired.

So you are saying we should have kept frosty? I disagree
Thanks for the history lesson. If you're unable to be a rational fan and understand the failure of our players to make decisions or hold onto the rock that's on you.

Mark Whipple had Kenny Pickett at Pitt in 2021 as OC. Kenny Pickett threw 42 TD's and 7 picks.
He comes to Nebraska and our QB's throw a combined 17 TD's and 13 picks.

**Honest question- was it more important to the success of the offense for both TD's and Turnovers with Mark Whipple at coordinator or Kenny Pickett at QB?

Thanks for the history lesson. If you're unable to be a rational fan and understand the failure of our players to make decisions or hold onto the rock that's on you.

Mark Whipple had Kenny Pickett at Pitt in 2021 as OC. Kenny Pickett threw 42 TD's and 7 picks.
He comes to Nebraska and our QB's throw a combined 17 TD's and 13 picks.

**Honest question- was it more important to the success of the offense for both TD's and Turnovers with Mark Whipple at coordinator or Kenny Pickett at QB?
Whipple as OC:

giveaways per game (rank):
2019 - 93
2020 - 83
2021 - 38
2022 - 83

what he did at Nebraska in 2022 falls well within one standard deviation… in other words I expected him to finish between 65- 90 at Nebraska based off his historical performance (which he did).

Whipple as OC:

giveaways per game (rank):
2019 - 93
2020 - 83
2021 - 38
2022 - 83

what he did at Nebraska in 2022 falls well within one standard deviation… in other words I expected him to finish between 65- 90 at Nebraska based off his historical performance (which he did).

You didn't answer the question.

You didn't answer the question.
how does anyone answer this nonsensical question?

can you try asking it again, but this time in English?

I think coaching is more important than the individual players. History proves this, but keep blaming players if it makes you feel better. Hope Rhule will make the change of Satt can’t improve

It's not the X's and the O's, but the Jimmys and the Joes that make the difference"

You're the one calling for a coach's head after year one, sounds like you need to try and feel better. Football is the ultimate team game and I'm not going to be the pitchfork and torch guy. I trust MR more than any other coach we've had in the last couple decades. I betcha Matt has a much better grasp of his inner staff and the workings. If Satt doesn't cut it he will be gone, why worry about that now?

"But Marcus Satterfield has a defender in head coach Matt Rhule.
"Marcus is fighting and scratching and punching and willing to get this thing as good as we can get it," Rhule said Monday. "That's what all the guys are doing."
Rhule said the day-by-day process must be trusted and that firing people isn't the answer. "So we want the whole offense to start over again with a whole new language next year? I'm not doing that. That's ridiculous."

As for me- We got rid of poor qb's, infused with young talent, #1 high school QB and oh a killer D. I'm on easy street baby. Just need less people on this board being "Ridiculous".

Wow. A lot of red flags there.

• Wow
It's not the X's and the O's, but the Jimmys and the Joes that make the difference"

You're the one calling for a coach's head after year one, sounds like you need to try and feel better. Football is the ultimate team game and I'm not going to be the pitchfork and torch guy. I trust MR more than any other coach we've had in the last couple decades. I betcha Matt has a much better grasp of his inner staff and the workings. If Satt doesn't cut it he will be gone, why worry about that now?

"But Marcus Satterfield has a defender in head coach Matt Rhule.
"Marcus is fighting and scratching and punching and willing to get this thing as good as we can get it," Rhule said Monday. "That's what all the guys are doing."
Rhule said the day-by-day process must be trusted and that firing people isn't the answer. "So we want the whole offense to start over again with a whole new language next year? I'm not doing that. That's ridiculous."

As for me- We got rid of poor qb's, infused with young talent, #1 high school QB and oh a killer D. I'm on easy street baby. Just need less people on this board being "Ridiculous".
Such a lazy argument. So anyone could have won three titles with TO’s players 🤣🤣. Why are discounting TO’s accomplishments?

Once again, I think MR will do what’s needed. He’s already looking to make a big upgrade to our offensive coaching so i feel good about things.

Did you just post an article from 2011? Really

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT